Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
? about progesterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

? about progesterone

hello everyone I have been reading everyones post faithfully and I wish you all the best of luck. Now, can someone tell me, will progesterone make your boobs sore, and make you feel gassy(TMI) sorry, I had IUI that failed AGAIN, when I went in for my 3 day U/S dr said not to restart the injections due to 2 cysts, 15 18 mm. well 9 days post ovulation I had abundant EWCM so of course I BD.. my md told me to start progesterone on day 14 so my period will start at 28 days., I dont get my period without some sort of chemical help,. now, i feel slightly queasy, not bad, just things dont taste right, and have like reflux ALOT... and now tonite boobs tender, not severe just slightly uncomfortable. could this be from the progesterone?
Avatar n tn
I read that progesterone can make you gassy. Progesterone slows the digestive process, causing that horrible bloated feeling and subsequent gas.
I always thought it was the estrogen that made your breast swell and tender but I'm not 100%.  
its both. last month i took clomid,estrogen, and progesterone pills and the due make your breast sore. it's a side effect.
Avatar n tn
I am on crinone (progestorone vaginal gel) and it has made me psyhco.  I feel like s**t. This stuff has made me really depressed and moody.  My poor husband.  I am having bad side effects but I talked to my girlfriend who was on the progeterone injections and she said she was fine.  So I guess it effects people in different ways.  
Avatar n tn
Yes, you can experience a lot of gas & bloating along with the sore boobs.
Funny story about progesterone-  I got vertigo!  When my RE doubled my progesterone past IVF I felt so funny with vertigo I called him.  We determined it was from the progesterone.  Good Luck to you!