Any1 get pregnant first cycle of Clomid????
Hi everyone I will be starting Clomid next month and wanted to know how many of you ladies have been on and how many have you got pregnant on the first cycle. Alittle bit nervous about the whole thing but I know it will be alright. I really cant wait to get started on the whole thing. So any feedback and thoughts about Clomid would be appreciated. Thanks a bunches...

Anna
My name is Nalah, i just started my clomid today. Im not sure whats gonna happen. I have been hear nothing but good things about clomid and some bad. I have always had a irregular period since I first got it. It always came every five months. I have been trying to have a baby for a year now. I hope clomid help with trying to build my bundle of joy....loo!
I'm trying for my second baby and have been trying for over a year.  I'm getting ready to go on clomid 100mg for the first time.  I'm taking provera right now and am on day 4.  I'm feeling very hopeful getting ready to start Clomid.  I'm new to this site but what a great place to be able to see that you're not alone and to learn information.  Good luck to everyone out there.  And for those people that have PCOS I know you can get pregnant because I have PCOS and have a beautiful almost 4 year old daughter.  The second baby is taking alittle longer but I believe things happen for a reason :-)
OK, so I started on Clomid this last Saturday. I was feeling fine on Sunday until around 4 or so.. I had a hot flash first and after a couple hours hubby andI were going through our budget and  I coulnd't put my thoughts together, things didn't make much sense and when I realized it, I started crying.. haha. Then we went on to get some dinner and while we were waiting for our cook (japanease steakhouse) I started having this surreal feeling. like if I was in a dream; it lasted about 10-15 min, then I was fine except for some hot flashes. Has anybody felt that before? I guess the good thing is that I know clomid is having an effect on me, hopefully a good effect!
My name's Jaclyn, and I haven't had my period naturally since I stopped my birth control in September.  Very strange b/c I had regular cycles before starting the birth control a few years before.  I'm currently on day 17 of my second clomid cycle.  Last cycle, I used progesterone to induce bleeding, took the clomid days 3-7, but did not ovulate.  I'm fairly certain I ovulated this cycle based on my temperature readings!!!  I'm just not quite sure how to deal with the wait now.  My husband and I are so ready.
Good Morning,

I am new to the website, I posted a posting yesterday, I am just not felling myself right now. Me and Hubby have been together for 4 years now. I had a M/C at 7 months last year, but that just made things very depressing in my life. I am young and finishing up college, and hopefully getting into Medical school soon. My hubby is 3 years older then I, and all his friends have kids, so he is just really looking foward to having some of his own. I have been on Clomid on and off for a year now. First baby was not a clomid baby. Just happened, I didn't find out I was prego until I was 11 wks. CRAZY! last month I just had my first period of the year, last one came in December. This time in March it lasted for 12 days, and only 3 of those 12 were heavy. Which is not normal for me. All the other days they were spotting barly there. I start Clomid on day 3. 150 mg daily. Now I am sitting here a month later, and I am just not feeling well. I am having all the prego feelings. But I started with them about 2 wks ago, which was 2 wks after the day of my last period. I DONT KNOW! i am an emtional wrack right now. I am at work about to cry. I am hurting (my breast have been hurting really really bad), i am just full with different synthoms right now. This is the first time in my life that I have ever fealt this way. I took a prego test last week which I know would have been to early, but it didn't even show the control window. so I know something was up with that test. but I dont know what the correct time to test would be. I can't get into my PCP for another week, and my OB doc is on vaction. So i am stuck!
I start Clomid on Saturday!  My husband and I have been trying for about 8 months.  I was diagnosed with PCOS right after we were married last July and we knew we wanted to try right away.  My Dr. is very proactive and I feel she has helped through all the craziness that begins once you start trying and there are obstacles.  I am excited for the next step which is Clomid...I would love to be one of those..."It worked on the first month" people!  Good Luck to everyone!  
I am so happy that I found this website! I have been asking around and it seems that all of my friends all were able to conceive naturally. I was diagnosed with PCOS and I do not get my period unless I am birth control or Progesterone. My husband and I have been TTC for a few months and were finally given Clomid. I start tomorrow night (CD 3-7). Boy would I love to get pregnant on the first try!!!

Can anyone tell me which days are best to conceive? So I can lock my husband up in the bedroom?..haha

Good luck everyone!
Hi.... I know what you all are going through..... my husband and I TTC for almost a year, we did Provera, and two rounds of Clomid..... do not lose faith, I am 10 1/2 weeks pregnant (2nd round) went for my check-up yesterday and everything is perfect..... I even got to see the baby on a sonogram....
It can be frustrating..... I just found out my sister is pregnant after trying for a MONTH!  It is tough, but just remember, it will work and that is all that matters, it will work.......
Good luck to you all!  
StrangeSally..... any news?????
Well ladies im on cd16 on  my first round of clomid!!  I think Im about to O!!! as my temp dropped this morning and the line on my opk is hard to tell if its a + .  almost as dark as the other line.  I'll keep you all posted.   I think my hubby is starting to hate me  this week  lol. Its funny how he wanted sex all the time before when I didn't - and now that im askin for it he too tired!!  Funny how that works out.  He understands now that its a timing thing so all this week and next its happy BD :)
Hi all. I am new to this board. Hubby and I have been ttc for over a year now with no luck. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 5 years ago. I am on day 7 of provera and will finally start clomid on cd 5-10. Anyone have success on first round of clomid after taking provera? It seems like most women conceive on rounds 2 or 3 after taking provera/clomid. Also, all 3 of my sisters have announced their pregnancy and they haven't even been trying! While I am very happy for them, it is still hard for me. Jealousy and sadness are eating away at me. Anyone have tips to deal with this? Each day it gets easier to deal with the situation, but it still causes anxiety. Thanks for any help!
Hi Everyone!!  Im 30 years old (DH is also 30) and we have been TTC for a year and a half......We were starting to get discouraged, and were going to try IUI.  However, before the IUI process, my doctor suggested I try Clomid first along with the HCG injection. I was put on Clomid (50mg) that i took on day 5-9 and I also received an HCG injection to help release the egg on Day 12.  I am sooo excited to say that I am now 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  I am a FIRM believer that I think it was the HCG injection that did it for us.  I always had regular cycles and I ovulated every month, I just dont think my ovary released the egg.  When you get the HCG injection you definitely know when the egg has been released.  Such an amazing experience.  Good luck to everyone, dont give up, it will happen for everyone!!  Ask your doctors about the HCG injection, Im convinced that did it for us!!!  Good luck everyone!!!  :)
Hi!  I was reading through the post and I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 1/2 yrs ago!!  My dr was shocked because I don't meet any of the requirements except cysts!  I had been on BC and went off it, had my period 6 months like clockwork, then didn't have it for 6 months.  I kept doing pregnancy test and finally went to the dr at the 6th month!  It was devastated when I found out about the PCOS!!  They put me on a med (more than likely provera) then back on BC and I was on it for a year, went back a yr later and decided we were ready to start trying for baby.  I was off the pill for 2 months and we conceived our wonderful daughter!  
I'm kinda nervous for when we go to try for another one as who knows how easy it will be for that one!

Good luck to you and it's nice to talk to others about it!  I do have a friend that has it also, but sometimes it's nice to talk to others also!
Yes my hubby and I have a 4 year old that we concieved with no problem.!!  Now that we are trying for # 2 diff storey.  Ttc for 1 year so i just started my first round of clomid at 100mg  also took provera to bring on AF since I hadn't had one since July 09. Im Cd16 and thinking positive.  Good luck!!
Hi there.  I am new to the board too and I just read your post and I'm on Provera day 7 too and will be starting Clomid on cd 3-9.  So we are on the same schedule :-)  I know what you mean about hearing other people getting pregnant.  I do have a daughter which I feel very blessed for, but I feel like everyone around me is pregnant including my cousin with baby #4 and he just got fixed too!  I'm very happy for them but it is hard not to get alittle sad and discouraged.  That's why this is great to have found this board.  Cause as supportive as our husbands can be they just don't understand what we're going through.  So good luck to you.  I am so anxious to start Clomid asap :-)
Good Morning everyone! Hubby and I have been trying to somewhat 2 years. We were prego last year, and I lost my son at 7 mons. There was about 6 months between were I was really down and didn't really want to thin abou going through it again just because I was so close. All of his friends are married with kids now, and he is the last of all his friends. So now he is really praying for a baby. It really makes me feel bad to see him happy when he sees his own family and friends, and his sibling have kids to. I feel in my heart that when the time is right it will happen. But for the past two months, I have been taking care of myself preparing my body for a child again, and last month I did take clomid again to see what happens. Still have alot of prego sympthoms but then again I feel like it could all just be in my head to. I am 4 days late, then again AF comes when she pleases. I am just going to be hurt if I take a test and it comes back negitive. Last night hubby, came to me, and held me and asked me if "his son is baking yet" cause he said he has a feeling that I am prego. Dont know..I feel sick, not myself, go down the early sign of preg and I have them. Just really really scared right now. I am sorry about writing all this, but I just feel like I had to express myself before I make myself depressed.
Thanks for the support. Sometimes just venting and getting it out helps! Today will be day 8 of provera for me...2 more to go. Anxious to start Clomid for the first time. If you'd like, we can take this waiting and cycle journey together...sometimes it helps to have a buddy that knows what you are going through. Like you said, husbands can be supportive but they just don't know what it's like. When I found out my sis was prego I just cried and cried all night. He said I shouldn't sulk and my time will come, but that's not what I needed to hear. Thankfully, I was able to get it all out that day (with some thanks to this board) and move forward. Now I have found out that my aunt passed away this morning. So much stress! But I am almost grateful that it is all happening now so I can compartmentalize and move forward before ending the provera. When cd5 arrives I will be turning off my phone and letting all bad news fall to the wayside until at least cd30. As selfish as it may be, this is my time to focus and relax. Feel free to contact me if you need more support and thanks for your encouraging words too!
I know what you mean. Last month I started getting some signs (was probably all in my head) was light headed and nauseous, didn't have any of my usual PMS a week before my period and thought I was 1 day late.. hubby had been telling me maybe you're pregnant, maybe this is it.. so even though I said I was gonna wait until I was at least a week late, I went on and tested, and it was negative. I cried for hours! Now I just took my last clomid pill yesterday and we'll see how this month goes. Last month I wasn't on clomid though, so I'm hoping for a positive on my first clomid cycle!
oh my i thought i was alone with this problem i'm on my 4th day of using clomid this is my first cycle i'm just hoping that god really blesses my husband and i.my doc told me i have pcos so he recommended i use clomid. it's been three and ah half years we've been trying so i really want this to work.good luck to the rest of u guys.
wantmy1stbaby: well good luck with clomid this month! I took it last month after my period came on naturally. And I took clomid on my 3rd day, till day 7. 150 mg daily. Now personally I am just feeling, not myself. As we speak (type), my headache has come back, and I am having a really heavy feeling in my breast. Last night I was having belly button pain.. which was really weriod! i was like what is this!! it was going from the middle of my belly button till me left side near my lower abdom. I have been going to the bathroon like 14 times a day, which is now just getting a little crazy. So I am not sure. I am trying to keep positive, but I feel really sluggy, and moody. And I dont like this feeling. But these changes are all new. I have never been like this ever. Just so confused!!!
If you're already late, maybe you should test? Is this your first round on clomid? If not, has clomid made AF late before? It sounds like you're in a lot of discomfort, I would test **trying not to get my hopes up, but still hoping for the best** (like that's even possible). If it's ++ then GREAT!! :P but if not, maybe you should call your doctor and let them know about everything going on?
Anyway, that's what I would do.. but patiance is defenitly not my thing.
Keep us posted! lots of baby dust to you. Hope you get a ++ !!
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.