Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Any1 get pregnant first cycle of Clomid????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 3401 comments:
Just was curious if anyone had any symptoms when they went to the 100 mg of Clomid. I have been reading some things about the side effects and I haven't found any that where good. Just debating on if I should take the 100 mg or go to a specialist instead. I hate making big decisions!
HI Shan1819 I did not have any side effects. I conceived off my first round of 100mg clomid
Thank you!! That's gives me some faith :)
Hi ladies,
I started taking Clomid. 50 mg on the 20th which was the 5th day of my cycle and today was my second dose. Feeling scared because I have PCOS. I have a daughter who's 10yr and been trying since. What should I do to increase my chances other than the clomid.
try IVF or IUI if clomid doesnt work the first two rounds. You may be ovulating but not producing mature eggs. That happened to me. I have PCOS and I have a 6year old daughter- i was on clomid for 6 months- started at 50mg and increased to 150mg. NOTHING. I did and IUI and nothing and now i am on IVF,
Hi happy new year everyone!

Not been on here for a while glad to hear PUMPKIN2003 also got a BFP like ISLANDIVA. I remember you both were ttc with CD 9+months ago when I started TTC.

Well, I gave birth to our son NYD weighed 7IB 3ozs a great start to the new year!
GL to you all this is to show CD does work, maybe sooner for some than others, depending on dose & if doesn't DO NOT give up until you've tried ALL possibilities.
Hope this year brings a lot of baby dust to more families :-)
Thanks a lot and I will like to give you congrats on your New Son. I also wish you and your family a bless New Year!!!!!

Enjoy your new bundle of JOY!!
Have u ladies found out wat ur having yet???
I JUST FOUND OUT 3 DAYS AGO THAT IM HAVING A GIRL........IM SO HAPPY BCUZ I WANTED TO GIVE MY 8 YR OLD DAUGHTER A SISTER.
HOW R U????
HI HOW R U???? I JUST WANT TO LET U KNO THAT IM HAVING A GIRL AND BABY IS DOING FINE........IM CURRECTLY 19WKS 6DAYS.
I am so glad I figure you was having a girl, I believe I am also having a girl, but I do not know. I am 20 wks & 5dys. I go to the doctor on the 19th of this month to find out what I am having. Everything so far is going great with me and the baby. I will continue to keep you posted and you please do the same.

I am so GLAD for you!!!!!
That's great news I'm so happy for u I been gud myself. After losing my baby back in August. I found out I'm expecting again actually i've known for a while kind of keeping it low key. But Im 18 weeks today due july 13th i go on Feb 28th to find out what im having. Im excited to start shopping. I'll keep u guys updated.  
I have been trying to get pregnant for about 2years now!!!can anyone plz tell me the steps to take?I am so confused,dnt know what to do!!!!!
You should talk to ur DR to try and find out what your reasons for infertility are. Could it be PCOS? Are you having regular periods? Have you always had regular periods? Have you been trying or just not preventing? Charting? using ovulation kits or anything? Have you tried clomid? or anything you should see an OB if they can't help the see an RE.
Hi girls been a long time! How's everyone? I'm 4days late and have my fingers and toes crossed tight, iv done a test and negative, maybe 2 early, I'm hoping they haven't stopped because iv put on a few pounds, can't stop eating, anyone on fbook to keep in touch xx
Well I am not sure what is going on. But today I have been feeling a little dizzy. If I move to fast it feels like I am going to pass out. I took 100 mg of clomid on day 5-9 and never had any symptoms. So I am not sure if I am having a side effect to the clomid or if it is something else or if I could be pg.
I was diagnosed with PCOS the same day I was given the prescription for Clomid. Today is my first day taking  Clomid day 3-7 .... Im so nervous, I don't know what to expect. I hope all goes well and I get pregnant....
so i had no luck ovulating on the 150mg of clomid so Dr gave me 200mg and this past Wed. i went in for a progesterone test and that was cd17 i'm just waiting for the results. i hope i find out whats going on and need to figure out what my steps are because she said if i haven't o'd with 250mg then i need to take the next step. xing my fingers that i'll get a bfp sometime soon.  baby dust to all
Hello everyone. After my miscarriage and being on clomid 50mg and another miscarriage and taken 100mg finally I am continue to have a good pregnancy. I am 23 weeks and I found out Tuesday that I am having a little GIRL. I will continue to keep everyone posted.  BABY DUST TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!
Im happy for u.........Welcome to Team Pink.
Thanks A Lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M HAVING A LIL BOY!!!!,
How's it going since you last posted? Iv been on 150mg clomid for months now and nothing I go back to my Gyna tomorrow morning so hoping to move to the next level because they are obviously not working, I didn't know you could get 200mg clomid, baby dust xx
Blah such a battle, we've been ttc we thought we were at first befor We even started then found out we weren't, ( August2011)  I was diagnosed with pcos  i started metformin in november then in February 2012 my dr said my lining had built up and had to do a d&c ( they actually told us they thought it was cancer but it wasn't), in may I had gastric bypass because I need to lose the weight to help my overies and over all life, they all say when u lose weight u become more fertial not me I guess, in December(2012) we hd to use meds to start my period, and I did start clomid and noticed some mucus for the first time, durning this we found out my husband was deploying he deployed less then a ,onto later, he's coming home soon so I'm starting clomid with my April cycle I'm so tiered of the disappointment him bing gone has been so hard along with not being able to try. But any who that's my story I do have a few questions.. Has anyone ever used the liquid clomid? I've heard of taking like mucinex with it when and how does that work? What else can I do?? Hugs room
Hi Cherryprincess I never heard of liquid clomid. I can relate to your story becaue after so many years of trying and disappointments I was finally able to concieve (conceive). Me and my husband was together for six years before my first pregnancy on my own with no medicine and I lost the baby due to a tubal pregnancy in Feb 2011. So we tried for a year and nothing. I finally decided to go to a doctor for help and he gave me 50mg of clomid. I started in March of 2012 and concieve (conceive) again in May 2013. I miscarriaged again after 4 weeks of pregnancy. So after my cycle came back on I decided to take the 100mg that my doctor  prescribe me in June 2012 and I was pregnant a month and half later. I am currently having a little girl that is due June 22, 2013.

So basically what I am saying that if it happen to me and others it will most certain happen for you. You must have faith and keep believing.

BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Hi just popping in to see how everyone is doing...I recently read something quite shocking on Google about clomid success had a result of some babies being born DS.
I was successful first time on CD 5-9 & now have a HEALTHY baby boy.
I'm just asking did anyone else hear/read about this? Did anyone else get pregnant & have DS baby after taking clomid? Does these stories stop any of you to continue taking clomid?
I would love my baby the same even if had DS
Baby dust to all
I have followed everyones' stories for almost a year now. I found comfort in finding out that i was not alone. I found out last year that I had pcos which was making it difficult to get pregnant. On my first round of 50 mg of clomid, I conceived. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.  One month later with 50 mg clomid, I conceived again. A week and a half ago I gave birth to a healthy baby boy. My husband and I will be forever grateful for this wonderful gift. My husband encouraged me to share my story with you to encourage you not to give up. Miracles can happen! I will keep all of you in my thoughts and hope for your miracle!
I do not have PCOS! I got pregnant on my own when I was 21 and had a m/c at 12 weeks then got pregnant again on my own 12 weeks later and again m/c at 13 weeks! I am now 28 and have yet to get pregnant again! I start on 50mg of Clomid tmrw for my 5- 9 d dose! I hope that this works! I go in May 9th to check to see if I'm ovulating with the clomid! I've been keeping up with everyones posts and I am so sorry to the ladies who m/c I know how hard it is but dont give up! Everything happens for a reason! I plan on keeping everyone posted, if just not for my own shout outs to talk about the process as they say its good to keep optimistic and talk about the experience!

Baby Dust to all!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck!
That is so wonderful to hear such rare cases like yours eeeeeeeeeeeee I hope this works
Thanks for telling me your story. Yes it has been hard, but the Lord has blessed me with a little girl that will be here in the next five weeks, Due date 6/22/2013. I pray to the Lord to let me have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. I wish you the same.
Well I haven't posted in awhile but I found out I was pregnant on the 17th and was feeling great. My level where increasing like they were supposed to. I was to have my first ultrasound today. But over the weekend I had an extreme pain in my right side I went to the ER and found that I had an ectopic pregnancy. So I was given methotrexate. Now we have to wait 3 months to try again.
I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Keep faith good things happen after a tragic situation... I'm praying for u.
Thank you for your words of encouragement! I had to have another shot of methotrexate because my levels were not decreasing. I will just be happy when this part is over and we can start trying again.
yes u can but dont work for everyone
its sad to hear yu have lost your bun..so sorry to hear tat girl but think bout it..u r able to conceive and soon you can try again.  my sis carried her for 9 month and in end..its stillbirth.  its been 3 month ago and there is no words how to confort her. bless you and my sis.  while on my side..i b taking clomid for 1st time tomorrow..9/15.  I cant wait to see good result next month:)
Hello
Thanks for your Kindness! I just had wrote you all this nice long post about everything, and my internet cut off and i lost what i wanted to post :(
So to update everyone briefly
I got prescribed clomid in Feb2013, got pregnant again on my 2nd, 1st round of 50Mg clomid. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant today.I had to have a cerclage put in at 16 weeks because of an incompetent cervix, and i have been on bed rest since then, and they put me in the hospital at 23weeks. So right now i am at the point when my cervix has funneled to the stitch they put in, and my placenta is starting to age prematurely. I am having another girl, She is healthy but just a little small.Please keep us in your prayers!!!
Hey My Friend
sorry i havent been here in ages, but whats been happening with you!!!
I been on metformin for 4 months 2000mg and just took first round clomid I lost my son 17 and been trying with hubby for 9 years Im 30 not to much hope because seems like I been trying longer then any post I see I did have a lot pelvic pain due to cyst but that stoooed sudden after 2 day clomid has any one else tried this long had luck I feel so alone thanks sabrina
HI ladies I'm ESSENCE. I was searching the site and saw your comments and how yall talk openly and honestly and supportively and thought to myself this would be a good group for me. I hope to join in on the journey and become apart of the group. It's always good to be able to talk to women who understand and know first hand what you are going through because they a in the same shoes.
Hi Sad1335 My name is Essence and I just joined the group. I read your post and I can relate to what your going through. It's been now 5years since I lost my baby and I'm 33 my hubby an I are still trying, I have a long history of miscarriages and it took this long to start getting answers, and just learned last year that I had P.C.O.S and I just finished my first cycle of clomid the 31st of October 2013 and wishing for the best. if you would like to talk I'm here. I would love to have some one to talk too who knows and understand.                                                                                                                                                                            Essence163
Hi ladies my name Brenda I recently came across this page and just loved how supportive this group was , Well I just started my second cyle of clomid i'm a bit nervous but I have faith in whatever the results are im sure it will lead to a better result !! but i just want to pray for all the ladies trying to get pregnant as for my self it can get hard,,, baby dust to all of ya! <3
Hello! My name is elle, I felt good after reading all your comments. I had 2 cycles of IUI with clomid and injectable, and nothing happened. NOw, me and my husband decided to rest for now and maybe try again next month. Sometimes, I feel sad when my pregnant co workers talk about their pregnancy and stuff and I just hide it to myself. I hope you all pray for me to get pregnant. Thanks!
ive been trying to get an answer on this. i had my period.march 26 to the 31. i also started clomid on the 29th of march to.April 2 idk when i ovulate because period go up and down every month 27 one month 22 the 26 the 24 is crazy i had sex april 5 7 11 15 do to me having to travel can i get pregnant on thos day and when do i ovulate
Viewing 3401 comments: