Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Any1 get pregnant first cycle of Clomid????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 2401-2600 comments:
Hello everyone, I am just posting to let you ladies know that I just first my ovulation cycle (at least this is what I think, but still will be trying). I was on my first cycle of clomid. I hope we accomplish our bundle of joy, but if not we will continue to try. I will keep posting with updates.
Me and my husband been trying for a baby 2 years. i  im seeing a  doctor  a very good one.   i had my tubes flushed  last month i i  also was takeing provira to normal my perirds had my perid the 15th  for 5 days. then  my day  5 into my perid he put meon clomid   my last day of clomid 50 mg  is tommarow allso on metphorman 1500 mg . they tested my husband everything is good on his end.  what the chances of getting pregent the first month
Thank you so much for replying dear, appriciated!
Yeah, i do ovulate normally but i have been so unlucky to keep a track on dates/days when i ovulate...another thing i can never feel it unless i sea it.

Since my periods are coming on 18th next month, i will be done taking clomid on the 2nd last week of may (probably around 25th) and i will with ma hubby on 29th may...what would be the best option in my case, i mean having intercourse everyday or every 2 days...
coz during ma previous visit we never cared about time we did it wheven we felt like, and never skipped a day (except when i got periods) and mostly it's more than twice a day.
it's so hard coz we only see each other in every 6-8 months and just for 1 month only :( so it's hard t control i am so lost..we both wan baby so despretly, pray for me <3

thanks a lot for replying :)

so what 'd you say for meterna (i am taking 1/day) no end time i can take as long as i want...ill start clomid next month but started taking materna from 14th april.
I was hoping to have a bundle of joy off first try of clomid. I was not so lucky. My cycle came on the 22nd of April, which is good because my cycle never came on around the same time as last month. I am taking my second round of clomid and hopefully will succeed this time. I am just so upset because I am 27 and 30 will be here before I know it. I am so wishing I have a child soon as possible. I will continue to pray.
I am 31 years old. I have never been able to conceive. I want more than anything in the world to have my own baby. I was put on clomid about 5 years ago but was never successful. I recently started it again. I started 50 in March then again in April and am feeling signs of my period now.. :( Last month I was certain I was pregnant. I gained 6 lbs, had full breasts, felt sick all the time, had mild cramps on my left side and spotted around the time I would have implanted. I spotted for about 8 days then had a one day light period then nothing. I went to the OB just to find out I was not pregnant. Please keep me in your prayers that this time I will be able TC. Thank you all and good luck!
How long have you been trying to concieve (conceive)? I'm 32 and I'm on my second round of clomid 50. Good luck to you...
Im 28, did 2 rounds of clomid 50mg no success. Doc said take a break this month-but not to fear as clomid is a longlasting drug and the same results while on clomid will linger in the body this cycle. Will start 100mg for my May cycle if AF shows. CD3-10 at 100mg to give me a good kickstart again to see if I O intime to catch a eggie. :)  GL and hope your clomid cycle goes well!
What is the easiest way to know if you are ovulating?
(i don't get cramps etc.. i can't tell unless i check down there)...

when should i get my pregnancy test done (i mean if wana do it before my next cycle) coz i won't be with ma husband till then)
I have posted replies to people but have not really told everyone my story yet. So, here it goes:
I recently turned 28. My husband and I have been married since October of 2009 and have been TTC since August of 2010 (so not quite 2 years). I have been diagnosed with PCOS and do not cycle regularly on my own (I maybe get 2 visits from AF a year without intervention). My doctor started me out on metformin and it worked for awhile to regulate my cycle but it eventually quite working. The doc then upped the dosage but all it did was made me incredibly sick. So, off to a specialist I went. He is amazing and kind, even helping me change a tire at my last appointment! I took the first pill of my second round of clomid (days 3-9 at 50mg) this morning. The first round ended with great disappointment as I did not even ovulate (as far as their tests could tell) and AF did not come naturally but had to be progesterone induced.

I am hoping for a baby soon as my DH and I would like a bunch of children but can't seem to conceive the first one. To make matters worse, we recently found out my brother and sister-in-law are expecting at the end of August. I want to be completely happy for them but it is so hard--plus, my mom feels terrible because she knows we've been trying and trying to no avail and they were pretty much pregnant the minute she stopped taking birth control. Oh well, here's to lots of sparkly baby dust for all of us!
Is it pretty common to go up to 100 mg after 2 unsuccessful rounds of 50 mg?
Yes this is very common to increase your dose to 100mg if 50 mg didn't works for you .... I thought 50mg didn't for work me so my dose was up to 100mg for next cycle but luckily i got pregnant in this cycle only... All i can say is JUST HANG IN THERE WITH ALL YOUR SPIRITS UP.
I guess the easiest to know when you are ovulating is to char BBT and using ovulation predictor kits.
If your cycle is pretty regular than testing for pregnancy through HPT  on the day of your missed period is considered ideal but it can come positive few days earlier or may be late. In my case it was 4 days late after my expected period date.
Lots os baby dust.  
Aww thanks hun, yeah i am following BBT chart for this month (just started yesterday morning).
So, I am suppose to have intercourse when the temperature rises...and is it safe to have sex everyday, just so we don't miss a chance...?
your temp rises after ovulation so u would need to have sex in the two days prior to the rise. my dr doesnt recommend sex daily as it reduces sperm content.
Yes i completely agree with sam75...Having sex daily may reduce the count...ideally you should have every other day.
BBT chart helps in knowing if you really ovulated because temp rises after ovulation. But it can be helpful if you have charted for last 2-3 month than you can see the pattern and know when you will be ovulating next cycle.

In my case OPK never showed and my period is never regular so i thought of covering the every possible opportunity because i didn't wanted to miss the cycle just because i couldn't had sex on time. So we did it on CD 10 ,12, 14, 16,18, 21, 23, 25, 27.( I am really really thankful to my husband who co-operated well..lolz )  
I am 34 years old, my husband and I have been married for two years and have been trying since we got married. I have PCOS and irregular periods, and I do not ovulate on my own. I was put on OCP's to start a period, started on 4-16-12, was a heavy cycle. Then I started my first round of Clomid 50mg on 4-20 cycle days 5-9. I just hope and pray this works. Im supposed to take a OPK tonight so Im keeping my fingers crossed. My sister got pregnant on one round of clomid, I just hope and pray this works for me.
Hang in there and we can all pray together this we all can conceive. ;)
We are both in the same boat, even though you are older than I am, we both want the samething. A BABY!!!!!! I hope you accomplish your goal, me and you both.  GOOD LUCK
Thanks a lot. I also pray that all of us women will be able to one day have our own child. Lets keep each other in prayer.

I am on my last day of clomid and for this month I brought a clearblue digital test to determine when I am ovulating because I have no ideal. Hopefully this month will be successful for me.
Hello!! this is my firts time here, Im so desperated for an answer, let see who can help me!
Me and my husband being trying to consieve for a while now, we finally have the chance to try this and im hoping is working.. My husband is in the military, he was deploy for a year, came home in october and left to trainning for 1 month, so finally he is home now so we decide to try IUI cause we being trying before and no luck, I try 3 cycles of just clomid before, No Luck! :( This time we did clomid days 3to 9 , have my ultrasound and i have 4 follicles 2 on my left size 15.11mm & 14.12mm and right size was 13.88mm then few days later went back for another ultrasound, I end up with 2 follicles on my left size 23.36mm & 22.54mm my right size was 17.47mm & 20.08mm, my endo Thickness end up with 11.08, My husband have a 84 sperm count, they give me a trigger shot and the next day I have my IUI. Now Im on the 2 weeks waiting and going crazy to find out if it work, Just wanna know if some one can help me and tell me what is my chances please!! I being praying and being positive, just hoping it works out for us, Im 33 years old and every time I go to the doctor they tell me Im doing ok, but is so frustrated it cause why i cant get pregnact is everything is ok???
ps..so sorry for my spelling, i hope you guys can understand everything i say here, my english is not that good, so i try.. Tks!! :)
Hello!!!  My hubby and I are military too and I am 33 yrs old too!!!  Your odds sound very promising with your sperm count and follicle count.  I have been on this journey for a VERY long time....6 years ago successful with my precious daughter and now on this journey again trying for baby#2.  Where are you guys stationed right now?  We are in TX.  Praying this is your lucky cycle:):)

Super Sticky Baby Dust to you!!!!!!
Hi!! Thanks for reply!! I m just very nervious and this 2 weeks waiting is driving me crazy.."I wanna Know now"" lol,, The doctor say my chances was a 20% to 30% because my age, so im just praying  everything goes well and work out for us. We are station in Fort Drum, NY..  Thank you so much for keep us in your prayers, We would do the same ..Best of Luck to you :)
Pretty sure I posted here before, but I'm 31 and am on my first round of Clomid.  I did 100 mg on CD 5-9 (4/15 - 19).  I normally get a + OPK on CD 18 and got one today!  So we are going to be BDing today - Monday (for good measure :)).  I'm going to cross my fingers.  Would love good juju, prayers, good thoughts, Baby Dust, anything from you all!  Good luck on your journey!  I'm hoping this will be the end of mine!  I already have a 5.5 year old boy, so I am considered secondary infertile...
Did round 1 work for me? No....but im gonna start round3 on monday. Todays CD1 ladies! :)   Excited to get on the higher dosage and praying for a BFP this round. Round1/2 were at 50mg cd 3-7; one off month per docs orders, now Round3 at 100mg for cd3-11...thats right 8 day clomid round!? Crazy! But thats what she does for a living so Im trusting her decision for my situation. Wish us luck!
i hav pcos 4 7half years now been tryin 4 a child 4 3 years now! on day 34 of my cycle but no period hav til take a test da marra! usually hav a period twice a month! clomid wil probably work give it a chance i wil everythin a go til i hav a child dnt let disappointments let u down just keep fightin 4 what u want! i hav cysts on both my ovaries if u got dem on 1 u hav greater chance den me!

hope i helped good luck
Hi all.I am so excited I found a recent thread.everything else is at least a couple of years old.so here's my story; I have been with my husband for 7 years and been married for 5 and a half.pretty much been ttc since then.I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 19 and I'm now 24.I am overweight and knew that I had to loose some weight in order for the dr to help.so sep 2011 I started a diet and have now lost 112 lbs!!!!! So I went to the dr back in dec and she told me to have 3 periods and we would start clomid.I've been taking 1000 mg of metformin and provera every month since dec.I don't have normal cycles and don't ovulate by myself.So this month was my first round of clomid 50 mg cd 3-7 and unfortunately I don't think it worked.I tested cd 9-17 and never got a positive opk.on the plus side I didn't have any side affects.tomorrow i go for my 21 day blood test.She said if I didn't O she would bump me up to 100 mg for next month.So fingers crossed that the next cycle works.sorry for the long story
Oh and ive also been taking prenatal vitamins
i have now been put on metformin im on week 2 of it now, has anyone taken this? i was reading some other forms and people say they got pregnant on it right way?? please help!  
(I agree, a lot of what I read is also from 2003) haha
Glad to see a more RECENT site with so much positive stories and feedback! We have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now and no luck. Have used ovulation kits which clearly indicate i ovulate and did the sperm test for the hubby, had a pelvic exam, had a LEEP procedure done a few weeks ago. Now i'm wondering if clomid will help me or not? i do not have problems ovulating and i'm very regular but i just want to increase my chances if that was an option. I'm 31 and I just want it to happen to me! I'm seeing a fertility doctor who did say fertility drugs were an option, just not sure if it will work, i'm desperate!!! To add to the stress my husband will be travelling a lot for work now and I feel like there are so many issues preventing me from getting preggers!
?Concern? This morning Cd4 I woke up, and with FMU i passed a pretty big blood clot. This was after starting clomid Cd3 at 100mg. Is that normal with an increase of dosage?
I have been taking baby asprin since begining my fertility journey. However, I ran out-and didnt take for a week before AF. Maybe this is why? As my factor5 testing came back with a slight clotting disorder?
I did take a pic of the clots to show to my doctor when I see her next. I need to call and see if I can get a follow up appt. scheduled. Almost feels like why have follow up appointment at this stage. My doc almost sounds like she is done prescribing me clomid-even though she said she'd give me a 6 round try at it. Maybe she knows more than I do....that Im wasting my time. DH says just to keep trying for the next year as planned and let it be from there. I am agreeing that we keep trying for the next year-but after 3 years of actively trying and 2 failed pregnancies....im getting burnt out.
Hi i'm fairly new to this forum have taken first cycle CD5-9 last day on April 16th I bought an OVPK tested negative on CD10,11 then got positive CD12,13 & 14 with a lot of CM.  Hubby & I BD CD10,11,13 & 14 (wonder if should have BD CD16 too as advised by Dr hopefully it shouldn't matter) Anyway over the past week i've had a lot of pregnancy like symptoms, abdominal cramps, breast tenderness, fatigue, eating a lot (I have 3 children from previous marriage).  My AF is now one day late  which NEVER happens usually I am a day or two early but I dont want to get my hopes up as this may be the side effects from the Clomid.  I've contacted my Dr for advice he suggested to wait a week for my AF if not take a HPT because I shouldnt start cycle 2 until I do cos if pregnant could miscarry. I know there has been a few lucky baby dust stories on here who have managed to conceive on Clomid (CONGRATS NSINGH & others).  I am anxious want to take the HPT over the weekend!....my questions are 1) Is AF usually late & can you have such strong pregnancy symptoms on Clomid 2) How soon has any1 taken HPT with a positive result? 3) Has any1 taken another cycle of Clomid after negative HPT but without seeing their AF?...anymore advice would be appreciated...Hubby & I have been trying for a year, I just have a small cyst mm size on uterus but Dr says nothing to worry about. I am now on CD26 should be taking my 2nd cycle on CD30
Hello ladies, just want everyone to know that I finish my second round of clomid on the 26th of April. This time I bought an ovulation kit to determine when I will ovulate. Me and my husband are hoping for some good news as soon as possible. I was hoping to concieve (conceive) the first round of clomid which the doctor had me on day 5-9. But this time I was on day 1-5. If this normal for me to switch days like this?

I just hope we concieve (conceive) a child!!! I will keep you ladies updated
hi ladies i am starting my first cycle of clomid today  of 150 mg with a scheduled IUI to be done. I can't wait and am very exciting. The last time i did clomid was back in 2007-2008. I am wishing for a positive result.

I have PCOS and a left tube removed.

My DH has 60% abnormal sperm and 40% good. but doctor didn't seem to worried.
Thanks honey ... Wish you all the very best.
In my opinion you should never start your next round of clomid without seeing you AF.Please consult your doctor before doing that.
Good luck to you.. and lots to sticky baby dust. :)
I know how you feel! I too am glad to finally find a live post that's not outdated. Your blessed with one which is blessing and baby #2 will be on its way in due time. I'm on my first cycle of clomid (5-9) with monitoring and want to be a first month clomid success story as well. Baby dust to us both!
Hello Ladys!! A litle up date on my tww!! sence the day of my iui i being hurting so bad onto day 8piui, then i start felling bloded, sleepy, super hungry and wee a lot. Today is my 13 day after iui and being super tire, hungry etc.. i cheet and took a pregnacy test on thursday and came out a very faint positive line.I was crying  histerical, so confuse at the same time, what is this?YES?? NO?? omg was going crazy, then i took another one on friday and the same story on to today, i took another one this morning and came out still faint positive but a tiny darker,,so tomm is hy HCG test and the other test so we see what happend, im so praying for this to be positive, I know God have so much to gift to all of us..Ill let u know ladys how it went, wish me good luck tomm,Im a nerve rack now..lol..

Lots of sticky baby dust to all of you :)
Hi thanks for your reply..I agree but got an update: since I last posted I had spotting pink/brown CM which lasted for one day (wonder if implantation)? still no "normal" AF.  I also have slight cramps, sore breasts and backache.  I was anxious so took a HPT today (not clearblue one with the pink lines)...it came up faint, hoping that means positive!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I will wait & test again with a clearblue hope I get a BFP (that would be awesome for my first cycle) I bet you have morning sickness & fatigue now? lol LOTS OF WONDERFUL BABYDUST TO EVERYONE!
wow you seem to be in a similar situation as me good luck hope we get the BFP we want :)
Hey congrats to both of you .. i am sure its a perfect positive...Take all possible care. ;)
My boobs are little tender ,having backache and fatigue.
Sticky babydust to everybody.
Hi there,

Am onto cycle 4 after taking a break like you. A little frustrated but keeping the positive vibes as much as possible. It will happen. We will get the positive tests and we will have healthy babies in Jesus Name!

Hi, I did not have my first and only child until age 31. We tried for 2.5 years. My OB/GYN schduled a consult with a fertility specialist and I cancelled it because I was unsure about the cost. Two months later, I was pregnant. After the birth of my child, I suffered from severe PPD. It wasn't until two years ago that we decided to try again. Thus far, nothing. I have been on Clomid for 8 months, using a fertility monitor. I have had two episodes of missed cycles (experiencing one now) with every possible symptom of pregnancy. I am waiting on my lab results tomorrow. I do not have my hopes up and will likely be given an injection to start my cycle. I am very depressed because I want another child. However, if it in not to be, at least I, we, were blessed with one child. Chin up and I will try too!
8 months and nothing. Also, I take Glyburide to help regulate my cycles.
I did.
I am new to this forum. i am 28 years old have had 7 miscarriages but have two beautiful children. We have been trying now for two years for another baby but have just had a lot of heartache. I was just put on my first round of clomid 100mg CD 3-7. The side affects aren't to bad besides the hot flashes.
I was skeptical about Clomid at first but it does work, maybe not straight away for everyone, but I was lucky to get BFP on first cycle (I had it confirmed yesterday at the clinic) I know it's hard but don't give up ladies!
Hello ladies...well i got a bfn last month and i started 5 days late sonow im scared that it wont work this month either because i just finished my second round of clomid 100mg and i havent had any side effects this month yet. So what do i do. Im thinking of taking two 100mg next month so that im taking 200mg a day for next month but im not sure. Has anyone ever had no side effects and still got their bfp. And what do you ladies think of taking 200mg next month. Please let me know. Im scared and worried so should i take 200mg next month. Anyone please. Thanks i wish you all lots of luck and baby dust for you ladies this month to get your bfp. Please do the same for me. Thanks
Ive been trying for 8 years now and im starting to give up hope. Im almost 33 and no other baby yet. I hope this clomid works. Wish me luck. If it doesnt work this month then im going to take 200mg next month. Good luck ladies
Congrats on your bfp....your giving all of us hope that it will happen for the rest of us...thanks for being my hope...congrats
The only side effect I have had is hot flashes but nothing to horrible.Don't give up hope. This is a very trying time and I hope you get your bfp soon that you want.
Hey girlie! Yeah round 3 done here. I have my midcycle scan on friday. Im hoping to hear "wow you have 3+ great follicles!" that would be great. I really am hoping this round is it. DH and I are trying our best to make it happen. Guess thats all we can do.  I'll be back Friday with an update on how my scan went.
GL on your round, ttys! :)
Hello Ladies, its the samething but different days. I finish my second round of clomid on the 26 of April and also use the clearblue digital ovulation kit so I can determine when I ovulate. I did ovulate on the 5th and the 6th. I also have a lot of white discharge in my underewear on the 9th. (Anyone know what that means?) I hope I was not ovulating. Me and my husband are wishing this month for a bady. I will keep you ladies posted. Please someone response to my question.
pumpkin2003- white CM could be an increase of hormones from pregnancy. GL

All my other friends that have been following me here on medhelp: My midcycle scan was today. I have 2 good follicles. The doc said she wanted me to take the HCG trigger shot, however the VA doesnt have it at the hospital. So to get it from an outside source was 195!! Crazy!! DH said, ummm lets pass on that this month and see what happens. So Im leaving it up to my body to O' naturally-we hope.
DH will be doing his semen analysis on the 23rd. We'll see how he is doing and hopefully rule him out. Praying for good swimmers so we have one less wrench in the works.
Next cycle we'll possibly be moving onto metformin. Doc ordered clomid for next cycle to be mailed to me. And then go on metformin from there on, she said until I get preg.
Plan for now is to get back on my diet, lose weight, work out 3 times a week like i did before- so i'll be super healthy, at my ideal weight and PRAYING for a BFP after/during all that hard work!
Thats my update ladies! :)   Wish us luck, and GL to you as always!
Thank you! I'm lucky just keeping my fingers crossed for the nxt 2mnths to be clear from miscarrying.......Good Luck to you and the rest of the ladies!
Wishing you lots and lots of baby dust!

Anybody any suggestions on how often and which days to BD after finishing clomid course?
GREAT NEWS today... BFP!  First round of Clomid was April 15-19 (CD 5-9) @ 100 mg.  Have been exhausted and nauseous, but the BFP is worth it. According to fertility friend.com my due date is Jan 16. I'll BR calling my dr on Monday morning!!! Baby dust to all!!! :-)
ANYONE ABOUT TO START THERE FIRST ROUND OF CLOMID
CONGRATS! It worked first time too - my edd is mid Jan just like you!!..i've been exhausted with sore breasts - i guess you'll be doing your pregnancy blood test on Monday? I have to do my pre-natal blood test next week :)....yet another success story this is awesome, stick in there everyone!!
Wanted to send a special hug to my fellow mother of angels today. Praying for peace and serenity for y'all.
I got my +OPK and so the BDing has been great. DH is going for his analysis ont he 23rd. Praying we have a BFP soon.
Currently on round 3 of clomid at 100mg this time. Onto round 4 if a bfn comes; also may go on metformin aswell.
Baby dust to us all and congrats to the new BFPs.
Thanks so much for responding to my post. I hope you get some good results with having to pay the 195 for the HCG shot. That is to much. Sometime we just have to pray and put things in the Lord hand. I hope we both accomplish our goal, which is our bundle of joy.
congratulation, I am so happy for you!!!! I will be glad when I can post my due date. Once again Congratulation and Good Luck.
hi this is my first time doing this. my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for about 3 yrs now and no such luck. he had a semen  analysis(sry spling) done on 4/13/12 and found out he has 21% normal and 79% abnormal and i've not been ovulating so dr put me on 10mg of provera today to kick start AF and then taking 50mg of chlomid on CD 2-6. hoping this works. i have a 7 yr. old frm a previous marriage and we're trying to concieve (conceive) one together. i'll let y'all know how things turn out. gl to all!!!
I will be starting my first cycle next week (expecting to have my periods on 17th or 18th) i have 28 days cycle and this is gona be ma first time with clomid and my doctor priscribed (prescribed) me 100mg/day from day 3-7.
My husband is in overseas and we only see each other once a year for atleast a month and half. This year i am going to meet him on 27th may and we will be togather till july 3rd so doctor said i have 2 chances to conceive, lets see how it goes...
it's not been so long for us to ttc it;s just we wish to have baby/babies as soon as possible. we have been married for 9 months now and stayed with each other for 3 months, i had to come back to canada for ma studies and he has his job and family business to take care offfff :(

how long have you been trying???
Well I am back. The miscarriage is over and after waiting for about 31 days after the miscarriage I finally had a visit from AF! This will be the only time I think in my life I can't wait to hurry up and get my period! Now I'm on day CD8 and I'm going to try with out the Clomid this month and if nothing happens, I have my 3rd Dosage waiting for me next month. It's been a roller coaster ride since I got that first BFP but I am ready to try again and excited to be pregnant again.

How have you been???
Thank you!  I go in for my first appt on June 4, which drives me nuts, but I get why it's "so far out".  According to my last AF, I should be due on Jan 16.  We will see...  I've done my blood tests and they'll have those for me at my first appt.  I've been uber exhausted and pretty nauseous.  Just recently I've also gotten breast tenderness.  It's weird b/c I didn't have any symptoms with my first one 6 years ago.  Oh well.  Keep me posted on your appt!  :)
hi.... Glad you are doing fine.
I got BFP on my first cycle too.. i am on progesterone supplements and so far things look good.Right now i am 9w3d.Scared and praying...
Sending you lots of baby dust... hope you get your BFP soon.
Im sorry to hear you had a m/c. I hope your body gets back to normal soon and TTC goes smoothly for y'all.
My personal experience with m/c made me feel like the "innocence" of pregnancy was taken from me. I feel a constant "worry" now instead of peace when it comes to pregnancy. After my first m/c at 15weeks-I was like OK AF, go away were ready to try again NOW!!! Months went by and i lost hope. 1 year to the date of my m/c I got a BFP- with our twins, but m/c that pregnancy at 9weeks. We have been trying again, but after that m/c I went through a few months of "no way!" thinking about TTC, tried to re-enlist in the military but decided I couldnt handle being away from the child I do have because of the children I didnt have. (if that makes sense) SOOO after moving-I really got into "fix me please" mode with my new doc and here I am round3 of clomid. I still get sad over our loss' but I have a new found hope-and outlook on our family situation. I hope my story is not one of negativity or sadness; but rather a glimer of hope-and know that your not alone on the rollercoaster. Message me if you ever want to vent privately :)  

Everyone else- How are y'all doing? Im planning on testing the 23rd....anxious. Really getting burned out on meds' and "trying" just want to get what i want already....lol.....wish it worked that way, I want!!! ::Poof:: there you go!    :)
Babydust and hugs to everyone
I just went back and read some old posts, and I see that you got your first BFP and you are pregnant!! Congrats!! I am super excited for you!! How far along are you? When is your due date?
Thanks for your story, it does give me hope! At first I was so sad and I didn't think that I was ever going to want to try again but it's been about a month since the miscarriage and I want to try again, I just hope that it works as fast as it did before! I was only on my second month of clomid and I got a BFP, so I am hoping that I have the same luck again. This month we are trying without any meds and I am still hopefull, Its just such a long waiting process and I am not a very paitent person. Good luck to you also. I want to send sticky baby dust to everyone!!
Hi ladies,
       I need help, I got my periods on 16th may and i get them for about 4-5 days....i am priscribed (prescribed) to take clomid 100mg/day for 5 days i means 3-7 so today i mean 18th may is the 3rd day....am I suppose to take it in the morning or anytime?
and what can I expect to have intercourse? (i will be seeing ma hubby on 28th).
HI HOW R U.........I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR 2 YRS......NO LUCK......I GET MY PERIOD EVERY MONTH BUT MOST TIME ITS IRREGULAR, LIKE TWICE IN A MONTH FOR MORE THAN 8 DAYS.......YEAH THAT *****.........MY GYN CAN'T FIND OUT Y IM BLEEDING LIKE THAT, EVERY TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE.........TODAY I WENT TO THE DR AND FOUND OUT THAT I HAVENT BEEN OVULATING AT ALL, HE HAD PRESCRIBED ME CLOMID 50MG TO START CD 3-7 ON MY NEXT CYCLE, BUT I STARTED BLEEDING YESTERDAY, SO WHEN I WENT TO SEE HIM TODAY HE CHANGED THE DOSAGE TO 100MG ON CD 3-7.......SO I START TAKING IT TOMORROW 5/18/12..........IT REALLY NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO........
Aww i feel ya dear. I started my clomid 100/mg 3-7 today and as i said i am regular and never had any issue. me n ma hubby were togather physically for 2 months and nothing happened (i know it wasn't a long time) but again end of this month we are meeting up and i ill stay with him till july 6th...
let's see please pray for me...
I do ovulate and i have regular periods that come in every 28 days it's just we both are so concious to have a baby...i know i get pregnent it'd be very hard for both of us to wait for 9 months i know...but i wish you have a baby soon...and clomid work for you, may GOD help all of us,amen!
don't be disheart, ma fried's sister in law was told she can never concieve (conceive) and they have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 14 years and when she was totoally disoppinted and had no success then a miracle happened and day before yesterday she found out she's pregnent with twin girls :)

wish for the best girl...and don't lose hope...they might be delay but don't ever think it won't happen---- cheer up :)
I PRAY FOR YOU MY DEAR THAT THIS MONTH IS YOUR LUCKY MONTH.........IM ON MY SECOND DAY OF CLOMID, NO SIDE EFFECTS.......IM HAPPY ABOUT THAT......IM SO EXCITED, IM ONE STEP CLOSER TO ACHIEVING MY GOAL.......IM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR FRIENDS SISTER IN LAW, THAT GIVES ME MORE HOPE......
******WHAT CD DO U START TESTING FOR OVULATION*****IM GONNA BE USING ***PRE-SEED*** LUBRICANT BECAUSE I READ THAT CLOMID CAN MAKE YOU REALLY DRY AND ITS FERTILITY FRIENDLY......I EVEN READ THAT IT MAKES A LOT OF WOMEN CONCEIVE......I FEEL LIKE TRYING TO MAKE A BABY IS A FULL TIME JOB.....LOL.......CAUSE WE'VE BEEN WORKING SO HARD AT IT.......BABY DUST TO ALL US
Yes, I am starting it on Tuesday May 22nd...very nervous!
Hi dear,
          I finished my day 3 today may 20th- and have 2 more days to go- no side effects so far....i am hoping everything goes well.

No, hun I am so affraid of chemicles and new medicines...
Plus, I will be overseas so who knows if i get any reaction- 'd i be having any best medicle assistance there or not...so i am not taking anything else.
My doctor's from middle east and he said if some how i am dry then i should go for olive oil because it's one of the oldest and the best solution for dry skin-u can drink it, eat it or apply it :)
His wife's dermotologist she said it's good for wrinkles, age spots etc... LOL (i have started anyother girly topic here) lol yeah so the only thing that i am taking is materna vitamin tablets-1/day-for as long as I want.
now, let's see :)

oh i have a question...my periods started on 16th-i get them for 4-5 days...i took clomid on day 3-and may 21 is the last day of periods but on may 20th i didn't have any spots etc...so which means i only got ma periods for 4 days this time...is it normal if i am taking clomid???
Don't be nervous, you will be fine hun...
just keep healthy diet for atleast 1-2 weeks (my doctor said if you are undearweight or over weight then it can effect on concieving).
Take vitamins...juices, fruites do some exercise or just 20 minutes normal walk. think happy and be positive...life doesn't end here.
I know we all wish to have babies at our desired age but we can't fight-we can pray for each other and may God listen to our wishes closely,amin!

just remember be positive and everything will go well :)
Good luck hun :)
I'm on clomid for the first round 5-9 I ovulate on my own day 32-35, but been ttc for 3 yrs with no lucky so dr put me on clomid which I started on 5/5/12 and finished on 09/05/12 I started using okps clearblue digital on the 12/05/12 and got a positive smiley face I dont have poly cystic syndrome.
and the samething happened again on 13,14,15,16,17 and 18 been getting a opk positive and been feeling very bloated and cramping for one week and still feeling the pain is this normal? or there is somthing wrong with me I have not done pg test as it is to early? I will appriciate any respond thank you
hey........im taking my last dosage on may 22......the only side effect that i kinda noticed is hot flashes here and there, i cant wait to test for ovulation......i start testing on CD10..........
HI HUN.........my last day of clomid is 05/22, ive had hot flashes here and there, you and  i r like a day apart on clomid..........i pray that both of us never see AF til the next 9 mths........woo hoo ****baby dust***** to all of us.......
aww you are too cute :)
your last sentence made ma night---i feel so happy just to think of it ehh.
Yeah, lots of buby dust to you too...and i really wana see what we both end up...keep in touch...and i will pray for ya :)
I am flying on 27th may so lets see...
when are you gona take your pregnancy test?

Good Luck :)
Nice to meet you! I wish you luck this month!! I am trying this month also. But I had a miscarriage last month after I got a BFP on round 2 of clomid, so I am taking a month off of the clomid and if we can't do it on our own this month, I will take my 3rd dose of clomid next month (in June)! Keep us updated on how things are going for you  :)
i am so happy i run into this community....i finally found someone to talk too......i have just started on my first cycle on clomid ( day 2) no real side effects yet.my husband and i have been trying for  2 yrs now but no luck yet.  my doc says  hyperpolactin and treated me. my blood  results came back and my doc took my the meds. i would have a cycle every month but with no ovulation. now am hoping that clomid works for us.
hey, i'm having the same problem as u, ive been trying for 2 yrs to get prego no luck, i have a cycle every month but no ovulation, so my gyn put me on clomid, i just finished my first round of clomid today 05/22. I started testing for ovulation on CD10........
IM GONNA BE TESTING ON  FOR PREGNANCY 13DPO, I PRAYING THAT I DO OVULATE. I START TESTING FOR OVULATION ON 05/25........SO I LET U KNOW.........HAVE A SAVE FLIGHT HUN, AND GOD BE WITH U.........
Awww thanks hun :)
                          I have about 4 more days to see my hubby after a 14 hours direct flight.
My doc said you will see your hubby exactly 10 days after your first day of periods, so that's somewhat an average time for ovulation and he didn't stop me from doing anything i mean no food/diet control etc... he didn't even say for how many times we should make love or we should keep one day's gap in between next intercourse...so i am just gona try pretty much every day, but on day9-16 i will skip and have intercourse in every 2nd day.

Take care and best of luck, i hope this month's the bestest one for everyone...may God be with you and give you a very good news this month!

take care hun :)
Hey lady.  So sorry about your MC last month... I had one a while back and I was pretty devastated.  So I'm pretty paranoid about this one.  According to my records I am at 6 weeks today.  I have my appt on 6/4 and will keep y'all posted!  :)  Good luck to you.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had a miscarriage due to a tubal pregnancy. I was seven weeks and five days. It would have been me and my husband first child. We have been together nine years. I only have one tube which is my left. The doctor prescribe me clomid 50mg and I will be on round three in the next two days. I hope I concieve (conceive), but it will be a little harder since I only have one tube. I wish you and your husband the best of luck.
Were you on Clomid the first time you got pregnant? How long did it take you to get pregnant again? I am taking this month off and then going to start my 3rd cycle of clomid after my next cycle if I don't get a BFP this month. Thanks I am excited for you!! Good luck :)
Thanks so much! I'm sorry that you had to deal with a tubal pregnancy. I was very scard mine was going to end up that way too, but I think I just read too much and it was in my head! I hope that this is your month and I hope I am right behind you this month or next! I am not a very paitient person, so I hate waiting. Right now I am on CD16 and I have been testing with OPK tests twice a day waiting for a positive so my DH and I can start BDing! It's hard though because my DH has been back to work now for 2 months and is really tired from working outside 10-11 hours! Keep us updated!!
My husband and I have been trying for about 2.5 years now with no luck until I was on my 2nd cycle of clomid, but at 7 weeks pregnant it ended in a miscarriage. I am just thankful that it worked and it gives me hope for the future again. I am not going to give up! We really want a baby even if we can only have one! Good luck to you! I am testing for ovulation right now I am on CD16 and the few months I did not use clomid I would get a positive on CD17 or CD18 - then when I was on clomid I would get a positive on CD13 or CD14 so it did change a bit with the clomid, but I think that meant it was working!!!
I hope this month is my month. Tommorrow I will start my third round of clomid day 5-9. I hope to have a baby soon as possible, mainly because my husband want a child very badly. I also want a baby as well, but he want one more than I do. lol:). I will go back to the doctor on June 11 for update and probably an increase on clomid.

I will like to ask a question? ANYONE CAN ANSWER.

my cycle came on the 21st of May and went off on the 23rd. was very very light. just a few hours ago it is back a little normal, but trying to go off again. Did you or anyone experience this problem and what could this mean. Im thinking the clomid is playing a part of this, but I can say I can determine when my cycle is going to come on because clomid is making it seems regular, it come on around the 20th and 21st for the past three month. I continue to keep you and the others updated. Please also keep me updated. We all want our bundle of joy!!!!!
Hello again ladies- I have the results from DH's SA. They are not good numbers by any means.  The average sperm count is 20mil, he has about 4mil, 43% motility, 3% normal sperm. This explains great deal why we've had such bad luck. Not just working on perfect timing but also great luck at getting a swimmer through. We are going to continue to "try" its happend 2 pregnancys before but ending in m/c. So we'll continue to try, DH is going to go on meds, and we'll see what the next step is. Praying to get his numbers up or take another approach at this.
So I'm on CD14 been testing for ovulation since CD9........no luck yet......I'm so freaking out that 100mg of clomid didnt work for me on my first try......I have read that clomid can make u ovulate really late.......but i just want to see a OPK+............even if no baby this month......I just want to Ovulate cause i havent been for months even tho i see a period every month........
Did you ovulate regularly prior to taking Clomid?  I ovulated regularly and my OPK was + on CD 18.  Once I was on Clomid I received + OPK on CD17.  So for me, it was slightly earlier.  However, I have heard that it can delay ovulation.  I have a friend who ovulated on Clomid on CD 21... Don't give up yet!  Keep the faith!  SSBD.
The first time I got pregnant I was 26 and on BC.  It just happened.  This time we just couldn't get our act together.  I have 1 tube and ovary and we got pregnant on round 1.  I am VERY wary of this pregnancy b/c it seems like everyone on this forum has a MC and that's very scary.  I won't let my husband tell anyone.  I will be 7 weeks on Wednesday and we have our first appt on Monday.  I'm super excited, yet super scared.  Good luck this cycle!  Make sure you keep me posted.  I'll post again on Monday after my appt... SSBD to you!!! :)
way to GO!! You gave me a little encouargement because I also have one tube, due to a tubal pregnancy. I am on round three but I am so wishing to have a baby soon as possible. It has been little over a year since my tubal pregnacy. Today was the last day for round three of clomid and I will go to the doctor on June 11th for something. I am not sure, but I will keep everyone posted.
hi....can anyone help me.....i just complete my first cycle on clomid.....25/05/12 and i had no side effects while taking the pills....yesterday 28/5/12 i had fever, headaches, vomiting  all day.....any clues.
just completed the cycle, but now am not sure what is happen.....headaches fever  vomiting  not really sure
we just cannot give up...lets keep praying..
i see a period every month, sometimes its like 2 weeks apart and last for up to 11 days sometimes, my gyn did all the test to see y im having irregular bleeding, every thing came back negative, except my left tube seem to be closed and i have a small cyst on my right ovary he said that is nothing to worry about bcause it really small, and also my uterus is tipped backwards, he came to the conclusion that i havent been ovulating....
THE DAY AFTER MY LAST PILL I HAD HOT FLASHES , MY BOOBS HURT LIKE I JUST STARTED BREAST FEEDING, IM ON CD 14 AND MY OPK IS STILL NEGATIVE, I HAVE BEEN FEELING LIGHT CRAMPS NOW AND THEN BUT STILL NO POSITIVE OPK.......
hi everyone, i had a miscarriage april 14th after 5weeks i saw my period which was normal, as per ovulation calculator my ovulation shd start 29th may i was adviced 2 start taking clomid and vitamin E, pls can i still have sex while using  d clomid & will my ovulation be shifted forward? pls i really need ans
I'm routing for you!  :)  I think that as long as we keep a positive attitude and open communications with our partners and drs things will work out the way they are supposed to.  I will definitely be praying for you and your upcoming appt!  What dosage of Clomid are you on?  I took 100 mg CD 5-9, but as mentioned before, I was regularly ovulating... I'm super anxious about my appt.  I read and research too much, and of course most things are negative, so I'm really nervous about this pregnancy.  I am hoping I will feel better when I hear the heartbeat.  :)
Without Clomid I ovulate on CD17 or CD18, but on Clomid I ovulated on CD13 and CD14 so for me it was early?? Good luck! Keep us updated :)
Thanks for the good luck! Currently I am on CD23 I am taking my waking temp  every day, because if I make it to 18 high days I will start to test. I hate this waiting game. I'm so excited for you. Good luck at your appointment!
I agree! We cannot give up. At first after my MC I was just so sad, I thought I could never go through this again, but we really want a baby, so I think I can do it again...I just hope that it works out this time! For both of us!!
Thanks  a lot, I am currently taking 50mg and I just finsh my third dosage. I go to the doctor on the 11th of June and I will make sure I keep every one updated.
Hi Islanddiva (love the name)

I tested with clearblue OVPKT from CD10 but never got my + until CD12 13 & 14.  I was probably the same as you having AF for a long time but not ovulating but clomid should help dont give up! My obs/gyn said it's an effective drug and pushes out loads of eggs for ovulation (went for pre-natal appt he said 4 ladies conceived recently on clomid)!!

Sorry to hear of your MC but glad you've kept your spirits up and ttc again, lots of baby dust to you and everyone else trying

Hope you are well, you said to keep you posted of my first pre-natal appt I went on Tuesday it was very informative got my first ultrasound in 2wks (my edd is only few days earlier than yours)!  Cant wait to know if twins and hear baby's heartbeat.  Glad you've conceived with 1 tube and ovary dont say you'll MC, be positive we're more than half way there ;-)  Hubby & i havent told hardly anyone either (only 2 close friends/family) we'll encourage each other because sometimes I feel I'll MC too but GL with your upcoming appt keep us all posted & magical BD to everyone!
I was using equate OPK from CD10 but never saw a line then until CD15 but it still wasnt dark enough for a positive, so i figured i was pretty close, today is CD16 and i used Answer OPK and im sure its a positive, its as dark as the control line........whooooo hoooooo........i'm glad to see that and i am also feeling menstural like cramps so yep im ovulating........im so excited, im one step closer to achieving my goal, so for the next few days hubby and i will be playing the hanky panky....lol........wish me luck hun..........
u said that u love my name.........thanks hun......
Good for you, start doing the hanky panky for as long as you and hubby can lol wish you lots of luck!
This is my first time here I am suppose to start Clomid 50 mg on Sunday. I had a tubual reversal on Feburary the 15th of this year. I ovulate every other month so MD thinks this is the next step in our journey. Any advise prayers or well wishes would be greatly appreciated
welcome to the forum........gud luck and lots of baby dust this month......
Hi everyone, I am new here also.  I am 34 and my husband is 42.  We have been trying to get pregnant for nearly a year and my fertility checks show I have not been ovulating.  My husband is having his semen analysis this week.  I am expecting to start Clomid next month.  Fingers crossed this works - it seems everyone is getting pregnant at the drop of a hat around me at the moment and it is really hard for us.  Baby dust to everyone.
I'M NEW TO THIS POSTING AND I WANTED TO SHARE MY STORY. I HAVE A 5 YR OLD WHICH I CONCIEVED NATURALLY AFTER ALMOST 2YRS. I BEEN UNABLE TO GET PRRGNANT EVERY SINCE. WAS DX WITH PCOS. DR HAD ME TAKE METFORMIN 500MG 2X DAY. WITH EXERCISE AND EATING WELL I LOST 45LBS. I BELIEVE WITH THE MED AND WEIGHT LOSS MY PERIODS STARTED TO COME REGULAR. I O ON MY OWN LAST MONTH SO MY RX RX CLOMID AND I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST ROUND OF CLOMID 100MG ON 05/30/12. I WENT FOR MY CD12 U/S I HAD 2 FOLLICLES ON LEFT BOTH 15MM AND 2 ON RIGHT 12, 10MM. BEEN USING FERTILITY MONITOR. HOPEFULLY IT TAKES AS I DIDNT GET PREGGER LAST MONTH. CONGRATS TO ALL THOSE WHO DID CONCIEVE (conceive) AD BABY DUST TO THOSE WHO ARE TRYING.
JUST AN UPDATE.........on CD15 i started seeing a second line on OPK pack but it still wasnt dark enough my temp was 97.8, on CD16 OPK 2nd line got really dark and my temp was 98.3......on CD 17 OPK still positive my temp rose to 98.9, i have menstural like cramps.......on CD 18 OPK still positive my temp dropped to 97.5 still having crampy in my lower abdomen........TODAY is CD19 and OPK is still positive, my lower abdomen is still crampy........and feeling a bit heavy..............i have never felt like this before.......maybe because i havent been ovulating for yrs.......and now i have or is a bun in the oven........i hope this is it..........WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ..........baby dust to all u ladies..............
im happy to have found such an informative site bout Clomid, Wishing Us All the Best and Keep Praying.
Okay this is my story, i am 24 and my Fiance is 26 yrs old,we have been together 10yrs. I have been off the Pill since July 2008 i have NEVER had regular periods so went to c a Gaene in Feb this year he told me im not ovulating, and because i dont have regular periods also, he will prescribe me Provera to get a period then Clomid on day 3-7 of my Menstrual Cyle, so i took 50mg clomid first month didnt ovulate upped dose to 100mg next month got severe cramping (couldnt walk) so my gaenae told me to stop taking it im assuming it didnt work that month, i went back he gave me anoder prescribtion 100mg i have to go check on the 18th June to c if i have ovulated, if it doesnt work this time my gaenae says he'l refer me to Fertility Specialist. Im Very Hopeful and Praying Hard and Thanx for All your updates successfull Stories.
Hi.  Had my first appt today.  I am 7w5d, just as I thought... I am measuring 7w3d.  Dr said everything looks great.  However, baby and placenta have made their right by my cervix.  So no hanky panky for hubby and I until after the next ultrasound at my next appt!  4 weeks!!!  Eek!  I had the same thing with my placenta with my son... it didn't move out of the way until around 20ish weeks, so hopefully it's the same thing here.  Was great to see and hear the baby's heartbeat.  :)  Ready for my next appt and US.  :)  Oh, and I am also HAPPY to report that it's just ONE baby and NOT twins.  I was really nervous!  LOL
So i started taking provera 10 mg for 10 days  5/15  and got AF on 6/1. started clomid 50mg 6/2 (cd 2-6) and i take my last one tomorrow 6/6.  doc said to start taking OPK on cd12 but i think i'm going to start the day after AF as i bought the 20 day kit. i'm hoping all goes well. i'm glad that i'm not the only one having difficulties ttc because it feels like the weight of the world is on ur shoulders when every1 around is pg and i'm not. i'm greatfull for my 7 yr old son so i'm hoping to give hime a little sibling. gl to all you ladies and LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL!
Just thought I would post my story of clomid and shed a bit of hope for you ladies. I got pregnant with my first child with no problems first month right away, never had to take anything. 2 years later tried again and couldnt get pregnant for a year so I was put on clomid. I took the clomid for 4 cycles and all I got was horrible pain. I decided to get off the clomid the following month well before I could I was pregnant. Plus side I was pregnant with TWINS! The clomid does work just time and patiece. I now have twins who will be 4 on june 20th and an 8 year old.

I have now started clomid again and I think I just finished ovulating not completely sure cause I am still experencing pain! Wish everyone luck
wow u just gave me hope. I can Feel it this is my month, and if it doesnt happen this month i will try again, its very sad to be struggling like this for a baby but i know Good Things Come to those who wait. Prayers to All:)
Just an update. No clomid this month. Today is CD29. I am praying that i don't see AF this month and this is it (yet again) if not, I have my 3rd dose of clomid waiting....
Hello everyone. I am just letting you ladies know that I am waiting for Monday to go to my doctor appointment for a three month check up, not pregnant, but really wishing I was. It is stressful, but I try not to think about it. I am currently on CD17. I will keep you ladies posted.
hey i no this feed is a old one but how did you get on with the clomid. im on my first cycle of clomid 50mg and like you im really scared.i dont no what to expect. ive got my scan next monday to see if it has worked but i dont no how long after taking it you are most likely to conceive if you have any info i would be really greatful
Hi Shmeegan.  This feed is actually up to date and still alive, so you've stumbled upon something great!  Everyone's experiences on Clomid are different, so it's hard to say what to expect.  But your dr should have told you about the possible side effects (and I'm sure you read up on it!).  I was pretty lucky and didn't really have any side effects.  I had hot flashes, but that's kind of normal for me, so I didn't really consider that a side effect.  Some women never get pregnant off of Clomid, and some women have great success.  I would just suggest doing a little bit of research and hanging in there.  Were you having a regular AF and ovulating on your own?  What's your back story, if you don't mind sharing.  The reason for taking Clomid can also be some sort of indicator (but not a very reliable one).  I ended up being lucky and and conceived on my first round of Clomid.  However, I had AF regularly and always ovulated, but we'd been trying for a VERY long time (my son is almost 6) and hadn't gotten pregnant again.  I also only have 1 tube, so we decided to try it.  I didn't have any sort of testing with it... no scans, no progesterone tests, nothing.  But tehn there are many out there who have scans and tests and whatnot.  Just keep your chin up.  And the ladies on this post are great support.  :)  Good luck!!!
thank you for you help. im really pleased for you that you got your little boy thingers crossed that you will be a mum again soon. my back ground story me and my boyfriend have been trying for a year and half now and not become pregnant. my periods werent regular when i came off the pill i was one day late then it increased each month up to 3.5 weeks late which i really thougth i was pregnant, but unfortatly not. i had blood test done i had low progesterone and had a second lot done but havent had results, as got put on clomid. also have had hsg done tubes are all clear, which was such a relief. this is the first cycle of clomid for me just hope that it works but im not getting my hopes up just dont want to get upset if it a bfn at the end of the month. this site has been really helpful nice to tlk to people in same situation as i dont feel alone and just feel like nobody understands wht u go through. but i no its early days but hopeful be some good news for everyone soon
metrofomin i think stops pcos from rogressing whil trying to concieve (conceive) so gives you a better chance
hey i have a small cyst to had a hsg done tubes are all clear ive been put on clomid 50mg this is my first cycle, how did you get on with the clomid if you dont mind me asking,
hope that you doctors appointment goes ok i have got my appoinment on june 11th aswell but mine is to check if the clomid (my first cycle) has worked, just hope there is some good news or all of us
hey im newish on here to really helps talking to people that are going through the same situation. i also started my first cycle of clomid on 2nd june and have got a appointment monday to check that everything ok. really scared about the whole thing
just an update...................so i went to my ob/gyn today and to see if i ovulated and he told me that i dont have enough CM that showed that i ovulated, i took clomid 100mg on CD3-7 then on CD10 i started testing for ovulation i got a negative until CD16, dr told me that when u take clomid you should ovulate on CD14, i have read that clomid can dry up CM and that it make some women ovulate really late, my last 2 cycles were 22days and and i wasnt ovulating, today im on CD23................but how can i get a positive on a 2 different brand of ovulation pack and not ovulate,
..................When leaving the DR office he wrote me a script for clomid 150mg and said that just in case AF shows up take it on CD3-7........its like he dosent know what he is doing, maybe i should go see a RE like my hubby told me to............
..................for the past 3 days ive been feeling really crampy more like i want to pee and now and the sharp pain like AF is coming..........and there is some form of pressure............ sometimes im sick to my stomach............hopefully this is it for hubby and i and not my mind playing games on me...................BABY DUST TO ALL YOU LADIES........
update: I just got my first opk+, actually I used a first response and got a yes+, and I have a clear blue easy fertility monitor got a full bar with egg. so I'm pretty sure I had my surge  today. been BD eod. having some cramping today unsure if that is normal. but nothing else.. I guess I will be in my 2ww... good luck to all..
welcome to the post. Thanks for the comment. I hope everything goes well for you on the 11th at your doctor appointment. I am on my third round of clomid, I finish on the 26 of May. So I am going for a three month check up. I was so hoping to be pregnant by now. I am 27 and me and my husband has been trying for a while, we been together 9 yrs. I was pregnant last year, but lost the baby because it was a tubal pregnancy. Hope to have success by the end of this year. I wish you well and hope all the ladies soon have their bady dust.   Good Luck.
Hello All!  I've heard a few success stories and alot of struggle stories on here.  Unfortunately mine is also a struggle.  I'm 26 years old and I've been married to my wonderful husband for under a year to my husband, although we've been actively ttc for 5 years. After the wedding in Aug. we decided it was time to see a FS, good thing we did.  He was great, his levels and sperm count were phenomenal!   ...the problem sits with me.  I was diagnosed with PCOS and was also put on metphormen, for 3 months now I've been taking that with PN's and every month I go to the FS for an ultrasound and the cysts are still there, or there's more of them.  So now I just started my first month of BC (with the Metphormen) to try and get rid of these annoying cysts.  Hopefully this next cycle I can go back the my doc and be clear of the cysts.  If this gets my PCOS under control, then I can finally start Clomid.  I hope and pray that this works and within the next couple of months I will be preggo.  A mother is all I've ever wanted to be, in fact in school when the teacher asks all the kids what they want to be when they grow up....that was my answer, a mother.  It's breaking my heart that at this point in my life it's such a struggle and possibly impossible to accomplish.  I guess, time will only tell.  For all of you ladies in here that have tried Clomid for months and months with no end, try Invetro.  I'm trying that also if clomid refuses me because I am determined to bring a child into this world and to finally be the mama I was born to be.  Good luck, prayers are with you all and I will even sprinkle a bit of baby dust.  All my love.
Another update: well AF came and tomorrow I will start round 3 on Clomid. CD 3-7 and then Estradiol CD 8-12. Wish us luck! Baby dust to all :)
ugh! I know how disappointing that can be.I tried last month too w/o clomid and I wasunsuccessful. Dont get down it will happen... heres to a successful month.... :)
U know that is not true. I got my +opk on cd17 I took clomid days 5-9. had some gud size follicles when i had my cd12 u/s they say after u take ur last pill u ovulate with in 5-10 days depending on the woman. so it could of been possible that u actually ovulated.. dont give up hope.it is still possible to get pregnant. i thought they test progestrone not cm to see if u ovulated. but then again I'm not dr.
congrates hun pleased for you hopefully i will get bfp soon. im on my first cycle of clomid. how did it go if you dont mind me asking what tests did you have done. i had a internal scan yesturday and there are follicals but i dont no the chance of getting pregnant if there high than normal or just normal :s
Hi everyone! I will be having the clomid challenge test once I start my AF...has anyone on here had that test? I am 36 and was with my previous boyfriend for 10 years which we never officially tried to have a baby, but never prevented one either...I never got pregnant...Now I am with a wonderful man and we have been "officially trying for over 6 months with no luck. My gyn sent me to a FS and now I start the testing process. I will also be having the hsg as well. I do know my 21 day progesterone was 7.7 which I thought meant I didn't ovulate, but the FS said I did. This stuff can be soooo confusing!
i taught the same thing, if im not preggo this month next month im definately seeing a RE.........
yeah I'm currently seeing an RE and they are check so much more than a OBGYN. I had a u/s before clomid and blood work then at cd12 I had another u/s to check follicles. some OBGYN just give you clomid and say best of luck without knowing if it really is working for u or not.
I have a positive Clomid story. We conceived naturally with our first child, however had tried for over 12 months for baby number 2 when the Dr prescribed Clomid. We have just found out that we are now expecting baby number 2! on our first round of Clomid 50mg... I didn't really have many side effects, just some abdominal bloating. I have a Drs appointment tomorrow, very excited and thankful for Clomid.
CONGRATULATIONS GIRL....IM SO HAPPY FOR YA.......IM ON CD29 AND IM SO SCARED TO TEST BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SEE A NEGATIVE ON THE TEST, I DONT EVEN KNOW IF IM LATE OR NOT BECAUSE MY CYCLES HAVE BEEN REALLY SHORT LIKE 22 DAYS AND I WASNT OVULATING BUT ITS MY FIRST TIME ON CLOMID 100MG AND  I ACTUALLY OVULATED ON CD 17.........IF AF DOSENT SHOW UP BY FATHERS DAY IM GONNA TAKE A TEST AND IF ITS POSITIVE I'LL WRAP THE TEST UP AND GIVE IT TO HIM AS A FATHER'S DAY GIFT, HE IS GONNA BE SO SUPRIZED........LOL ONLY HOPE IM PREGO.........IM KINDA SUPER EXCITED AND I DONT EVEN KNOW IF IM PREGNANT.........LOL.LOL.LOL............
Hi All...

M so happy to find this site..... it becomes really easy to share stuff with someone who is aware of it... I have PCOS ..... waiting for my period to come then will start my first cycle of Clomid... hoping for positive results....

Hope all the ladies here good luck....

Loads of baby dust on all...
Ann
Hello Ladies, just keeping everyone up to date. I went to the doctor on the 11th for a three month check up. He just came in the room, talk to me, asked me about my ovulation and the length of my cycles. He also told me I am 25 pounds over weighted and need to lose weight. I am not fat, but I am 5"4' and weigh 162 when I suppose to weigh a max of 141. I was shock but I am going to lose the weight.
He up my clomid to 100mg and he did not run any type of testes on me or nothing, so I believe that he is trying to see if I can concieve (conceive) with just being on the clomid because in the past everything checked out fine, but Im only working with one tube because of tubal pregnancy.
Hopefully I will get pregnant because this is stressful. I am on CD25 and hoping to have accomplish a baby at least by the end of the year. I will continue to keep everyone posted.

just an update............CD31 and 15DPO still no AF, Boobs started hurting like hell and feel really heavy.........I'm so scared to take a HPT....I'm just gonna wait a few more days befor i think about testing if AF dosent show up..........wish me luck ladies........
Hi, Mrs. Islanddiva. Do not be nervous to take a pregnancy test. I think you should because you do not want to be left in the dark and wondering if you pregnant or not. I have taken plenty of them and get upset everytime I get a negative, but that is part of life. I am encouraging you to take the test.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi
how you been???
I read your posts and guess what  I am having exact same issues but too bad i can't see ma doctor here. Remember i flew on 27th and saw ma hubby on 28th since then we have been trying i tested on cd10, cd 14 and both itme it's just one thick line :(
I have been feeling sick, stomache is so crampy it hurts so effin bad, feel like puking, been drinking lots of water and surprisingly not running to the washroom a lot (perhaps it's cause of the weather here it's 48 in here so effin hot)
First i thought it's due to jetlck etc, but now i think it's cuase of clomid 100mg day 3-7 :(
last time i had ma periods on 16th, i have 28 days cycle and i didn't have ma periods on 13 or 14th....and on 15th i spoted a bit like few drops and been more than 12 hours i didn't bleed and stil have cramps and hurting so badly....feel like i am getting ma periods i have been having period's pain in ma back and lower abb...i have no idea....
i am gona wait till tomorrow then i ill go see someone here :(
i had 2 chaces i guess i missed the first one now i have 20 more days to fly back to canada :( lets see if i do it this time or not :( i am so upset and want baby desprately :(

lots of baby dust to all of you and good luck girl i hope you get one this time <3
hi I'm glad your appt went well, aww unfortunate for no hanky panky but if its in you and baby's best interest I guess you shouldn't complain lol your almost halfway there now I guess ;)  Anyway I went for my first US yesterday all was well I was nervous too but heard heartbeat and thankful saw/heard ONE heartbeat so no TWINS lol I am 9w6days now (only 2wks left for the all clear) although anything can happen anytime but I'm keeping optimistic.  Still a bit tired and nauseaous but going on summer holiday to UK soon so should be able to relax instead of work, work, work!!  talk soon and tell me about your next US, I see Doc next wk b4 hols and prob not again until 4-5wks later TC & GL to everyone, your in my thoughts & prayers
hey girl, nice to hear from u.......im on CD32 my boobs hurt and sometime i feel really nausous, my cycle havent been this long for about 2 yrs, ive never gone 32 day its always 31 or less, my last 3 cyles wer 25day, 22days and 22 days..............my ob/gyn told me that i dont have enough CM that showed that i had ovulated but i got positive OPK ON CD17 thru CD19 so who knows.......to be honest i really feel prego but im so scared to test..............out of no where the other day i was sitting on my couch and my 7 yr old daughter came and sat beside me and started rubbing my tummy.....maybe she knows something that i dont know.....LOL........im so scared to take a HPT because i dont want to see a negative...........
I hate the 2WW ugh. I swear I seen a faint line this morning but then again t could be just hopeful seeing. To islanddiva take the test especially if your period is late... gud luck
ok so i'm on cd18 now and still no +opk. how long does it usually take to O after the final chlomid pill? i took it on cd2-6 and my cm is eggwhite and cervix is soft and high but not open. my dr never did any tests, i've always been irregular but i'm just wondering if this is normal to be this many days after the final pill and not O'd yet. cann someone help me out here please? DH and i have been married for7months but been together for over 5 years and have been actively ttc for 2 yrs.
Hi dear,i took clomid 50mg ,cd3-7,and started testing from cd10 but till cd 18 i didn't get any +opk and than stopped testing thinking that it did not work for me this cycle or i may have to increase my dose to 100mg. but we BDed from cd10 to cd26 almost every other night( lolz... i know it was hard but i didn't wanted to miss my chance just because i didn't had sex on time ...ufff )
And i was waiting for my AF to show up with clomid 100mg in my hand.But guess what it never showed up ;)...i think i ovulated somewhere between cd21 to cd26.
Right now i am in my 14th week but still its hard to believe that it worked for me in the first cycle. And i am really scared to be excited.

Baby dust to you and all who are trying...

Greatttt// Congrats....... This is my first round of clomid too.... just finished the last two tabs yesterday...... i hope i get lucky too..... its nice to hear your story..... it gives us hope... take care
UPDATE: So I took a digital test and BOOM I got a postive... YAAAHHHH. after 5 yrs of trying clomid worked for me the first time around... letz hope it stickz. baby dust to all...
Congrats!!! I'm excited for you :) I am only on CD13 today started testing with OPK's yesterday but they were both negative. My DH has been really tired from work this week, so I am hoping that we don't miss our chance this month. But I wish you luck! Keep us updated!!
WOO HOO!  Congratulations!!!  That is VERY exciting news!  I also got pregnant on my first round!  Hope your dr. appt goes well!
thank you. so much.. I will keep an update on here. I didnt think it was going to work. but it did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. good luck you will get your BFP! I didnt get a postive opk until CD17 so be patient. I took it cycle days 5-9.
Thank U!!! I hope it goes well too...  I thought I was never going to get pregnant again. Clomid is wonderful...
I am going to start My 1st session of Clomid.. I have two Children already. But They are from a Past relationship.. I am very Blessed to have my children They are 5 years apart. I was very Young when Having them One I was 18 then the other I was 25 I was not trying with either child.. I was a single mother with both.. Well Now I am married and My hubby is a only child So we are trying to have Just one more child that is his own blood.. He loves my boy like his own. But wants to try for his very own.. Which I understand his wishes.. Well we have been trying since we got married almost 2 years ago.. So we had to go see a OBGYN S. We are now to trying this method.. I really hope it works.. and Please Let me know how good the rates are ont this THANK YOU!!!!
Best Wishes to you all!!!
Hi just wanted to give my story. I am 29yrs old and Me n my hubby have been trying for the last 2 years. My doc finally prescribed me Clomid 50 mg for my cycle in may 2012. I ovulated on 12 May and on 22nd I experienced very bad cramping which lasted 3 to 4 days. On 4th June I finally found out I am pregnant. I heard the heart beat in the 6th week. I currently am in the 7th week but I am not having an easy pregnancy, I feel nausoeas all the time, constipation, bloating, diahrrea, name it... But I am so Happy!! Hope it sticks.
Hello Everyone
I am so glad to see a current post on here.
Here is my story, I'm 25 and i got married in Dec.My hubbie and i had been trying since sept last yr, to get pregnant.I know this is not a long time, but it just seemed like all my friends were popping up pregnant,Fast forward to me going to the doc,He diagnosed me with POCS, I never cried so much over a period of days in my life, i tried to deny it,I always had a period and it came every 27-28days every month.i was like there is now way i could have this.Well my doc has me on Metformin 2000mg a day, and i started my 1st cycle of clomid this past month. I am sure that i have ovulated or that a cyste ruptured.I nvr had this kind of pain before i thought i was having appendicitis :) So anyways it lasted one day while giving me 2 days of warm-up pain.PLease pray that i get pregnant this month, i dont recall bd'ing so much with my husband since our honeymoon :)
You are so Blessed :) i hope that I can say the same thing the 1st week of July, I have been on Metformin and it had kicked my butt repeatedly,and I hate taking these pills,but I want a baby more than anything right now so im not giving up.Congratulations to you :) oh yes and a friend of mine says if you feel sick but a drop of peppermint(extract) in a glass of water and it will stop you from feeling sick.Hope that helps! :)
Well guys the first cycle on clomid did not work…I ovulated later than expected around the 12th day….and within a week I started having cramps increasing to my next cycle…..so am back at it again….just started the 2nd round of clomid…….hopeful
Sounds so much like my symptoms... Baby dust to U!!
Thank you for your suggestion I will try it..Hopefully you will tell the good news soon too... And this might be of some comfort to you, my first gyn also told me I had PCOs and I was so disheartened because I had regular monthly periods. My second doc told me if i have regular periods than my case isn't complex and clomid would do it easy... She was definitely right, hope this is true for you too...
Thanks I really hope so! fingers and toes all crossed :D
I forgot to ask if you had to take metformin?
No I didn't take any other medications. Doc only prescribed me clomid straight away.
I have been ttc for a year.   I ovulate each month on day 12-14, but no baby   On day 4 of taking clomid 50mg for the 1st time (taking days 5-9).   Will I ovulate later than normal?   How soon should I start testing?  Day 9 or 10?  
You are lucky to ovulate on your own :) they say you should test day 8. But I have a clear blue fertility monitor, and it requires the 1st test on day 6.Also if you buy a ovulation kit (monthly) the instructions should tell u to start on day 6. Anyways good luck on your clomid round.I took it and both machine and kit told me i ovulated this cycle.
My period will start 30th june to july4th and i will start take clomid 3-7, but i dnt know when to have sex to get gregnant with clomid, or how can i know my ovulating day becos i dont see any sign of ovulation.
I was told by my doc to have sex on the 12th,14th,16th and 18th day of my cycle. I also took clomid from day 3 to 7. My periods started 01 May till 06 May. I, sumhow because of clomid, ovulated on 11th day which was early than expected. Luckily we had sex on 11th day of cycle and it worked. Your doc should guide you on the possible days plus try bedding as much as possible.
Mali1, I have pcos and started my first round of clomid, according to the dr I need to take a pregnancy test on July 4th and 3 days following to see if clomid worked for me on the first try. I was wondering how many tries did it take you to get pregnant and if you have any kind of infertility issues besides needing help ovulating?
Your like me I got PoCs, but I been taking Metphormin, and this my 1st round of clomid. My cycle should restart on July 4th, 3rd or 5th....I got my fingers really crossed but I have decided that i wont test until im late, because im so tired of seeing the negative results from the past :(
I am new to this group.. I feel complete utterly lost... I need people to talk to... I started back in November with 50 mg of clomid and then my husband lost his job so we did one more month and the dr moved us up to 100 mg.. We stopped till this past month I am back on 100 mg and 500 mg of metformin. I just want some place where I can talk to people!!!! we do have a three year old daughter she is my miracle!!!! I do not have any issues except that I only have one ovary!!! the dr said my progesterone was low but could not give me a reason as to why we are not conceiving!! its just frustrating and no one around me understands. I am surrounded with people having babies, which I am so happy for but its really hard for me to show happiness when they arent going through this month after month....  how do you guys deal with this???  
I totally understand where you are coming from, I get so frustrated and I hope this is it. My husband and I have been married going on 3 years and we havent tried to prevent pregnancy the whole time we have been married. It is a hard thing to cope with, and for me talking to other people makes it easier. Baby Dust to you and I hope you receive your miracle as well as myself! The only thing we can do is Pray about it and GOD will let it happen in his time. Lets stay in touch and see how long it takes us to conceive!
It is a very hard thing to cope with, but talking to other women going through the same thing and having Faith in GOD and praying about it, we can all get through this very emotional time.
How much are clomid or fertilid pills & do I need any prescription letter to buy them?
Thanks yes lets keep in touch, I got a whole lot of people praying for me.And I will Pray for you too.Main thing is its so easy to get depressed, but we just got to stay steady and not give up.
I agree, we cannot give up! I finished my 3rd round of clomid on June 15th and then took Estradiol from the 16th through the 20th. My DH and I BD on CD9, CD11 and CD14 but I think I might have ovulated on CD13...so do you think I have a shot this month or not?

My DH was working in this hot heat all last week, so it was hard for him to get the energy he needed to BD when I thought we needed to, so I am worried that this month was wasted. What do you think?

I am on CD17 today and now I am just going to have to wait for the next two weeks to see what happens. I will take a test on July 12th if AF does not come by then. Baby Dust to all, and my prayers are with you.
I got lucky in the first round of clomid. Hopefully u will too. I don't think I had any other fertility issues otherwise doc would have treated me for that first. My first doc did tell me I had PCOS but I changed my doc and the new doc said that if u are having regular periods all you need is a boost in ovulation. I hope this helps.
I say there is always a chance.Dont give up!

My husband works in heat too.Here's what we have done. He drinks alot of cold water, and i'm bout to get personal here,no briefs...he wears boxers! Also my friend said he is to eat peanuts :) i bought him 2 bags! lol and i read somewhere that a man is to drink something with caffeine in it,like coke or coffee right before you get it on.

So you say ur husband is tired when he gets home from work,maybe u cld let him lay down for 3o mins when he gets home, Or get him 1st thing in the morning.Trust me ,me and mine have done it at 5am when bare neither one of is half awake.And we still went to work.

Lol we are committed either way!!let me know how it goes
hey im on clomid first cycle to ive got to tk pregnancy test on 2nd july if period hasnt come, what is your story, have you had any problems with the clomid, hope it works for us both baby dust
I would not suggest that you take these pills without doc's prescription. These pills act on our hormones and if not taken under doc's supervision they may create havoc with our bodies and actually make conception more difficult.
I hope you dont mind me asking this but i looked at your picture and I noticed that you are a mixed couple.That is so awesome :) its the same with me and my hubbie.I am glad that i am able to meet someone that can relate with me in other area's as well.I'm blk and he's white, and i could use all the extra friends I can get
hey wht symptoms did u have and did u have any problems with the clomid/side effects. did u ovulate on your own sorry just trying to find some hope for me so scared that i might not get pregnant
You are so sad but if you see from our eyes 'you are so lucky' to have a beautiful daughter. We aren't even blessed with one child yet. Please don't loose hope we all have each other to pray for. You will concieve (conceive) again but when God would want. Just pray and keep trying. :)
Don't need to be sorry :) I am most happy to help in any way I can. Symptoms for pregnancy u mean? I had very very obvious symptoms. I ovulated on 11CD and when there was still a week to go for my next round of periods on 22CD I got cramps in my lower abdomen as if I was going to have my periods. My legs were so cramped and my whole body ached as if I did mountain climbing a day before (which ofcourse I didn't). I couldn't even go to work for two days. But I did not experience any spotting. The pains went away in 3 to 4 days. But slight lower abdomen cramps continued. On 30CD I couldn't lie down at night because I felt whatever I ate coming out. 4 days after I took the pregnancy test ( fearing another negative) and it turned out posotive. Unforgetable moment. I pray you experience it soon :)
I did not feel any clomid side effects, what I do experience have more to do with my hcg than clomid I think. I did not ovulate regularly before, the dates were all a mess.
Found this forum and feel like I fit right in! Taking my last Clomid pill tonight (5-9) and am excited to see how this works! Baby dust to all!!
I have not had any side effects of this drug as far as I can tell. I have been extremely hot for the last few days, my boobs are sore and my stomach feels full and heavy, if that makes sense its like bloated with a heaviness. Anyways, I was diagnosed with pcos and like the other girl on here, I went to a new Dr said that he didnt know if what I had was true Pcos or if I just needed to loose a few pounds. But when I loose weight,, I bleed for a few months straight and still do not ovulate, and I have had bloodwork etc and I do portray all of the classic signs of Pcos. I wish you best in your fertility journey, I will be praying for you!
UPDATE--------sorry ladies for being away for such a long time and not giving u an update, so here it is, took clomid on CD 3-7 and i got a positive OPK on CD17, i did everything that was right, BD on CD 16,17,18,19,20..........when i get to CD 30 I was gonna test but hubby didnt want me to, he said let nature takes it course, so i let it be, i guess he didnt want to be disappointed..........on CD36 AF showed up i didnt even noticed, no cramps no pain.......but for some odd reason i think that it was a chemical pregnancy............so now i have started the whole cycle all over again, my DR gave me clomid 150mg on CD 3-7 and said that i should ovulate on CD14, today is my last set of pills, i hope it works this time around.................BABY DUST TO ALL AND CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT A POSITIVE.............
Viewing 2401-2600 comments: