Eye Care Community
white string eye mucous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

white string eye mucous

I am in problem of having stringy eye mucus and it has been for a year. I tried many different eye drops and antibaiotics drops but didn't help. how can i can get my eyes healthy, please give me an advice that can help me my eyes cure. Help me please.
It is hard to tell without a exam.  See an EyeMD.

Dr. O.
You likely have mucus fishing syndrome.  Do you use your fingers or Kleenex to remove the mucus??   Look up this problem, and seek the help of an eyeMD.  If you can entirely avoid contact with your eye, it should slowly resolve
i have the same thing and i feel like my eyes r dry and hurt too. not always but i have alot of problems w them.. let me knw if u find out
I just tried this last night... cleanse your entire face with witch hazel including eyelids and under your eye.  I could not find castor oil eye drop bottle so I applied the castor oil directly to my eye using a Q-tip in the inner & outter corner of the eye. Then I immediately went to SLEEP (get off the phone, no facebook, twitter, linked in, etc) the messages will be there in the morning.  

So far as of today(2/4/2011) I haven't pulled anything from my eye! I felt something in the bottom right eye this morning, but instead of looking for it I moved the eye lid around in a circle and within 5minutes the string was in the inner corner of my eye which I removed with a tissue.  That was my only string today :-)) as of 11am 2/4/2011.  We shall see...I hope this is a remedy that will work in the long run because I am tired of my Mom yelling at me to get my finger out of my eye. She says people are going to look at you CRAZY. My friends say "Oh girl what's wrong with you, what the heck is that coming out of your eye" I use to think it was normal & funny at their reaction, now I see its not.  Its a serious issue that some people experience.  The eye doctor perscribed me some drops & the eyelid wash like 4years ago but that NEVER worked.  I PRAY this will work so I can tell others, I know my homegirl that has it also will be happy to hear!!!  I hope this will work for you & everyone else that goes thru this thing.  

It ultimately scares me because I know Glaucoma runs in my family & I was like wondering if these strings were how it began.  I have been pulling strings for over 20years now.  IT HAS TO STOP!!!!  ALSO I will be increasing my Vitamin A intake as well *** eating more carrots
I have got the same problem I've had it for a couple ov years my eyes are always sore I'm alwais rubbing thm I almost rub thm everyday do u think my doc will prescribe sumthing??
i have had this problem since the age 14 and i am now 32. it is gross indeed. any doctor whithout this problem will not care or know what to do, so they have become a wast of time. most males believe its because of masterbation (masturbation), and for some it is, but i am married and have tried this no *** theory. it is far from the truth. honestly iv learned the best thing to do is keep it as far away from your family and friends as possible because it is very contagious. even a small hand shake, or grocery cart, or door knob, or steering wheel, or even a dollar bill can contain the germ. if you are single and are looking to marry, i would advise you understand that there is stronger genes out there that heal themselfs overtime. when i kiss a girl, she will get it. and if she heals naturaly overtime, that means she has a stronger gene. this became very important to me because i did not want to watch my children grow up with the same trouble i had, especialy because of me. some people will get it and NEVER get rid of it. my wife got it a few times over the years and it just went away, the same for my son. i have tried many eye drops, both perscribed by doctors and non perscribed. the most damaging is visine. the most helpfull seems to be Equate lubricating & rewetting drops. these eye drops do not solve the problem, but they sort of gather all the junk and add it together so your able to buy some time. if you do alot of research you will learn that there is this one place that does this one surgury that is only half successfull. so even if you wast thousands of dollars, you can still get it again by coming home and touching something you touched before, or by getting it from someone else.
Regaurding my statement on masterbation (masturbation), it is also biblical. if you read the book of Job, you will see that his friends were accusing him of masterbation (masturbation). of course he did not, but they were sure of it. they come at him with very harsh words and he defends himself confirming thier accusations.
this curse has in many ways been a blessing. for example, i have seen many of my friends become infected over the years and right away, thier wife or girlfriend leaves them. they leave because of the shallowness of thier hearts. If your manager at work gets it, it almost makes it impossible for him to function and is soon out the door. it will basicaly cause you to see who your real friends are. the people that never cared about you will quickly dissapear.
After many years, i have no othere choice but to believe God gave it to me for a reason, and God does not remove it from me for a reason. although im most of the time alone, im 100% surrounded by my true friends and family. this germ wil also cause you to see past the flesh. you will start to read body language 1000 times more than you ever did. you will start to read the spirit of a person almost as if to read thier thoughts. you will become less distracted with meaningless things. you will be more appreciative of those who love you. your paths will be far from the proud and concieded. you WILL be humbled.
hopefully when you clear the mucous from your eyes, it will also help you see the stupidity of your statement...Obviously you were a pervert for spending hours at a time sitting in front of a computer watching porn instead of watching your wife....God didnt give it to you...stop being a bible thumping fucktard, and pushing your ******** on others who are looking for a SCIENTIFIC and MEDICAL explanation for a problem....you are a BLIND idiot..and hopefully you will see one day that you cant see your god, but a hapless moron when you finally wake up and look into the mirror, and not your porn....**** yourself, and figure out how to spell MASTURBATION, obviously god didnt help you to spell in school....god wont remove it from you because you are a pervert...go sleep with your wife instead of letting your god fistfuck you in your ***, making it hard for you to see the truth...
Okay my daughter is 12 years old. She has had mucus inside her eyelids for a while.( 2-3 years) And no doctor has put in concern about it. She takes allergies drops and eye lubercents. But she fishes every day. She said something in her mind makes it feel like pus is in her eye. Also she digs in way to far and damages her eye. But sometime as she says that her mind tricks her and makes her see clear pus and she goes to get it nothing, but it is also what she is around. The worst part it small dust and extra things can get inside her eye and stick to the pus. She doesn't have pink eye; allergy season is over. She does have chronic dry eyes. Someone please help my baby she can't survive this what doctors should I go to? Anyone else have this issue please respond if ASAP
I THINK THIS MAY HELP SOME OF YOU. I HAVE HAD THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS FOR YEARS AND IT HAD ALWAYS DRIVEN ME NUTS. STRINGY RUBBING BLURRY PICKING AT....ALWAYS THINKING I HAVE EYE GOOP.  AND WOULD PICK UNTIL I GOT IT OUT.  WELL MY EYE DID SOME TESTS AND SAYS IT IS Blepharitis WHICH IS NOT A BIG DEAL. IT DOES NOT GO AWAY TOTALLY BUT GET BABY SHAMPOO AND WASH YOUR EYE LIDS AND EYES MANY TIMES A DAY.  THERE IS BACTERIA BEHIND THE EYELIDS AND IT MAKES YOU FEEL THE NEED TO RUB AND PICK . IT CAUSES STRINGY MUCOUS LIKE SECRETIONS FROM THE EYES. I WON'T BORE YOU WITH ALL OF THE DETAILS BUT HONESLY BABY SHAMPOO WORKS. RESIST RESIST RESIST PUTTING YOUR FINGERS AT YOUR EYE AS IT SPREADS AND MUTLIPLIES THE BACTERIA . EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS. OH AND NO VISINE IT WON'T HELP.
SORRY MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS ***@****