Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Clomid/Ovidrel/Timed intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Clomid/Ovidrel/Timed intercourse

I am 38 and have recently met with a fertility specialist.  All test results have been normal for hubby and myself and we have two children aleady together.  We are to start 100mg clomid with Ovidrel injection.  Have you heard what the success rate is for this step of treatment?
I don't know the statistics. There are so many factors that play in that it is probably hard to generalize. I have heard before that if a certain protocol is going to work, it is likely to work in the first 3 cycles. If it hasn't worked after 3 tries the chances of it working go down.

I did 4 cycles of clomid and although I produced lots of great follicles it did not work for me because it thinned my uterine lining. This is a common side effect of clomid. Your doc may do a mid-cycle u/s to monitor your lining. If not, if you notice that you periods are shorter that can indicate that it is affecting your lining (mine were only 1-2 days).  If that is an issue there are other drugs they can switch you to. Good luck!  
Not with Clomid, but I did Femara which is very similar to Clomid. In my second cycle of Femara we combinded it with Ovidrel, and I am now 5 weeks pregnant. Good luck!
I have too hear that clomid can dry the cm but I have also researched that Robitussin can safely alter this glitch.  I do have to have bloodwork on day 3 & 10 and back for an ultrasound on day 12 or 14.  

I have heard that Femara is also a great drug and that has also been mentioned after 3 months of clomid.  The Ovidrel is suppose to finish of the maturity of healthy eggs and release them into the fallopian tubes.  We could also try IUI but hubby is not comfortable with process yet.  IUI would increase our chances up to 45% our first cycle!!  With clomid and Ovidrel we supposedly have a 35% chance but I can not find that figure anywhere else, lol..

Thank you both for your comments back.  We have been waiting 10yrs to complete our family and with two teenagers it was beginning to look bleak till Bethesda Reproductive Clinic came into our lives.

DollMommy-CONGRATS!!
I am in the same boat that hubby is against IUI and IVF. so intercourse only.

My doctor gave me 100mg clomid from day 3 for 5 days and Gonal-F on day 9 and then Ovidrel. and then prometrium.

I am just wondering why I need ovidrel since I am not going to the retrieve the eggs or IUI.