Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Anyone having a Tubal Reversal surgery Soon????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Trying to find support in others on the wait for my surgery... mine is coming up onJune 15th ... scarred but excited! anyone else in the same boat??? love to share stories! thx

Kelly
i wanted to know about this too .as i am also scared of laparoscopy tocheck on my tube ,that was the doctor told me ..I wanted to know if  how did u know why you've got a reversal Tube ...have u done a Laparoscopy yet ?Just pray about your Surgery ..I know evrything will be Ok afterwards .I've been into a Surgery befor due to my Dermoid CYst and got the Ovary Removed ,thats why i join this forum now because i dont have any idea myself about infertility..
This is my first married and never had kids .and no M/C nver get pregnant since ..so all of the preggo story i really dont know ...

I wish you a GOOD LUCK and let me know what the tests did you got before you finally knew that you got a Tube Reversal ...Thanks

She's referring to reversing a tubal ligation. That's when you have your "tubes tied." But now she's having it undone so she can get pg again.
The other poster is right, I had my tubes tured following the birth of my 3rd child in 99 and now re married and ahving them untied! I wish I could answer ur questions but, that is my situation... I will pray for a healthy outcome and successful surgey. I would love to chat with anyone who is goingthru this or has been thru this so I know what to expect. God Bless
I just remarried as well and I want a baby with my husband so badly.  Are you from Canada?  Is the reveral costly?  Is anything covered?
i'm getting my tubes reversed in about 7 weeks, i'm excited but nervous too. I've had so many surgeries for various things and it gets annoying, i'm afraid of the pain, and the whole being put to sleep thing. I'm going to Tennessee with my new husband so we can have babies, he's never had kids and i gave up mine for adoption years ago because i was so young when i had them so i'm ready to start over. The doctor i chose is Really well priced and seems very qualified, counting down the days, 52 as of right now
I did a lot of research on t.r. and prices, Canada's pretty reasonable priced, the only problem is they won't work with American patients at the moment due to liability and insurance not covering american patients, but, if you're in Canada, you won't run into that issue, good luck, i think i still have my research around here if you'de like names and numbers, there's a few websites where they list doctors addresses and numbers by state and have a few in canada, they haven't been updated in a while so you'll have to add about a grand or so to the price
I too remarried to a wonderful man who has no children. I had 2 children from a previous marriage and tied my tubes vowing I would never get pregnant again. After remarrying I did a tubal reversal in 2003 at age 34 and was told I had a 80% chance of getting pregnant. I haven't gotten pregnant and found out I have fibroids and have 1 tube that blocked up on it's own. I have tried IUI and had 1 IVF cycle and stil no baby. I wish I knew then what I know now and that is the $3,500 I spent to reverse my tubes I should have used that and gone straight to IVF since I was younger and all.

I'm not saying it doesn't work because I know people who it's worked for but I guess just not me.
Find out everything like your FSH level, and any other medical issues because there are other options. I will say it was painful but you do get over it. Best of luck and remember do what your heart tells you and just don't give up believing you will conceive. I am from Canada and in 2003 it cost me $3,500.
Check out this website....
www.riobravoreversals.com Google this website
This is where I had my tubal reversal on 2-23-08.It is is Mexico and way more reasonable on prices!!!
Hope this helps!!!!
i had my tubal reversal on 2-20-08,everything went well and mine only cost 4500,went to tennessee to the jackson clinic. mexico just made me nervous. waiting to see if i'm pregnant yet, my cycles were coming a week late for a while,so, not sure
i had my surgery done in 2002, i am now re-married and we would like a baby  together, their is only one thing that is stopping us, we don't have the time or money to go anywhere else but around here. all the hospitals we checked out had the same price $12,000, if i would of known that i would  of never had them done. Please anyone give me advice on what i should do???
I had my tubal reversal surgery Jan. 29, 08. My doctors is in Houston, Texas. The cost was $6000.  His web site is  rosenfeldmd.com for more information.  Good luck
I had my tubal reversal Jan. 29.  Just wanted to say good luck.
i know that their is alot of cheaper dr.'s out there, but their is no way that i could go to any of them, i have to get one close to where i live but they all seem to want the same price, $12,000, i feel cheated cuz it seems everyone else got theirs undone for alot less, what do you think i should do? i will probably just have to get a loan and go from there, huh?
I had my surgery done in Kentucky March 15, 2007. The cost was 7200.00 which includes before care, consultation, hotel stay, surgery, after care and if you don't conceive they work with you to figure out what is going on and will do anything to insure you will have as many babies as you want even if it includes IVF.

If you want more info PM me.. I would be glad to give you the website.
i got mine done in jackson tennessee, not sure where you live,but i'm from michigan and we drove down there it cost about 500 bucks for gas,hotel and we bought canned food or food that just needed hot water added to it and we still had money for a few cheap restaurants. the surgery,all together cost 4500, it was the cheapest i could find,without going to mexico(yikes) and dr. rodgers was fantastic. it's called the jackson clinic, i can give you her number if you'd like, not pregnant yet, but only been 1 month. we moved in with family and saved up in less than 3 months. let me know if you have any questions
i just wanted you to know that i was also really down about the cost of the tubal reversal, and i never considered that insurance would pay for it, but i had a friend that told me she had it done and the insurance paid for everything.  i checked with my insurance BCBS, and they said that they would pay for one (tubal reversal) per lifetime.....i was shocked!!!!  Your plan may not cover it, but it never hurts to check into it
This is all new to me. I had my tubes tied when i was much younger and now i am looking to have then untied. I am a little scared. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advise? thanks
look into the jackson clinic in jackson tennessee, absolutely wonderful place, i went there and had mine done feb.20 of 08. currently my husband and i are working on conceiving. my surgery went great, dr. lisa rodgers is wonderful, the nurses,staff,everyone at the hospital was just wonderful, I can honestly say it was the most warm reception i've ever received at a hospital. Usually there's one person that's really nice but the rest are just mediocre or rude, but not here. the total cost is 4500, that includes the doctor visit,surgery and hospital costs, my recovery was quick and i was feeling great in 4 days, pain wasn't that bad at all plus tennessee is a beautiful state and we really enjoyed our stay,i can recommend a hotel,we stayed in a hotel for 150 the entire week. I can give you her website and number if you'd like.
Hi, I am looking for a place for a tubal reversal and would for you to give me the infromation on the Jackson Clinic, the hotel, and whatever other information that you can offer.  I just got married but had my tubes tied in 2002 because i was in an abusive marriage, but now being married to a wonderful GODLY man we both want another child before I reach age 35 and I only have 3 more years to go.
I just moved to kansas city, mo and im looking for a clinic here that is not priced too high for a tubal reversal. any suggestions?
check out jacksonclinic.com,i send them your tubal ligation papers,dr.rogers checks them and gives them your opinion. if she says youre a good candidate,you pay them a deposit for $1000 and schedule your appointment. when you go down there for your pre-op appointment,you pay the clinic $800,then you go to the hospital to get registered and pay them $2700 and get blood work done. we stayed at the airways motel,it cost $150 for the week. not the best place,but we had no problems.we bought food that only needed water or heat to prepare. we brought a hot plate down there to heat stuff with and saucer pans to heat it in. we brought disposible plates,eating wear,bowls,cups,etc. the doctor and nurses was great. if you or anyone wants more info,feel free to write me an email personally,i'd love to help. ***@****
my surgery is  for aug  11 im so excited had two beautiful babies really young  . i ive in canada  , my surgery is  3300  that includes docter all visits  afer check ups.  my docter is amazing  . if you are in the united states it is more expenive her ebut i do have all the costs  and the docter who will do them in my hospital here in london ontario  not that far from the border  hotel are close adn great prices let me know if you have nay questions .  my email addy is  proud_lil_mama12***@****
Hi everyone,
I am desperatly looking for insight too! I had my tubes tied and burned in 2/04 after 4th child,I had been married to same man since for 20 yrs and am now divorced and dating someone I really would like to marry but he wants to have his own kids. that is kindof our main issue, I don't want to hold him back! I would have no problem to do the tubal reversal but just want to know odds?? I am turning 40 in July too??
I never had any problems getting pregnant before. Please someone help and give whatevere advice you can??
Dawn
I am having my surgery Friday in VA. The doctor costs 3000, the hospital 2200, and the anest 1000.
I had my ligation reversed last month. I was lucky enough for it to be paid for totally by my insurance. I live in PA. I am hoping for a + HPT this month. Having symptoms but just don't know if it is in my head. I have 2 beautiful sons (13 and 9) and have been married for 14 years. Hoping for the best this month! Good luck!!
I had mine done 26feb 2008

currently 6-7dpo

so fingers xxxxx

good luck!!!
what does dpo mean?
I have been in the worst mood and have felt like **** since the TL i am so ready to get the TR i wish i would have never done thisi regret everyday. Anyone know about how much it is in Texas? And has anyone had it done?
I had my done in Houston, Texas.  It cost $6000.  my dr. was dr. Rosenfeld.  His web site is rosenfeldmd.com..good luck.
My doctor told me absolutely no trying this month ( my TR was Friday). Did anyone else get that?
so far that I have read I don't see anyone pregnant yet??? I know I posted on 6/9 to ask what success rates are? no real response. I wish everyone including me the best of luck in getting pregnant after tr, I know due to my age turning 40 that I don't have time to play with. Like I said earlier I met someone who is younger and has no kids and we want to get married and have kids, he wants his own not to adopt. I have 4 already but I'm thinking that love or no love this is a big one for him, he wants 2 kids at least. God willing I would give them to him, but I just don't know. I don't think he will marry me for this reason. You really don't know where life will take you.
Anyway good luck everyone from the bottom of my heart!!!! PLEASE someone let me know if they have heard or have had success with the tr and getting pregnant???????
thanks girl!!! i am looking into it!!
My doctor told me my success rate was 70%. I read on one website that your fertility is restored. So if it was easy to get pregnant before, it should be after. We will start trying in July. We conceived our other two children the first month we tried so I am really curious to see what happens next month.
Dr Berger in NC posts good pregnancy results.
Thank You so much for your response. When did you have your TR done??
I was pretty fertile before, never had problem getting pregnant.. so I hope that would continue.
I think I have looked up DR Berger, do you mind me asking how much??
Here in CA it is 6000.00. But I am willing to travel if price is right!!!
Anyway I wish you all the best of luck in getting pregnant!!! Please keep us up to date to keep the faith going!!
Take Care and have fun trying!!!

i got a bfp this morning,after only 4 months post surgery, still have to go to the obgyn to get it confirmed and make sure it's in the uterus but i have a feeling everything will be just fine!
I had my TR Jan. 29, 2007.  My doctor told me to wait 1 cycle before ttc..he say with younger patients he tells them to wait 2 cycles, but with my age he didn't want to waste time..I haven't gotten pregnant yet, but for some reason or other we haven't bd on the right days..something is always inteferring. Either my husband is away on business or something else.. last month we were moving. but we made our minds up that we aren't going to let anything interfer anymore until we get a bfp. Good luck to you and everyone else.
congratulations!! I am super happy for you.
thank you,i'm so excited,and nauseas,lol,oh well,i'll take it,it just means it's a healthy pregnancy
I had my reversal last month. I am now having spotting ( 4 days before my period is expected to arrive). Did anyone experience an early period the month following surgery...or just spotting?
i had my surgery may 06 in kentucky.  There sure are a lot of posts on here i had no idea so many did reversals but i guess it make sense i had to wait 5 months for the surgery my dr was so busy.......... i paid 6500 includes all follow up etc.. i have had 4 pregnancies all ending in m/c but to no fault of the surgery... if anyone wants any information i may be able to give feel free to pm me... i dont get to the posts that often but i have lots of info.. have also been through ivf at 12 g  in 05.. i would have gone straight to reversal if i knew then what i know now ;)
Hi I live in TX and scheduled to have my TR on hte 17th of November 08 locally in Bedford Tx. I am 37 and will be 38 next year. I lost my 4 month old son last July 24 through SIDS thats why I am having my tubes tied. my email address is ***@**** for anyone wants to contact me
Hi I was wondering who the Dr or the name of the Doctor for your tubal reversal is I regret getting tubal ligation done and want to have mine reversed I am willing to go to Hamilton or TO , or London to get it done ! Which hospital in London. I want to stay in Canada Ontario region and hope to have a great sucess rate. my email is ***@****

Thank-you
i like to get undone my tuble were cut im looking for a doctor in tontro
im 33 of mother of 3 kids i hand my tuble cut i like to have one more i been with him for 10years
Does anyone know of anyone around Ontario, Canada?
I am having one done on Oct 29th, ill keep everyone posted, i am 38 yrs old. got ligation done 2 years ago with clips...so good chance, i am very fertile, have four kids n remarried. i have lots of eggsl this month,6 r 10 left so ia m truly excited n cant wait.
I had a reversal done with Dr. Rosenfeld in Feb. 08, I was pregnant 2 months later. I am currently pregnant with Reversal baby #2. It works I am a living witness, if you can do it, do it.
I am also having the Tubal Reversal surgery soon... Nov 18th by Dr. Lisa Rogers. she said I am an excellent canidate for the procedure. Has anyone else had thissurgery done by her? I know she has alot of sucess stories, but it would be nice to meet someone on here who has. Im very scared, but super excited. I think im more afraid for my fiance' rather than myself.. lol I too am fertile. Too fertile to have stayed with the wrong man. Have 3 boys with my ex husband...Now that I have met my sould mate, Im ready to reopen the baby factory again. I have had my tubes tied ( Filshie clips) since 2003 so 6 yrs of not being prego and cant wait to see my positive preg test. If any who has went through this or is about to go through this and would like some support ( as I do) please feel free to email me anytime @ ***@****. All of my emails are forwarded to my Blackberry so i will get your messages and respond quickly. Well I hope I meet some wonderful ladies off here and we can share our journeys together... good luck and BABY DUST to all of us!!!
I had my tubes tied 6 years ago and will be son going for my surgery to reverse in April 2010. The question I have is how to find out if Im ovulating still when I seem to be a copy cat when comes to having my periods, when im around other women my cycles change...hoping I dont need fertility drugs to conceive...anyone else having the same problem and know where I can look online about this.. Im 30 years old.
Hello, I am new to this. I had my tubal in July of 2002 after my 3rd child. I will be having my reversal done in Bedford TX. in April and I cant wait!! It will cost about $6200 and I think it is worth it. The Dr. my husband and I spoke was very very nice.Has anyone had any succesful pregnancies after reversal.. Just like to get any info..
I want to have a tubal reversal i have 3kids the last one is 12yrs am desperate for 1 or 2 more kids i love kids more than anything wish me luck because am gonna need it
I am looking to get my tubal reversal done in Jackson, I live in TN and noticed several women on here have had theirs done there... May I ask if anyone is pregnant yet after their surgery here? I am extremely anxious, my husband & I only have 1 child together although we are blessed with 4 amazing daughters of mine as well & my husband and I after a lot of soul searching, praying, and talking know that we would like to have another child... Thanks in advance for any help!
Well I finally had my reversal done in Bedford Tx on may 14th. Just waiting for the ok to start ttc...They were sooo great there...
what insurance did you have that covered the tubal ligation reversal?  I am about to have it done and my insurance doesn't cover it
Hey im 32yrs old and dr.Rogers is about to do my surgery this month you can buy a kit to tell you when your ready to conceive but they said when you feel like it to start intercourse.
I would like to get your email as Im in Toronto and want to get the reversal soon but your email has stars around it. My email is ***@****

Im 23 year old but the doctor put bands on my tubes when i was 21 with i kid and i want them off ..  a have ins. with tenncare but tenncare dont pay for tubal-ligation reversal.. can you please give me info on you ins. and a number please my email is ***@**** thanks
Hi, Kimmey
How was ur experience with Dr. Rosenfeld and did you become preganant yet. If you don't mind me asking ur age.

Have any or all of you had any luck since your TR if so how long and did you take any drugs to help you concieve (conceive). I had my TR in 09 and had m/c in 2010 and nothing since. Would love to hear some success stories.

Baby Dust!!!
This sounds awesome. can you send me the info? to ***@****
hi, where did you get your tubal reversal done?
PLEASE EMAIL ME ***@****
PLEASE EMAIL ME ***@****
how much did it cost you?? and im sorry about your son i am trying to get a TR.
I see you said you had it done in Houston I was wondering if you could give me any info
I had my tubes tied in 1989 after 3rd child and had TR in 2009. I got pregnant 8 mths after surgery ended in m/c got pregnant again 2yrs 10mths as I speak I am 8 wks pregnant have bleeding no cramping or clots and can't find baby as I do have fibroids. I am 44 had TR at
42 to those of you that had TR surgery and is having done let it happen on its own its just like birth control your body has to get back normal far as all those hormones but it will happen..
I used Dr Rosenfeld out of Houston 4600.00.
I wish you all best of luck
What clinic did you get your reversal at in Jackson Tennessee?
I had a tubal reversal in 1985 by Dr. A.Allen Seales in Florence Kentucky...had one miss. and then a full term in Dec. of 1989 she is now 22...I had to put up $10,000 and then was reimbursed 80% from my insurance...I had only one tube that was good enough to be re-connected...so yes even with only one tube it works...Good Luck to everyone trying...Alisia
could u please tell me how u got your b/c b/s to pay and did the pay 100% I have b/c b/s of Tennessee??
I HAD MY TUBES TIDE WHEN I WAS 22 AND NOW I REGRET IT. IM MARRIED AND ME AND MY HUSBAND WANT A CHILD TOGETHER. I REGRET DOING IT NOW BUT I KNOW THAT SOMETHINGS ARE DONE FOR A REASON ...... WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY HUSBAND SAYS HE WILL STILL LOVE ME NO MATTER WE KIDS TOGETHER OR NOT BUT I BEG TO DIFFER???? THATS A LIE!!!
what insurance , i am from pa and got 3 beautiful children and just got married 1yr ago to a great man who has been there for me an my kids past 5 yrs and wanna give him a baby so bad had my tubes cut tie burn in 2007
May you plaease send me information regarding the procedure you went through,I am 24 a mother of 2 and looking for some tips regarding reversals
I recommend Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld from Houston Texas, he is a renowned tubal reversal specialist with 30 years of experience and a success rate of more than eighty percent. Dr. Rosenfeld has the technique, the tools and the team to make your tubal reversal a gratifying experience. You can actually go to his website http://****.com/
Im 37 have fibriods and a period that lasts about 3 months long I had my tl in 2000 and want to get a reversal but I was under the impression I was to old whats your take on the age thing I do want to have more kids and would like to do the reversal in 3 months
i went to the website and the cost is $5400
my husband and i live in a very small town and was seriously thinking about having a reversal done so far this is the cheapest we have found but still looking thanks to everyone for all the posts.
Wanting a baby badly i got a tubal libation when i was 18 because i aready had 2 amazing boys and was allergic to birth control and at that time that is all they had for me to be safe the guy i was with was very abusive refused to wear condoms and if he didn't get what he wanted he would take it or cheat i had my libtion 2 weekends after i give bath to my youngest son the day i asked about it to my doctor at the time he said yes and booked it asap i was not told tell years down the road it would cost and that they cut the tube as well Now im 35yrs old and have meet my soul mate we want to have a baby together to add to the love we have for each other and more now that we are looking in to getting them untied we are being told its going to cost over 4500 dollars its just not fair that at that time i had no choice but to get it done i have gone to see a OBGYN and she said she would write a letter to the government on my b have and now im being told by the government she never send in a letter for me i think it is wrong for a doctor to play with someone's emotions like that and my family doctor at the time as im getting a new doctor next month the family doctor when i asked him for his help he said know he wont help when he was the one who agreed to the surgery he says its not a good thing because i have bipolar but i have a low level of it and im on 1 pill for it i think it is so so wrong to play with someone like that i was only 18 and had alot of people in my ear telling me to get it done . i want to have a baby so bad but believe i shouldnt have to pay for it do you think women should have to pay to get there tubes untied if they have a medical condition this is a big issue and no one is talking about it so now i'm please help me .. from London .On Canada
Hi I am looking into tubal ligation reversal. Wondering what are the prices in Alberta?
Hi I am interested in getting this procedure I live in Pa and every affordable place so far (Tx, Tenn,etc). Does anyone know somewhere closer and affordable
Hi, I had my tubes ties in 2009 after the birth of my son, a year later his father committed suicide :'( I am now married to a wonderful man whom has no children of his own. we are scheduled for an initial consultation in Clive, Iowa this month. I am 31 now, was 27 when had tubes tied....just want more information please
Did you find any doctor in Canada? If so how much did it cost you.. Did you get pg yet? Any luck?
I had my tubes tied  at 26 and I was in a very abusive relationship and got out of it. Now I have been married to my husband for almost 4 yrs, I want to get them untied. The problem is the money and every time we save something comes up to spend it on a bill. So I envy for those women who are getting them untied. I wish I was you. So good luck and hopefully by some miracle someone will help me out.

Susan
I have been researching tubal reversal clinics...I did see about the clinic in Mexico but it makes me a little nervous to go out of country for surgery. Did you have a good experience and has it worked? My tubes are burned and I don't know how much is left to reconnect.
Hi, just seen your post. Can you tell me the name of your Dr. in Bedford? I have spoken to Dr. Rosenfeld in Houston. When I first contacted the clinic I was told I was an excellent candidate, the next day I received a call and was told my best option was to go the INVITRO route, so I am trying to get a second opinion.