Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
1st IVF - anyone with me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

1st IVF - anyone with me

we are about to start our very 1st IVF this month.
AF came Friday
CD2 Labs on Saturday (FSH was 10.3)
started BCPs on Monday (9/29)
Go for Saline infused sonogram on 10/3
Pap and bloodwork on 10/7
I will start injectibles 10/18
I am so nervous/scared.  this is our last shot at having another baby.
Anyone with me?
Hi, good timing, I'll be starting my second round of IVF this month.  I'm definately nervous and scared. I'm trying to be optimistic since this is our second time. I have heard positive results for women who tried the first, and then got lucky with the second.
My doctor is changing my meds, so hopefully it will be successful. I go for my blood work on 10/16, and will start the injections on the 17th. Let's do this together!!!!!
SORRY FOR YOUR BFN on IVF #1 - hope 2nd time is the charm for you!
DId you happen to do a shared risk program?  We are thinking about it - since i qualified for it.  just so much $ to shell out at once.
I have a appt. with my RE tomarrow to start IVF. I am really worried that since we are going out of town on OCT 23rd that she won't start the process this month. I just don't want to waste a single month of TTC. I guess I will find out tomarrow what my IVF protocal will include. So maybe I will be with you since today is CD2 for me as well.
Just wanted to wish you guys good luck and a round of BFPs.

mom2prielle,
do not be scared.  The protocol always looks intimidating but once you start it will become a second nature and time will go really fast.

Janice,
I hope that 2 is the charm for you and the new protocol will make all the difference.  
Thanks to both of you for the support. I need all I can get.
I'm hoping and praying the second time is just what I need.

Mom2prielle - what is a shared risk program?  We did not do that...seems we are handing cash to everyone these days. In the end, it will all be worth it.

Keep me posted on your progress. We are all in this together!
shared risk is a program some RE offer - you pay for 2 cycles upfront and get 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles.  if you dont take a baby home - you get 70% of your $ back.  I was just approved yesterday - waiting on my paperwork to see if we can swing all that $ at once.
Wow...I need to see if my doctors offer that program. What a concept.
I've already paid for the first IVF, we'll pay for the second one shortly. Crazy how expensive it is!
its a pretty cool program - but you have to sign up and get approved prior to the start of IVF treatment.  We got in - they usually dont accept FSH >10 - unless all other factors are good. I was lucky i think - but are weighing the odds.  Not sure we can afford more then 1 IVF cycle.  It is strapping us financially just to pay for 1.  We did get approved for financing - so we will do that since the interest rate is so low.