Aa
A
A
Close
280700 tn?1210287416
Any1 get pregnant first cycle of Clomid????
Hi everyone I will be starting Clomid next month and wanted to know how many of you ladies have been on and how many have you got pregnant on the first cycle. Alittle bit nervous about the whole thing but I know it will be alright. I really cant wait to get started on the whole thing. So any feedback and thoughts about Clomid would be appreciated. Thanks a bunches...

Anna
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3387 Answers
Page 8 of 170
951477 tn?1293072287
I was on 50mg Clomid on alternate months and conceived on the 2nd cycle of Clomid.
Now 22wks pregnant :) Good luck to you .
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Just found out that my second round of 100mg clomid did not work, My levels didnt move, still to low. Im now starting 150 mg mon 3 and crossing my fingers. We have been trying for 1 1/2 yrs. We didn't have any problems having our first, lil' girl 3. Good luck to all of you....  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
I'm so happy I found this fourm.  I just finished taking my first round of Clomid 50mg, now I'm waiting to find out if I'm pregeant.  Which I will find out by the end of next week. My fingers are crossed.  I have a son that's 2 that was concived without any medication but my husband and I have been trying for another baby for a couple of months now without any luck so I decided to take a different route.  I hope it works.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
So I finished my CLomid and now my question is.... how do I know if I ovulated?  Is this a dumb question?  I know the med is supposed to make you, but how can you be sure?  What happens next if I don't ovulate?  Thanks guys, good luck to all of you!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
After I took Chlomid I used an ovulation prediction kit. There are physical signs but they are different for everyone and some of them like the cervical mucas the Clomid can change that. However they say the ovulation tests are just as effective on Clomid
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
you can get the home ovluation tests at any store...they look and work the same as a pregnancy test... or you can go to the dr. and get your blood drawn and they can tell that way.... hope this helps..Good Luck =)
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
after 1 cycle of clomid i was pregnant but it turned out to be ectopic preg and i lost my tube :( i think clomid works i most of the cases as it increase your ovolution but if you have any other reason of not concieving it's not good. Do check your other harmones have HSG done before using clomid as it will give you a complete picture of you fertillity status.

I my case none of the doctor are telling me the exact reason of ectopic JUST it can happen to 1 in 100 and i was that 1..... However i had HSG done 3 months after my ectopic preg and i got to know that i have a complete septate uterus and it need to be treated by hysterscopy (removal of septate)......

please pray for me..... and advice
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
757371 tn?1269966637
I'll find out by the end of next week as well!
Good luck!
My first round on clomid after 2 try's in sept and oct of 2010.
No ovulation problems just ttc'ing for almost 11 months and still nothing
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
I am 22. My husband and I have been trying for about 16 months to concieve. NO luck. All the blood work came back fine. And tubes aren't blocked. My husband is fine also. Now I am on my first round of Clomid 50 mg. Day 5 to 9. Just hoping that it works : )
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1152910 tn?1262107600
Well I got AF yesterday so on to round two of Clomid 50mg.  I really thought I was pregnant but I guess it is easy to overanalyze everything thing you feel when you are waiting to find out if you are pregnant.   My blood test showed that I did ovulate so at least I know the Clomid is working for me at 50mg...now I just have to try to be patient.  Hopefully round two will be success!  Redbed and Mzpeach, any results yet?  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Hey, sorry to hear about AF.... I do not know yet what is going on, my AF should come today (if 28 days)...... I am just patiently waiting, I will let you guys know ASAP..... good luck and happy thoughts!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
     my periods have been messed up for 15 yrs.i have pcos..i have been trying for a baby for years as well.. my husband is fine .. i had a biopsy done dec 11 and started bleeding really bad on the 12th.my linning was at a 20 very thick. the dr started me on clomid 50mg on my 5th day of bleeding,he said that i would prbly not ovulate the first month..which i didnt,got my period on jan 11th 2010.dr started me on clomid 100 mg on my 3rd day of bleeding,im also on metform.i really hope that i ovulate and conceive this month!! Goodluck  and BABY DUST     to all!!!!!!!!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1180215 tn?1356138333
24 years old was tying to have a baby with my husband for 3 years now i just found out last year i have pcos i have been on Metformin since may and just finish my first round of clomid i've never missed a period never had a sign of pcos till i got married a year later i had all the syntoms expect for my period was always normal   i;am just really scared thinking what if it does not work
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1132848 tn?1345647490
Well, after 4.5yrs of trying I got a BFP last night! (day15po).  I went in this morning for a beta, so we'll see what that says.  I"m very happy, but also quite nervous.
This was my second round on clomid 50mg.  The first round we did IUI and had a trigger, but this time as the clinic was closed we just did the clomid 50mg and BD'd at home.  Still shocked!!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Hello Ladies! I've been reading everyones post and I pray BD to everyone! I was on Lupron for 2 months, and now I will be starting Clomid in 3 days. I'm still not sure how it works. Can anyone help?!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
1132848 tn?1345647490
Clomid just tricks your body into thinking it didn't produce enough estrogen, so your body will produce extra and force an egg out (or more eggs).  For some, it has a LOT of side effects, for me, I hardly had any but hot flashes.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
sorry but I just read a post from this thread which is confusing to me....I've just copied and pasted it...see below..."clomid, taken off the market!?!?!?"  huh!?!?!?

here is the post copied and pasted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by jaksathome, Sep 22, 2008 11:01AM
To: kissindawind
jaksathome

jaksathome
Member since Sep 2008  

1 min
Hi well done you, I think Clomid is fab, it's sucha a shame that it's been taken off the market...it has always worked for me first time!!! You take care and watch that bump grow:) Jacks -Aberdeen xxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
I was on Clomid 3 cycles...
50mg
100mg
150mg
I decided to try when My Husband and I had been trying over a year and a half. I'm only 24 but decided to try anyway..The first 3 cycles passed and nothing so i decided to give up for now since my Husband is deploying in 3 weeks..To my suprise and out delight im now 6 weeks pregnant. I believe it was the clomid and the fact that i had given up and stopped worrying about it..So don't get discouraged ladies if it doesn't work the first few times..My doctor even suggested go on vacation have a few drinks don't think of sex as a mission but time to enjoy!! haha =] it worked! good luck to all of you ladies!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Well I got AF yesterday.... gonnas start round two of clomid in a few days... then my Dr told me to come in for a blood test on day 23 to make sure that I ovulate..... keeping my fingers crossed..... any good news guys?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
ok im kinda confused.. i got af jan 11,started on clomid 100mg on the 13-17th.. i started using a opk on the 19th just wanted to see if i would ovulate early.on 22,23,24 when i took the test there were 2 lines 1 faint and 1 bright.i thought  that i wasnt ovulating  because it says that they have to be the same color ,so i took 1 today and there was only 1 line.  ive been moody for a few days and very irritable had some tingling on my rightside and alittle bit of cramping like af is coming.breast were kind sore not much.. what do you think????
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
Blank
miami, FL
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank