Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
April IVF'ERS...?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Viewing 401-467 comments:
I am 9dp3dt and I spotted little pink when I wiped everytime from this afternun. I somehow am not crying. May be because I was crying for no reason the past three days. My nurse had told me earlier even if people bleed they have to take the blood test and they have gotten positive.
I dont know what is my case. I was devastated when I found the spottinng. I was wondering how it happened cuz I am on progesterone suppositories. I have heard people spotting when they come off the suppositories. Really confusing.
hello i know what you are going through and the 2ww is the worst part of ivf , I bled at 13dpt(spotting on this day) but all my tests are positive and i went on to bleed for 4 days like a normal light period. was told was either implantation bleeding but more probable hormonal/breakthrough bleeding(your hormones arent high enough to completely stop your monthly period although you are pregnant). don't despair but again you wont know until you test. sending you loads baby dustxxxx let me know how you gox melissa
Yesterday was 12dper and it is my average luteal phase so I was really worried out when I saw the spotting. But after I put the suppository yday afternun, night and this morning it stopped. So hopefully its nothing to worry about.
I do not have sore breasts which makes me a little angry about the whole IVF process. I need something to surely know I am preggo. I dont want to take HPT.
Btw when you spotted 13dpt what was the color of it? Also when did you start having breast soreness/ nipple irritation?
hello, my bleeding was bright red, just like a normal period, no clots and i had no cramps atall. Thd difference from me to you is that i took a hpt and had a blood test before bleeding started. I then ofcourse was worried as it was bright red but on the plus side i had no cramps, anyway like i said 3 days later to be safe i had tests done again and all doubling up and rising. Bleeding stopped and we hav scan wed 12th. my bleeding i think was hormonal/breakthrough bleeding(like a normal period what some women still get when they are pregnant)  Yours sounds like could be implantation bleeding and it was spotting, if it was brownish thats another reason it could be this type of bleeding. I have no breast soreness or nipple irritation at the moment, not everyone gets that this early on sometimes can be after 8-10 weeks, everyone is different  , let me know how you go, we're on early days and even though i'm a couple weeks on from you, it is still that much early, take care melissax
My test is not until 13dpt so I just have to wait till the blood work. Thanks for replying. I will let you know.
Im 8dpt of 3dt and not feeling much cramps anymore. Sometimes a shooting twinge here and there. My breasts are soar from progesterone couldnt even sleep on them. No more urination like the first couple days. No spotting  at all. Just doing my 2ww I cooked for Mothers day for my Mother n law and her 3 boys.. I put on a happy face but in my heart i just have this worry cause it's my first IVF and i can;t imagine how a lot of you been through it multiple times its so emotional, physically and mentally taxing. God bless you all are So strong.

BD to everyone.. (oops a little for me too!)***
We had our 2nd ultrasound today....the twins are doing well!  They have more than doubled in size since last week, and their heart beats are strong.  The doctor says at this point we have no risk of vanishing twin, and there is less than 5% chance of miscarriage.  I am feeling good, and very relieved today.  I feel so blessed and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers...we are proof -- God is listening!!  ;)

Next week we will get to see their arms and legs and they said they might even move for us....WOW!  ;)
Anyone do IVIG with there IVF?  We are considering doing it for our first try.  Any comments, recommendations, suggestions?  
Congrats, that is awesome news!  Best of luck!

All:  Beta today, numbers are good 695.5, another test wed to make sure everything is doubling.  May 28th ultrasound!
I feel so blessed!

Here is to wishing the rest of you out there sticky baby dust!

Heather
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

TALK  ABOUT A LIL' BIT MORE OF YOUR EXPERIENCE!! HOW MANY THEY PUTTED IN? HOW WERE YOUR SYMPTOMS BEFORE YOU KNOW THAT YOU WERE PREGNANT??.....
WELL  IA M  VERY NERVEOUS! ON WENDSDAY I  WILL AVE  MY PREGNANCY TEST... I  DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT OR THINK... I  DON'T KNOW IF THE EMBRYOS GET IMPLANTED...... I  SPENT 9 DAYS AT  HOME TAKING IT EASY...TODAY WAS MY FIRST  DAY AT WORK SINCE THE  TRANSFER  AND  I  WAS AFRAID OF EVERYTHING!!!.   I KNOW THAT IF THEY GOT  IMPLANTED , THAT HAPPENDS IN THE FIRST 3  DAYS!!.........  

Thanks for the kind words -- we are very excited!  

We had 2 5 day blasts put in, but we are working with a surrogate.  They took the embryos from my husband and I, and implanted them into her.  They both took, so we are expecting twins.

She was REALLY tired and REALLY hungry and that was her big indicator that she was pregnant.  Since she already has kids, she had an idea of how her body would react.  She has not had a lot of other symptoms and we are now at week 7 (embryonic age).  

We chose not to do a home test, because if the response was ++ and it was wrong we would be bummed, and if it was -- and wrong, we would have been bummed..so it made sense for us to wait for the blood as the official test.  I am glad we did even though it was super hard to wait the 2 weeks.

I wish you the best of luck and a +++ on Wednesday!
what an awful day, lost our embie, been to hospital nothing in the womb and i should be 5 weeks, don' understand when i bled last week, had a blood test an my hcg was going up, now the reason i thought omething was wrong as my digital test said 1-2 weeks and last week it said 2-3 weeks(4-5 weeks in preg terms)so was worried levels dropping, had scan and they said must have had early miscarriage, is anyone else going through this at moxx
I am sorry to hear about your m/c.  Just about the same thing happened to me last July.  I had my levels drawn 14 days beta 112, drawn a week later  1,200 then the week of ultrasound, started lightly bleeding... when we went in for ultrasound, the RE couldn't see anything.  I know how hard this year, and I send you my support.  I know there is nothing we can say or do to comfort you.  But we are all here for you when you need us.

xoxo,
Melissa
thank you, feel empty and don't understand really as i bled alittle last week, day after getting bfp, well i had blood test 3 days later and hcg levels rising high! now i have an ultrsound today because the digital test says pregnant 1-2(3-4 weeks in preg terms) and should be 5 weeks and cannot see any sac. but i havnt bled at all since my blood was tested and levels rising, it must have just died.xxx
I don't know, w/ mine, i did the light bled, went in for ultrasound they saw nothing... had me stop meds, and I starting miscarrying a couple of days later... Again, I am so sorry.  Did you call your RE to see what they said?
I am sorry!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Will you get the pregnancy blood test results on the same day? I mean do they tell in the lab itself or call back home?
9dptof3dt .. Af if i think about it is scheduled to arrive today.. Im getting cramps like she wants to come..but im on progesterone so no!. I broke down and did a hpt .. HEY! it was in the house and negative,,,,But seeing different posts some say its too early some say not.. I dunno.. at least i know the hcg is out of my system...I will try again maybe 12dpt..Im scheduled Sunday for my Beta,,, Luckliy im off from work,, But you know whats funny its not meant for me to take i think cause the control line didnt come up.. so it didnt work.. Then i poas and nothing showed up at all.. SMH<<< clear blue easy.

Well Bd to all
I' M SO SORRY MEL!!  BUT GOD IT'S THE ONE WHO  KNOWS EVERTHING!!  BE  STRONG!  HUGS & KISSES!
CAN  SOMEBODY TELL ME IF BEFORE  OF YOUR PREGNANCY  TEST DID YOU  HAVE  CRAMPS!!?  IS THAT NORMAL...   AM STILL HAVING CRAMPS...  ?  DID SOMEBODY GET +++ HAVING CRAMPS THE DAY BEFORE OF YOUR TEST??

A  NEEDD ANSWERSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had a FET, 5 day transfer.  my first IVF i had bad cramps and started bleeding and PG test was negative, this time I had a FET and nothing, a little cramping the day of and the day after the transfer but other than that no cramps, no implantation bleeding either, nothing.  I was belching a lot, constipated and bloated, that was it, I took a PG test 8 days after the transfer and it was positive.

berrykiss:  My doctors office is right under the place where I get my bloodwork so everything gets done in house and i hear much sooner than usual.
well my cramps goes on and off not all days but i am having it.... no bleeding.. sore breasts...and thats all.....and tomorrow is my pregnacy  test and i am so nervous!!
Did they order you bed rest or something after you had bleeding? I am so sorry again for what you are going through. Take good care.
hello, didnt offer anything really, i'm just another number, just dont want to get out from under my duvet, dont understand what happened. my levels wen up after bleeding then 9 days later negative/just very sad and no another day is here and i have to carry on.u tke care tooxxx
So sorry for what you are going through.  Lots of hugs to you.
Im the same way with my cramps right now,, I am 10ptof3dt and im getting AF like cramps on and off. Yesterday and today I kept checking if i had AF but nothing and i probably wont cause the PIO im taking.I had to take tylenol cause the cramps were so bad. Im getting very depressed right now. I go back to work this evening and just wait till Sunday....

BD***
I GOT POSITIVEEEEEEEE ON MY PREGNANCY TESTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!!!! WE HAVE TO COMO BACK AGAIN ON FRIDAY FOR THE FOLLOW UP BLOOD TEST TO MAKE SURE THAT MY HORMONES LEVELS ARE GOING UO AND GOOD!!!!
Congrats on your BFP!!!!!!!! :  )
You know what i didn't know we counted the day after transfer as day1? smh...im 10dpt then..today,, Yeah im slow.. Well i got till Sunday to know the truth.. B/w in the a.m. Not getting bad cramping anymore just on and off slightly.. breast arent soar much anymore.Hope its a good sign not a bad one,, This 2ww is terrible.. the worst...Congrats!!! CAMY81... BFP!!!

BD*** to all
Congrats on your BFP!!!!
huge congratulations!! so happy for you, really, really hope it sticks and you get passed the next few weeks with no problems.keep me up dated on this site, although my 7 week pregnancy is no more its lovely to read happiness from other mums to be.xxx melissa
he girls! So i am now on my 2ww. FET was on Wednesday things went great. Hubby is out of town will return on sunday. My girlfriend went with me and have been in bed or the couch since. Went for acupuncture that day and have been really relaxed. I have a good feeling this time. 4th time will be the charm i know it. My 8 year old put his hand on my belly yesterday and said" stick i want a brother and sister, Twin mom twins"
jaime242:  Good luck to you.  BD and sticky babies your way.  Acupuncture is great.  Loved it!

All:  Just an update.  Heard the heartbeats of the twins today.  We're looking good :)
Awesome! Next week we go for our US and get to see and hear our heartbeats too! How far along are you? I am 8 weeks and 5 days!
I am 8 weeks and 2 days.  You're going to be so amazed when you hear the heartbeats.  It's when it really really hit us.  Let us know how it goes.
Well Sunday the Nurse called me back and its a negative!!! The re wants me to get Af and then make an office appointment.. I need to tell her.. I need a break... Too Too much emotionally and physically..  And My insurance is depleted.. So now for hubbys but we have to find out what is covered and what is not.. If we have to put more $$ away or what...

So thanks to all for being supportive... And babydust!
I am sorry to hear about your BFN.  I know how hard it can be.  Take a little time, regroup and then get back in the game.  Your dream will come true soon!
OMG!!  I AM SO  HAPPYYYYY!!!  THEY DID MY FOLLOW UPS ON MY BLOOD TEST AND IS INCREISING  VERY WELL THANKS  TO GOD!!!
THEN DAY  THAT  THEY CALL ME TO LET ME  KNOW THAT I WAS PREGNANT I WAS 279 (WENDSDAY) , ON FRIDAY I WAS 678!!!....  AND ON MONDAY I WAS 2,654!!!!!!!!   THEY  SET UP  MY FIRST SONOGRAM OR ULTRASOUND  ON JUNE 1ST.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEARD THAT  ON TWINS THE LEVELS A DOUBLE....  SO I  WANT  TO KNOW HOW WERE  YOUR LEVELS??
The day I found out I was pregnant my levels were 334.  Three days after my level was 1,293.  A week later it was 17,322.

Are you hoping for twins?  I kind of had a feeling that I was having twins based on my levels and what everyone else was saying.  Also I've been extremely tired from the beginning.  Come to think of it a week after ovulation I slept through out the whole weekend and now I know it's from the implantation.  

Can't wait to hear how your ultra sound goes.  Keep us posted.

BD and sticky babies to all!

Your levels are supposed to be doubling every three days -- whether or not it's twins.  We were told that high numbers are not always indicative of twins...good luck if you get them though!!
Ok so I soooo cheated this morning Im not due for my blood work until Monday. So I peed on the sick and BAMO!!! Two lines!!!! Its POSITIVE!!! 4th time was the charm. and my first fet.
Funny the test changed while i was still on the toliet. Guess that means my levels are high :)
Just had our US at 9 weeks 5 days and both babies look great! So much more to see heads, legs, and arms especially. One of them was moving like mad and the other just looked bored! How are things with you? Oh I'm also done with my RE and progesterone inserts Whooo hooo~
Congrats!!! Let us know what your #'s are!! Yipee!!!
Happy Monday to you all..I hope you are feeling good, positive, and that you are keeping the faith that you will soon have your dreams come true!

Have a wonderful, blessed day  :)
Ugh went for blood work and my hcg level is 13!!!! WTF. I have to go back on wednesday and see if it has gone up. I took another test yesterday and still got a positive.
Here's to hoping it goes up on Wednesday!!!  Keep the faith!!!  This can be sooo maddening sometimes!! UGH!  I wish you a big health # on Wednesday!!
Went to my last RE appointment today.  I'm 9w5d and the twins are doing great as well!  One was moving around and the other was just relaxing, just like yours :)   I'm also done with the progeterone.  

Jaime242:
Good luck on Wednesday.  
HOW IS EVERYBODY DOING HERE!!!!!!!!!
I AM GETTING  READY  FOR TUESDAY TO SEE MY LITLLE BEAN OR WHO KNOWS """""" MY LITTTLE BEANSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"""""""""
i finish my progesterone on friday.
first midwife appt on 6/1...get to discuss all the lovely testing we can do due to my "advanced age' of 35...
:)
so far so good
jenna
edd 12/25/10
I took a home test again today and it was neg. :( Looks like i had another chemical pregnancy. We will see what they say tomorrow. I will keep doing it until it works.
I am so sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy.  Does that just mean exactly?  That the baby just doesn't form?  I am glad to hear your not giving up.  We can't... we have to keep trying... no matter what!
HI, I am not doing IVF because my insurance doesn't pay for it. I am doing follistim with IUI. Today will be the third day of 150iu, I go back on Saturday to check the follicle(s). BTW I have PCOS and I am 26. Any advice?
Hey ladies..are you getting ready for your first trimester screening?  Have you done any homework yet?  I am getting to that point -- our surrogate has her first OB appointment on Tuesday, and we will schedule testing as appropriate from there.  I hear so many stories...it makes me nervous!  I am 37, and don't really know what to expect or what the different risk levels are.  I am not sure how different things will be given we are having twins....

Thoughts???

Thanks!
I just did my blood screening this week and in two weeks go for the ultrasound. For twins we just have a greater chance for preterm labor and preclampsia. I am feeling a little nervous but am concentrating on the joy of being pregnant (most days):) Good luck to you!
I know there are additional complications with the pregnancy overall, just curious how you are feeling about the screening tests, and if you would do an amnio....
Hi Ladies!
I go in for my screening with OB on Tuesday as well and then I have an appt with perinatolgist on June 11th.  I'm not sure of what tests I'm going to be doing.  I've been reading about them and their risks.  I think I will wait to hear from my OB/specialist as to which tests she thinks I should do.  I wouldn't want to put the babies in harm when it's not neccessary.  Please let me  know which tests you guys decide to do.

I really think we don't have much to worry about.  Especially since we will be monitored so much more closely and often.  Having extra appointments will put our worries to ease I'm sure.  

Waitingforgoodnews: Let us know how your appt goes on Tuesday.
Everyone ok??  Board is awfully quiet!
many of us are over on the dec babies pregnancy board :)
WE JUST HEARD OUR BABY HEART BEATS FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST TUESDAY, EVERYTHING IS GOING EXELLENT THANS TO GOD!!! TOMORROW I WILL HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY OB/GYN AND ON MAY 9TH WILL MY 2ND ULTRASOUND WITH MY FERTILITY DOCTOR!!!!
My daughters numbers were like 179 1st time 423 2nd time and she just gave birth to triplet girls so you never know about those numbers! Good luck to you all.
HOW  IS EVERYBODY DOING HERE! WHY SO QUITE/?
WELL I AM IN  MY 10TH WEEK, I AM SO HAPPY IN 3 WEEKS I'LL COME BACK TO MY OB/GYN FOR THE  " BIG
SONOGRAM/ULTRASOUND", HOPEFULLY WE'LL KNOW THE SEX OF THE BABY!!!  TODAY WIL BE MY LAST DAY  USING THE PROGESTERONE AND ESTRADIOL!!! :)
Hello, i don't expect anyone reads this thread much as its older, but the page that you put on for the way a 3 day and a 5 day transfer develops is so good and helpful, do you know how the 2 day transfer goes, should i just take off a day in development i.e gets to blastocast stage on day 4 if i had transfer 5 days ago, you count the day after transfer as day 1. had transfer friday so follow tues would be blasto stage? in second ivf 2ww and very nervous and apprehensive, lots love melisssa
Did my transfer on 04/09 and this is our third ivf and starting to have lots of cramping and I know it can be good or bad. I want to do a hpt so bad but don't know if I should our not yet. Did hcg on04/02 so it should be out of my system. Going crazy.
I also have extra meds for cheap if anyone wanted them. Have follistum pen and needles, hcg, bravelle, menopur. Let me know if your interested. Can get more details.
Hi, I am new to this site. I had egg retrieval 8 April and transfer 11 April, 3 day transfer. I had an 8 cell and 6 cell replaced and now on day 5 post transfer. I had cramping and bloating certainly for the first 3 days and had bed rest during those 3 days but raking things very easy, no hoovering, heavy lifting, etc. Since the cramps for 3 days, I have had no other symptoms. The wait us killing me and I as much as I'm trying to stay really positive, I'm becoming a bit down thinking it hasn't worked. Has anyone else had no symptoms after 3dpt? This is my first cycle on ivf(icis). Xx
Viewing 401-467 comments: