Corpus Luteum...how long do they stay?
I was just wondering...how long can a corpus luteum stay in the ovary after ovulation?  I understand that it can stay longer when you get pregnant as it is responsible for the progesterone hormone for the implantation.  How about if there is no pregnancy and menstruation comes?  Will it go away with the menstruation?  
Yes, the corpus luteum begins dying and will continue to die unless conception occurs. It will be done by the time af arrives.
Thanks, Tina.  I feel relieved with your response because in my u/s last Monday, they found a corpus luteum in my right ovary.  This is where they also found the hemorrhagic cyst last month, but then my period came two days after they found that cyst.  So, this corpus luteum must be the recent one, and the hemorrhagic cyst they found last month resolved on its own when my period came.  I know in my heart that I ovulated last Sunday, but I still keep asking questions to confirm it.  Thanks, Tina! :-)  

By the way, I have read your post...I am sooo sorry.  I just whispered a prayer for you.  :-)  God bless you!