Eye Care Community
swollen puffy top right eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

swollen puffy top right eyelid

MY RIGHT TOP EYELID HAS BEEN SWOLLEN FOR 1 YEAR AND A HALF IT IS SWOLLEN AND SOMETIMES IN THE MORNING I WAKE UP WITH IT REALLY SWOLLEN WITH RED ON IT BUT SOME MORNINGS I WAKE UP WITH IT NOT THAT SWOLLEN I FELT MY EYELID I DONT HAVE BUMPS OR NOTHING ITS JUST SQUISHY AND PUFFY SWOLLEN.SOMETIMES I HAVE THIS FUNKY PAIN LIKE I FEEL SOMETHING MOVE INSIDE LIKE IF THERE WAS A WORM OR SOMETHING AND SOMETIMES I WOULD GET A REALLY MILD PAIN LIKE ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD I WENT TO AN OPTOMOLOGIST I DID A CT AND MRI TEST AND DOCTORS STILL CANT TELL ME WHAT I HAVE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT I HAVE I REALLY DONT WANT TO LOOSE MY EYE BECAUSE ALL HUMANS DO ONLY HAVE 2 EYES...
see a neuroophthalmolgoist. Find one near you at www.aao.org
JCHMD
Hi, I really feel for you as I too have had a similar thing on and off over the last 2 years, mostly affecting just my right eyelid but sometimes cross infecting both eyes.  For me the reaction is most likely an allergy to eye makeup, even ones that have been ophthalmically tested (which i have stopped using and thrown out now). I have been to  many GP's and also an eye specalist, all who have given me a lot of different types of drops (antibiotics to steriods to allergy) - none of which have really worked for me and some of which have made my condition worse. I have finally recieved relief when i was put on a week of co fluampicil antibiotic tablets & also religously (morning & night) embark on a gentle washing regime of my eyelids and eyebrows with Nutrogena T Gel with cotton wool (I found baby shampoo and Lidcare wipes were too harsh and cause my eyelids to get redder). After washing with the T Gel, I use another clean cotton wool to gently exfoliate off any dead, dry skin on my eyelids and then i pat them dry before putting on aqueous cream on the lids and massaging the cream into the lids for a couple of mins which really tones down any swelling. As I have always had dry eyes, I use sterile preserative free drops 4 times a day and take one eye Vitamin tablet (Visonace) with my breakfast daily and try to drink plenty of water (at least 1.5 litres a day).   I am not sure if any of the above will help you and if not, I hope you get some relief soon and that you find out what is causing your swollen eyelid. Good luck!
-
This is the first time this has happened to me....its 10 a.m where i live and i just woke up! My right eye only is swollen....no pain and no redness! Kinda just like having a black eye. Can i get any help on what i should do?