Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
After ET when will implantation occur?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

After ET when will implantation occur?

I had my ET today and I was just wondering if implantation happens right away or in a few days? I don't have cramps but I feel a little pressure, I guess from them working there right? Oh God I'm so anxious! :)
Did you have a day 3 or day 5 transfer? The embies dont implant immediately. As my nurse put it they shop around for a few days seeing if your uterus is worth renting for the next 9 months before the decide to move in LOL. Thought it was a nice way of putting it add some humor to a stressful experience.
On a day 3 transfer implantation starts about 3-4 days after the transfer, Im not familar with day 5 as I didnt have a day 5 transfer but Id think it would be within a day or 2 of a day 3 transfer
Thank you!!! That is a nice way to put it! lol Oh God I hope my embies like my uterus, I won't even charge them rent! lol I had a 5 day transfer...so we'll see :) Are you in the 2WW wait? Good luck to you!
Your welcome!!! I wish you the best of Luck and lots of baby dust!!!
I am not in the 2ww althou I guess you could say I always am. We were told it wouldnt happen on its own so we use no bc, I dont really track things anymore althou I know my body. If it happens on its own great! If not we hope to start the IVF process again March/April. In the meantime whatever does or doesnt happen I can accept. :)
What happens after a 3 Day and a 5 Day Transfer!
3-DAY TRANSFER:

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

5-DAY TRANSFER:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
Thank you fir that chart! OMG is so interesting...hopefully my embies stay in there and become healthy baby/babies...

To: hopeitworks
Good luck! Who knows maybe you'll get preganant w/o IVF! God is more powerful than Drs and technology, and at the end he is the one that decides how he wants to make things happen :)
It can take a few days. I think by the third or 4th day I was already feeling cramping. But not everyone feels cramping so dont be sad if you dont feel any symptoms. I also started wanting alot of ice water towrad the end of the wait. So you just need to look for some signs to keep you busy lol.. Good luck!! your wait is almost over!
Hey I was going to ask about the crampings, because I've been feeling them since the beginning..is that normal? not really bad, but just the discomfort there, and from time to time some crampings...but I was also feeling like that since my retrieval, its been the same everyday, so I don't know what is it from exactly? How were you feeling after transfer? any pressure or discomfort? the also said my ovaries are really big, since I had so many eggs, and that discomfort was normal, but it's been a few days already! Should I be concerned?
No I dont think you should be worried. I went through the same thing. Since they took 21 eggs from me they told me I would be more sore than most women. I was in alot of discomfort for a few days. I couldnt even stand up striaght for the first three days. My pain was tollerable if I didnt move around to much. As far as cramping goes I think I just had cramping in my sides from my ovaries. And after the transfer just a day or two after I started cramping on and off almost like period cramps. And it lasted for a few weeks. I think it finally stoped around or before 5 weeks pregnant. I read that it could be from the baby implannting and you knowing your body well enough to notice this change. Some women dont feel anything and they are pregnant. I am 9 weeks pregnant and my ovaries are still larger than they should be and my dr said thats normal. And they will go back down with time. I had some pain from them hurting for a few weeks off and on but its getting alot better. It scared me cuz I thought it was the baby making me hurt but it wasnt. Good luck And as far as what I went through it all sounds normal to me.
I've no any cramping after ET since 5th march, is this implantation or not?
hi good luck
had 3 day single transfer on sat and after 24 hours had cramping they were quite painful and they lasted for less than 30mins. i now feel them slightly and they are not a bother. am 32yrs and this is my first trial. am so lonely
Like your post.  I need to say I have gained a lot from this website.  Thanks