Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Chiropractic and Conception

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Chiropractic and Conception

Does anyone know anything about the benefits of chiropractic for fertility?  I'm TTC now (obviously) and my chiro insists that it's one of the best things I can do to conceive because it puts everything in line where it should be (especially for me b/c my pelvis is frequently out of line and this, I guess, affects the reproductive organs).  His wife is also a chiropractor and has had 2 kids, getting adjusted multiple times per week, so I guess that's a good testament.  I should O today or tomorrow, and I have a sheduled adjustment Thursday, so maybe that will help things???  Just curious!  Thanks!
Hi, My father is a Chiropractor. He uses the activator method. What kind of chiropractic does your chiropractor use? Some Chiropractic really does help with conception. The idea behind it is that the flow of your nervous system and the nerves can be constricted by subluxations(bones that are out of alighnment)those bones can put pressure on the nerve and those nerves go to every organ and system in your body. If someone has a misalignment that is causeing nerve interference with something to do with the reproductive system, it could definately help. I have heard of alot of women getting prego after getting adjusted. I think it does matter what kind of Chiroprator you go to though. Some are definately better than others. Uppercervical Chiropractors I know have helped with this. My father started out as an uppercervical Chiropractor before he retired. Anyway ask your Chiropractor what method he uses. I would love to know what he does. I could look it up or maybe I"ll know if it is a good thing for fertility. Seeing him or her 3 times a week seems a little overkill. THat is just my opinion. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
Well, on their business cards it says "Gonstead Chiropractors." Not sure what that means.  If this helps, typically, he adjusts my neck (usually out of alignment) and my upper back and then on a table, I lay sidways twist my legs and he puts my pelvis back into line.  
Also, this might sound dumb, but if I go Thursday, and get adjusted the usual way for my pelvis, will it hurt my chances of implantaion or not affect it at all ( will be about 3DPO or so)????  I would hate not to go, because I'm finally making progress and not in as much pain as I've been in for the last couple of weeks!

Thanks for your help with this!
I have heard of Gonstead. I think they are pretty good. I don't think it would hurt anything going. I would maybe ask them why your not holding your adjustments a little longer. I don't know how long you have been going? Or why you started going? Is your Chiropractor aware that you are TTC. These are just my opinions. I hope it helps. If they are helping you then they are probably good. I just worry sometimes, because there are so many Chiropractors out there that say, "to get you better, this is going to take a year and I need to see you 3 or 4 times a week." A lot of them are after money. Adjustments should start to hold and stay in place. Maybe not for ever, but for a while. If you over adjust, then things can get Hyper-mobile. The ligaments can get all stretched out and then the bones don't have anything to hold them in place. Good luck.
Thansk for the info.  My Chiropractor is actually a friend of mine from HS and my insurance has run out for visits, so he is adjusting me for free (probably a tax write-off), so I don't think it's money he's after.  
I have talked to him about TTC, but maybe I should bring it up again.
Also, you bring up a good point about the adjustments not holding.  Maybe I should look into that too...
Thanks again!!!
I'm glad he's a friend. That is really nice of him to be helping you for free. I hope I did not offend you. I just hate the Chiropractors that take advantage of people. I'm sure he knows what is best for you hes the Doc. not me.
How long have you been ttc? Do you have any kidos?
No, you didn't offend me at all, actually the chiropractor I went to before my friend was done with school did that to me.  I think he was out for the money.
We have been TTC for 10 months, with a few issues, like little to no CM and a short luteal phase.  No kids yet, we just got married last year.