Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
5dpiui slight cramping?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

5dpiui slight cramping?

Hi there - I'm 5dpoiui and feeling some slight cramping. I had very bad cramps about 2 days after the iui, but now it's subsided to almost nothing. No sore bb's, really nothing. Has anyone else experienced this and had a BFP in the end??
Hi there!!!  

I don't want to give you false hope, but I have had two successful pregnancies, resulting in a beautiful boy and girl, and both times I experienced cramping around 5 days and continuing.  (The first couple of days cramping was probably from the IUI procedure). I didn't experience any bleeding with the implantation, but definitely had cramping around this time, and I felt for sure my period was coming on.  Now, I'm trying for a third child, and had my IUI on 17 August.  Today I have slight cramping like you, but again, I don't want to get my hopes up.  I'm having a blood test on 31 August, but will probably use a home test around about 29 or 30 August.  I know that other women sometimes get cramping too.

Good luck, to you and to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for your response and encouraging words! I have a 4 1/2 year old, but it seems so long ago that I was prego, that I can't remember the symptoms!! We have been trying for #2 for almost 2 years - this was my first round of iui (with injectables/ovidrel trigger shot), so I don't really know what to expect. Today (6 dpiui) and I'm having strange twinges in my ovaries (no sore bb's, no other symptoms which I feel could be a bad sign?). If you don't mind me asking...did you do meds with your iui's? Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry it took me ages to get back here and comment!!!!!!!! How are you?  Have you got a BFP?... For my son, I used natural IUI, and got pregnant first cycle.  For my daughter, I used puregon injectables, buserelin, and was on the pill also.  

I tested on day 11 and 13, and got a BFN.  This was my second cycle.  My first one was cancelled as I grew too many big follies.  This cycle looked as if I had too many also, but I coasted a couple of days (didn't use drugs), and the RE did a scan showing two follies on right 16mm and 19mm, and a couple on left, both 14mm.  The problem is, I reckon I ovulated before I had the trigger and IUI.  I told the clinic this, but they said all would be OK.  But in my heart, I'm sure I did ovulate, and that this second cycle was a bit of a waste of time and money also.

What drugs are you using?  

If you haven't got your BFP, good luck!!!!

This s my 5th iui. 3 with clomid and the last two with injectables! Am now 5dpiui and feelin cramps with smelly gas.. Husband had good count and motility for the past two cycles nearly 60 million with 96% post wash motility.. Will atleast this month would I be blessed? Girls pls help with ur bfp stories and advice..