Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
1st IVF visit
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

1st IVF visit

Im so excited just got my first appointment to the IVF Feb 8th wondering if anyone have something they can share with me about there first visit and what happen with that visit..
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Planning for testing n information on Ur history then talks about what u want. It will be a lot to absorb n emotional. Be prepared but have hope. Do research on Ur doc before u make any desicisions. I had a horrible experience w one practice n my 2nd opinion took all the bad stuff away n I'm 20 weeks pregnant now
Blank
1931865_tn?1326130909
Wonderful congrats I'm praying it works.out and hope that my refer me to a good doc. Praying everything works out thank u so much and pray that you and your enjoy your lil one to come..
Blank
1755745_tn?1313370731
I agree, it's a lot to absorb, but trust your instincts about the RE--if you get a weird vibe or if s/he comes across too much as if they are trying sell you something, beware. And yes, do your research on the clinic/doctor. At our first appt, the RE just pretty much just gave us the straight up sobering truth about our chances in general though he was still optimistic (but I am also older than you), ordered more tests for both of us to make sure IVF was our best option (which I appreciated), explained the IVF process, answered our questions, and sent us on our way. Our first meeting was about 30-40 minutes, and I'd say my husband and I both left there with a solid sense of hope and eagerness to begin the whole process. Good luck to you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank