sun and pvd
I have posterior vitreous detachment in my one eye. I have also had many tests to make sure the retina is not torn, etc. My doctor has been very thorough. However, I have sun sensitivity in the eye with the pvd which I am told is " normal, " sometimes. Can someone give me some insight into this? Should I be concerned, more careful to wear sunglasses, and so forth. Thank you, Karin
I would not worry about it.

Dr. O.
What would cause this, the sun sensitivity in the pvd eye? My vision is fine, unaffected by the pvd. Thanks for any information you can give me. Karin
The vitreous detachment can cause unwanted visual distortions in the eye.  In my experience, I can not recall a patient with this complaint after a PVD.   Sometimes patient pay more attention to an eye after a problem.  You may have had some sun sensitivity that did not bother you, but now with the additional floaters you may be more sensitive.

Dr. O.
One more concern, or question: the doctor mentioned when he did a scan that my eye with the pvd had some inflammation, showing up on the scan in an orange color. Is this normal for having a pvd and floaters? Could it have anything to do with my sun sensitivity? Thank you, Karin