Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anybody in two week wait

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 1401-1442 comments:
Thanks sooo much for your thoughts...

I know I am sooo THANKFUL for my DH as well...  I know he is hurting but just hides it... I know we will get BFP sooon...  I have FAITH IN GOD...  I also have no one familiy nor friends that know what I am going thur but I do THANK GOD for the 2 people I have in my life which is my DH & my DD and YOU ALL on Medhelp...

SSBD TO ALL OF US....

PS:  Tomorrow I go for an u/s to see if I don't have cyst and to see if I am a good candidate for IVF due to my weight....
hi all

im not really in a 2ww wait to see if im preg but im in a 2ww to go to my first RE appt. i am very nervous about this, and not sure what to expect first visit. i am 28 yrs old with pcos... i just did 3 months of clomid and it did not work. i was convinced last month that i had o'd on 150 mg, as i got a pos digital opk reading on the 20th day but when i went for my bw the next day my levels were only 1.4 the previous months had been lower.....  its hard because none of my friends understands what im going through. i do have one friend that before her hysterectomy a few weeks ago had offered to carry a baby for me if i could not, but being she cant now she did offer her eggs to me if we needed Donor eggs....
sarah
congrats to all those BFPs and to BFN i salut you for your courage to keep posting and informing us i am on 2ww today is my 4th day after 5day single embryo transfer having had 12 eggs collected 8 mature one transferred and none made it to freezing. its my first IVF but have heard series of clomid and letrozole all 12 negative results 2 ectopics and 2 miscarriage and blocked tube. i feel encourage to read all the postings but i am afraid this time round i feel nothing i have a very deep feeling its not going to work that psychologically am already prepared guess it the outcome of those many many false hopes. i am a bit curious though i have been having a discharge from the day i stared my stimulation and it doesnt seem to go away and it increased after egg collection and still on anybody with such experience please advice
Good luck!!  What was the grade of your embryo?  I had 12 retreived, 8 fertilized but only 2 made it to the transfer day.  The quality was not so good - one was a Grade 2AB and the other was a morula.  Kinda shocking that out of 8 fertilized, only 2 poor embryos made it to day 5.

So you had 12 retreived, 8 fertilized and only one made it to transfer?  Or did you have 8 embryos ready for transfer on day 5?
Hello ladies...going in on the 24th for follie check and see where I am I still have not decided if I will go through with the iui plan cause things are still so shaky with dh (he has been gone 3 months today) We have been communicating a little better lately but nothing has changed as far as "the situation" just praying God gives me the answers not what my heart want cause I know he wont steer me wrong
Hello Everyone

I had my ET on May 12,they transferred 2 embryos (blastocysts), I had my first beta on Friday May 20th and nurse told us that they don;t give results until 2nd beta is done,but then she called later that day to tell me that my beta was 140.4 that it was great and most likely it would double up by monday and that I have a good chance of being pregnant,my hubby and I told our parents but Still I'm a little worried, What do you guys think?

Thank you
went to re's office this morning and as my luck would be all the larger follies 19 and 20mm are on the left side where I have no tube and the 12 and 16mm or on the right waiting on them to call not sure if I should go ahead with the iui if the larger follies are on the left or should I? I need advice. Due to my marital situation this may be the last month I ttc but I will always be here to support you ladies. I have been going through this 10 years now.
hey girl  ....how are ya?  haven't heard from you in a while.  Hope all is well with you!
Hi ladies!
celebrating my 40th in 2 weeks from today :-)...and hopefully celebrating our pregnancy a few days before then. We have a 12 yr old conceived by IVF and decided to give it another chance before we're too old :-) I'm 40, husband 48. Tubes were removed after a tubal pregnancy with first IVF cycle 13 years ago. No other issues

21 follies, 11 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. We opted to do the PGD testing due to my age so all 10 were tested on day 3 once they all reached 8 cell...had 1 10 cell on day 3.  Biopsy results were available on day 5 (transfer day) and results were shocking. 3+ downs, 3+ miscarriage genes...however 4 healthy Blasts! 2 boys and 2 girls.  All were A's with the 2 boys being the largest. We opted to have only 2 transfered but were suggested to have 3 transfered by thhe DR. and the embriologist
....
Today is day 5 and I have taken a HPT daily since day 3 with negative results...I know I'm being silly but I guess I was hoping a day 3 result! Tested on day 8 with my daughter and it was very faint (carried twins for 4 months) so I know I should wait until at least then before I test again.
Suggestions???
Hello Everyone!
I've been reading & trying to catch up on all of your post. Best wishes to you all! I'm now back in the 2ww after having my IVF cycle cancelled & changed to IUI. We've done 2 IUI cycles that were unsuccessful, and one IVF cycle that resulted in a BFP but ended in MC at almost 10wks. So today starts the waiting game. All in all I'm going to remain positive, hopeful & prayerful that maybe, just maybe we will receive our special blessing :-)

SSBD to you all!
progesterone came in at 28.0 today did not do Ovidril this month or IUI did take Clomid thinking me and dh could get along long enough to cover that but we didnt...I had o pain Friday(slight) Saturday(hard) and Sunday(hard) all on left Friday no tube there both on Saturday and Sunday did not bd (2x's) until Tuesday so not looking for anything this month just keeping you posted...also dh and I are going to counseling on the 20th to see if we can even salvage our marriage.
Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes to all!
God Bless,
Beatrice
So I am now 4dpiui and I feel absolutely nothing!  No cramping, I'm not bloated, nothing!  Well...the only thing I'm feeling is sore bbs (sorry if it's TMI).  I know that it may be to early to tell, but shouldn't I feel something?  I think the sore bbs is directly related to the HCG injection and the progesterone suppositories.  Am I just over thinking this?  

Hope everyone is having a good day...
we can never over think our dreams!! Yes it can be from the shot or progesterone...good luck in the 2ww
I'm on 2ww as well. The progesterone has my boobs sore and slight cramping. As I been told can be from that as well.
I had a five day three embryo blastocyst transfer Saturday. Wishing everyone lots
Of luck!!!!
You are right!  We can never overthink our dreams.  Thanks for the well wishes :-)

@ Emsecret....Best of luck to you!  Sending some sticky vibes your way!
I think sore boobs could be from pro. I'm in same boat. Thanks ;0) right back to ya!
Hello everyone!  Hope you all are doing well.  Looking forward to seeing some good news in a couple of days.  Although this is not my first time in the dreaded 2WW, this time around I am a mess! I'm so anxious to find out what my BETA results are.  I don't go for my BETA until the 17th.  What a wonderful Father's Day gift that would be for my hubby.  Praying for you all.  SSBD your way!
Hi Ladies,
Ok, I've been reading on this forum for a week from 2000 messages ago :)  time for me to post.    I'm 41 and this is my second IVF
1st IVF - April 2011 - 3dt of Qty 5, 3day embryos - cant remeber exact but mostly 4 and 5 cell B ( normal) amount of fragmentation - Started cramping VERY bad day 8 and day 9 was experiencing the worst bleeding ever - shedding that thick lining I guess,
.
this time is my 2nd IVF - retrieved 21 eggs!!!  11 embryos - 8 made it -               TRANSFERED -QTY 6! (3DAY)!!!!                                                                            Qty4, 8cell A quality ( less than 5% fragmentation - which I guess is rare) and               qty 2, 7 cell , A QUAlity
Qty 1  9 cell , B Quality ( normal range - 5-25% frag)  
I know this is super agresssive to do 6 ,  When my Dr and I decided to do that , we didnt know the awesome quality of the embies, and another doctor on call did the transplant.,
I prayed so much last time and I didn't work , I'm almost afraid to keep asking God to make this work. ,ths is SOO brutal waitiing.  I transplanted the best quality embryos so at least I know thats a good thing,  but I just have this sick feeling that my luck has always sucked - its hard not to get your hopes up.  
Also I did Acupuncture this time , 2 xs a week and for 3 weeks prior to retrival and I went before the transfer and immediatley after.,   I also am using the Endometrin Progesterone vaginal inserts 3 x  DAY ( last time they had me do it 2'xs) and also take oral estidiol (sp?)    this is my first post - Would love to hear from you ladies
sorry I forgot to post - my pregancny test is June22.  I can;t wait but yet I dread it cuz Im so scared its going to be a big fat NO!
Hello Holmsie - any news yet - When is your test?  
baby dust for everyone !!!
Hi There!

Actually my BETA was this morning.  I'm on edge waiting for the results.  I'm a little nervous...last night I started spotting this dark brown discharge and again this morning(TMI).  I'm not sure if this is AF or it's a good sign.  Ugh....the office will call with the results this afternoon. **bitting fingernails**

How are you?
Ooh you must be so nervous - I am saying a prayer for you now to St. Girard - he's the Saint for Expectant mothers!!  Please let us know how yoiu make out - does your place give you results same day?    I do my bloodwork around 7am and the results will come from 1-5pm same day
My first one will be Wednesday - today is Fridya - today is 1 week since my transfer..  I just pray to God it worked this time.   I transfered 6 almost perfect embroys - I keep thinking if these dont implant which ones will???!!
Looking forward to hearing back from you -TOns OF baby dust to you... and me :)_
Hi Holmsie07- How did your beta go?  I'm praying you had good results.
So I broke down and bought 2  packages of HPT's this weekend ( each one contained 3 tests)   I took one Friday morning which was 1 week past transfer.  I thought I saw a very very faint line but then I realized it was my eyes playing tricks on me.   Saturday the same thing. But Sunday morning I saw a clear line indicating postive but it was light ( about 1/.3 of the intensity as the contol pannel line)  Last night I bought another brand of kit - and took 2 more tests- they both came out with a blue line - its stil very light but it's a clear line. ( about 1/.2 the darkness of the control)....,My husband tells me to stop,  he thinks Im getting my hopes up too much .. . My whole life i've taken a bout 75 testd and have never seen ANYTHING in the test - always just the white circle - no color ..so it's hard not too get excited..,, Im afraid I'm going to jinx myself - how dumb is that.??!!!   im just so nervous ....My first beta is wednesday .  Has anyone out there ever gotten a faint positive on the HPT?>> and if so, what were you're ultimate result for your beta??
Well I think i missed my surg on thursday, friday and saturdays OPK was negative, but i had a faint line  on thursday, so that should put my ovulation about friday evening friday night, and i BD friday afternoon, and i am going to attack my hubby today :). so here is to TWW
To: Ladies- My BFP is over !im so sad
Hi Ladies,
Im so devistated today.  I was finally pregnant this month on my second IVF try.  You may have seen my posts 2 weeks back.  I am 41 and had a transfer of 6 what were considered to be almost perfect5 embroyos - 8 and 9 cell with less than 5% fragnmentatio.  I started the HpTS on day 7 and started with the faint line and then the digital that showed pregnant - on  Wed June 22 I gotr my first official BFP with a beta of 154.  This past Tueday June 28, I went in for my second beta test ( 6 days after the first) - after my bloode work on the morning I went to work and I started bleeding - My stomach dropped and my heart was racing,I was prayng oh God no!! Please pleaae let this be nothing, I caled the clinic and they said go home and rest and theyd call me as soon as they had the results of my morning blood work - when I got home  I noticed a clot that I passed,  and then I stopped bleeding.   I was absolutely devistated and my heart raced fror the next 4 hours waiting for the call - when I got the call they told me my #'s went up to only 815 and they had wanted to see them over 1000 at that point,   Ijust new it was over.  She said to come back in 2 days -When I went in yesterday they confirned the  chemical pregmancy - the #'S  dropped to 200( which s what they call it - but there was impantation but not for long ) .. Needlesss to say I am just so devistated..I can';t believe it.,.,How coud;l someone be on toop of the world one minute and then within the matter of an hour its over..   I;m 41 years old- my insurance is done paying for IVF ( I had a lifetime max of 2 IVF cycles)  I have never been so stressed out in my life - I thought for sure this was it for me I was finally after all these years going to have the baby Ive been praying for every day , everytinme I blow out candles oin my birthday cake, everytime I throw a coin in wishig well, everytime I wish in a star, everytime I light a candle at church.,,  My next step now is $20,500 I have to have IN  advance to get 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles    ( I guess the program to get 70% back ended with  37 years old)   Where in the world am I going to get twenty thousand dollars??!!   - If I can get someone to finance me it will take me 3-4 years to pay that off - which is fine , but what happens if It still doesn't work?> how could I find another $20K??    I have no time to wait ,  I;m 41 and 1/2 - I don't have the luxury to wait a second on this..,., I am sooooo miserable, why is this happening to me?? ,, Why does my sister in laws, 4 children all be unwed teenage mothers and I have nothing.., I wish I could find someone that I could give the 30k for a baby..,   I just want to buy one somewhere so Iknow the money I spend will result in me being a mother.,.Im sorry to rant like this, I am so stressed out , so so unhappy and just so sad.,     Is anyone out there over 40 and actually had a sucessfull IVF ??>    If I coiuldn't get 6 perfect embryos to work - whats it gonna take????  - Ladies I am also interested in beginning to look int adoption for a baby but I havent the faintest Idea where to start., anyway - thank you to anyone out there for listening to me ,, I wish you all the best,
hey ladies,
dh and I are now seperated so until I find someone to ttc with I will be here for the support of you all... No pitty party for me between you guys and God I will be fine :-) Lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to you all!
Hi - I'm so sorry to read your post.  I had a chemical pregnancy back in November 2010 and it was devasting.  It was my very first BFP and I was over the moon that "I" could actually be pregnant.  Then the next day I started bleeding, so my dream was over quickly.  I know it hurts so so much and nothing in the world that can make this better other than a successful pregnancy.  I really hope you are able to find the funding to continue with IVF.  It just s u c k s that it's so expensive!!  I've heard from many people that once they have more success when they pay with their own money, rather than insurance coverage.  I know it doens't make sense at all, but I know 2 women who didn't get pregnanct with insurance funding and got pregnant on their cycle that they paid out of their pocket.  Please keep the strength and faith.  God will surely bless you with a child!

bfromthed - so sorry to hear about you and DH.  Why are some of us put through so many tests in life?  I admire your faith and positivity and pray that you are blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a healthy child.
AKD84 - Im sorry for not writing back until now.  I took the long weekend and then 3 days off of work and went up to my parents place on the lake in NH.  It was so nice to take my mind off things for a few days.     I'm just getting back to work and my computer and just saw your note.  It really means a lot to have someone write back such kind words and I really appreciate it.   I felt the same way, I couldnt belive I was pregant! I had a whole weekl to revel in it, I probably bought 20 HPTs becuase I loved seeing the word "pregnant" . I agree, its SO expensive and so stressful.  My place has a package for $20,500 ( Not including Meds) for 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles - cuz Im over 37 I don't qualify for the 70% back.  My biggest fear is what If I finance all this money and STILL don't have a baby.    I thought that maybe I could start the adoption process as well at the same time.  I haven't the faintest idea how to even start that.      AKD84D - did you have your succesful preganancy after the chemical? or are you still trying? I tried to look at your page but I couldn't tell.    
Hi, To b mums :),

Iam 22 and im in my first IVF cycle........i had 4 embryos transferred and the doctor said all were of gud quality .... im keeping my fingers crossed and praying to God........Ive got my pregnancy test on 11th july i.e., monday .....just 1 day left and im stressed and excited ......please please please wish me luck and im hoping to giv you all the gud news soon.

Lots of baby dust to all,
Sid :)
im in 2 week wait with 1 and only 1 donated egg (now embryo). i had the transfer done yesterday. its the only embryo i have so the pressure is on. i hate this waiting.
hey ladies just checing in congrats to the new mommys and the bfp's and baby dust and sticky vibes to all of us trying to get to our dreams.

afm: things have been quiet my husband wants to try counseling now that he sees the grass is not that green on the other side. We will see...I will keep you posted..I am not giving up!!!!
Well I am back on round two.  First round we used my eggs, fertilized by DH and only had one decent one to transfer.  BFN.  So at that point, I was done and out of 25k.  

THEN, Dr. says, "well you could use another ladies eggs", I thought WHAT, had you told me the odds up front due to my age I would have done that first.

So, DH goes in for aspiration Sunday, I am using an egg donor and sharing with someone else the amount of eggs retrieved, they will then fertilize with what they get from DH, they will do PGD and all tests and then I will do the 5 day transfer.  The donor had her first round last month of donating her eggs and both ladies are pregnant.  One with a single and the other with twins.

She is 23, so my dr. put it, her eggs are young and viable and give me a much better chance of working.  I am nervous bc I closed my 401k for this last effort.  and BTW, I am 42, feeling too old for this, but my heart and soul wants a baby girl and one last shot at it.

Best wishes to you all.
I am going in tomorrow the 1st and I am so nervous I can't stand it. I make the bad choice of taking a hpt and it showed negative so now I am even more scared and nervous. I am so hopeful that the hpt was wrong. I am getting cramps and lower back pain but that is about it as for symptoms. Not sure if those are even symptoms. I am going to drive myself crazy. Any advice?
good luck ladies
baby dust to all
Hope your test goes/went well!!! sending you lots of posi+ive thoughts!!!

in fact, yes, backache and cramps can be symptoms... but like most symptoms it seems, they can be either AF or PG symptoms. I can't tell you how much I hate that. couldn't we have symptoms that are clearly one or the other!?
afm hubby came by last night we spent hours talking and have an appt with a counselor in 2 weeks. He says its not that he does not want to come back but he wants to make sure that he will never hurt me like that agin...I told him that's an excuse. We did bd...this morning though ;-) I guess whatever it takes to get my little one but no meds this month. I had a + opk yesterday hopefully something will catch.
Baby Dust and stick vibes and congrats to the bfp's and the new mommy's!
God is good we will get there!
Beatrice
Had transfer yesterday so I am on my 2 ww (really 10 days)  who else out there is waiting it out?  1 more day of bed rest so I am just hanging out.
Avatar n tn
I also am in my 2WW and I feel so anxious.   I underwent a FET and had 1 blastocyst transfered on 8/4.   I go in for my BETA on 8/18.  I started spotting yesterday...it comes and goes with no other symptons.  The spotting is mainly browninsh and is usually present when I wipe.  I phoned my clinic and they stated that not to worry that at this point such spotting is no indication of anything. I had lab work today and my estrogen level is 735, which according to the nurse, is a good number.  I don't know my progesterone level yet as I should get that info. tomorrow.   I can't lie, I am somewhat worried but am keeping hopeful.  I had my first IVF on May 2007 and my son was born premature on November 2007.  I already feel blessed because my son has brought imense joy to my DH and I.  I feel comfort when I read everyone's comments.  You know exactly what I'm feeling.

I hope that good things happen to us all.
In 2ww, will find out on Tuesday the 16th! I hate the waiting!! It sux. I am 7dpt. Sticky dust to all. MY MANTRA THE PAST 2W...STICK,STAYGROW!!!!
good luck to you. I too had my son 5 years ago the day I turned 24 weeks and he passed away 26 days later so I am so happy to hear of a success with a baby so small. Try and relax and make thet nesting enviorment nice and comfy for the little seed.

AFM all natural this month as I try and figure out which way my marriage is going. Always ptaying for all of you ladies lots of sticky vibes and baby dust!!!! God Bless
Beatrice
I am 9dp5dt.  Took a HPT on Friday, BFP.  Took another one Saturday and today and all showed the 2 pink lines and 1 of them was lighter.  I go tomorrow for my Beta test.  Then the real results will be out.

Hang in there everyone:::::)))))))))))
Hi Everyone
I am in my 2ww and I am going through this all by myself, I am 40 1/2, I had 3 x 5dt transfered on Wed Aug 31st, I got told the blastocyst where all in great shape, I used a Donor as I can not produce my own eggs. this is the only chance I get to be a mother and it means more than anything in the world, as Im sure you all will agree. The embryo's came from a 21yr girl and she had gave them to her aunty who couldn't have her own, she got 2 transfered and she ended up with twins, she they decided just to donate the rest of her frozen embryo's. My Dr said to stay bed rest for 36 hours but today Im still either in bed or on the couch, only getting up for the toilet or to make a snack. I have a fantastic brother & a great friend who is coming by a few times a day to make sure i still have my feet up.
Im just wondering if anyone else has had 3 x 5dt and what was the out come.
I am thinking of each & everyone of you and hopefully god takes good care of us all.
BABY DUST & STICKY VIBES TO ALL.
Stay in touch as these 2 weeks is going to be a nightmare to handle.
been a long time since I posted!  Wanted to give an update to spread some hope.  Had 5 poor quality embies transferred in December;  It was a day 3 transfer - - 3 were only 3 cell with tons of fragmentation; the other two were a 4-cell and a 5-cell (should be 8-cell by day 3!).   Well, got a BFP with one and had my miracle 4 weeks ago.  He is perfect and amazing.  That was my 4th and last IVF we were ever going to do. ( I was 38 when I got pregnant; My husband and i both were fertility misfits)

DON"T GIVE UP HOPE LADIES!!!!!
Congrats! Glad to hear it! What did you name your bundle of joy! I'm going in for my Beta on Monday and praying its positive and stays that way. This is our 5th IVF attempt and I'm also just turned 38 and I'm hoping my Miracle is Here!
The little man's name is Sean.   Good luck to you on Monday!  How many embies and what was the transfer day (3-day or 5-day)?  
I'm now in the 2ww and it's killing me! So emotion, dreading the BFN! Desperately trying to convince myself that this time it'll be ok. How are you all doing on your 2ww?

babs9199 - thanks for giving me some hope!
yes, the 2ww is the worst!!! i would gladly endure many more shots a day than deal with the waiting and trying to read your body for every potential symptom.  With this pregnancy, i was convinced it was a failure by day 4, b/c i had no symptoms whatsoever!!!  I was pregnant 2 yrs ago and miscarried; with that pregnancy, I had sore boobs 24 X 7 for the whole 2ww.  And also, the night before i found out i was pregnant this time, i had major period like cramps......was so sure AF was coming, i cried and told my husband it was all over. Soooo, my point is, don't beat yourself up everyday b/c you may have symptoms or you may have none and be pregnant!!  I know, easier said than done.  One thing i tried to do during my 2ww was relaxation & visualization techniques... visualizing the embies implanting.   It was part of this meditation series i bought for my whole IVF cycle that you listen to every day on your iPOD (google Circle + Bloom).   Anyway, set a time of the day to listen to relaxing spa music for an hour, and visualize your embies burrowing in!!  GOOD LUCK!!
Currently in my 2WW.  My beta is Tuesday and I am so nervous.  This is my second IVF cycle, first one was unsuccessful.  I can't decide if I should do a HPT.  Any thoughts????
I did a FET transfer this time and I think it was a day 5 we did fresh cycle in April. My beta came back BFP yesterday day 13 and my count was 1026. I will go back Wednesday for my 2nd Beta!
WOW!!  Yeah for you!!   How many embies were transferred?  That is a really high number!  Maybe twins???     What was your # on Wednesday?
Congrats!!!  That is awesome!!!  
Viewing 1401-1442 comments: