Aa
A
A
Close
sun and pvd
I have posterior vitreous detachment in my one eye. I have also had many tests to make sure the retina is not torn, etc. My doctor has been very thorough. However, I have sun sensitivity in the eye with the pvd which I am told is " normal, " sometimes. Can someone give me some insight into this? Should I be concerned, more careful to wear sunglasses, and so forth. Thank you, Karin
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
711220 tn?1251894727
I would not worry about it.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
What would cause this, the sun sensitivity in the pvd eye? My vision is fine, unaffected by the pvd. Thanks for any information you can give me. Karin
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
711220 tn?1251894727
The vitreous detachment can cause unwanted visual distortions in the eye.  In my experience, I can not recall a patient with this complaint after a PVD.   Sometimes patient pay more attention to an eye after a problem.  You may have had some sun sensitivity that did not bother you, but now with the additional floaters you may be more sensitive.

Dr. O.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
One more concern, or question: the doctor mentioned when he did a scan that my eye with the pvd had some inflammation, showing up on the scan in an orange color. Is this normal for having a pvd and floaters? Could it have anything to do with my sun sensitivity? Thank you, Karin
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources