Can I get pregnant with a large fibroid?
Hi guys I am new to this and not sure if I posted it in the right section so sorry if I did not.  I am 30 years old, in 2005 I got pregnant and had a miscarriage at that time we found out that I have a fibroid about 12-14 cm.  The doctors told me that this should not hender my process of conciving in the future.  Here it is 2009 and I still have not been able to get pregnant since. My periods are regular most of the time there are time that they are 5- days early, which at first concerned me because of implantation bleeding, so we did test and they were negative,  I am just assuming it was caused by stress.  My big question is are their women out there that havegotten pregnant with this large of a fibroid before or will I never get pregnant till this thing is taken out?
I have 5 fibroids and I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd child.  Do they know if your fibroid is in the uterine cavity?  if it is then it may be a problem but if it's in the uterine wall like mine then most likely it isn't causing the problems.
I have the same situation. I have a large fibroid about the size of a tennis ball now, and I'm going back and forth with doctors saying I should take it out and other doctors saying just leave it alone. I also was pregnant and it ended in a miscarriage on the 17th week, this was about four months ago. I only learned about the fibroid on my first ultrasound. The doctors said that the fibroid was most likely not the cause, but no one can say for sure. They still don’t know the cause. It's really frustrating. I just went back the doctor this week and they did another special saline ultrasound and he said that he recommends removing it, but that he was going to ask a group of experts their opinion and would get back to me. I'm still waiting for the call. I really don’t want to have that operation, but if that's what is going to take for me to have a full term healthy pregnancy then I will do what I have to do. I’m just going to leave it up to God, I really can’t decide.  I recommend you get different opinions as far as doctors. Best of luck to you, let me know what happens if you like, it seems like our cases are pretty similar.
Sincerely,
Hopeful K