Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
DHEA and IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 601-644 comments:
That is such wonderful news to hear.  Congratulations on your daughter!  Please could you advice how much aspirin and how much Vitamin D did you take.  Much appreciated.
Marinapos
Thanks so much !! For aspirin I took 81mg and for vitamin D I took 1000 IU.

I hope this helps !!
Hi, I am new to this forum but have been an avid reader for a while now. I am 31 with a diagnosis of premature ageing (aging) ovaries and I am a poor responder to IVF. The most eggs I have ever had retrieved was 3 and that was only once. The last cycle I did was actually cancelled and converted to IUI after 25 days of stims because by then there was still only 1 follicle at 16mm and not much else going on.

I have actually decided to have a break for the last few months, been on Chinese herbs as well as DHEA. My questions are:

- Is it absolutely necessary to take DHEA for 4 months or will an effect be seen after 3 months? I am really anxious to get back into IVF as have been told time and time again that I am runnning out of time.
- If I starts an IVF cycle after 3 months of DHEA, when do I stop the DHEA. I have read in the posts that the effects ware off quite quickly so just wondering if I should take it through the stims and up to Egg retrieval. Also, if the transfer was not a success...after being off DHEA for the 2ww, would I be able to go back on without having lost all the effects of the previous few months?

I am at a point now where I decide if I go back to IVF end of March, after stopping Jan 8th (last neg preg test)...or whether I was a further 40 days (that's how long my natural cycles are!) to try after what would have been more than 4 months of DHEA. It's just so hard to make the decision...especially with western Drs saying I need to keep trying cycle after cycle, and Chinese herbalist saying I should wait...
I too am new to the forum but extremely interested. my levels all appear to be be fine, but according to the spedialist after egg retrevials by progesterone levels drop.  I've had 6 failed IVF cycles, our 3rd cycle we got pregnany, but at week 6, no heart beat - miscarriage durign week 7.  Now a friend in the medical field has mentioned this DHEA level? where do I start?  I'm 40, respond extremely well to protocal meds -usually between 12-23 eggs, but at the embryo transfer stage we lose a lot..we usually only have between 2-7 healthy embryos for transfer, and never have we had any healthy enough for freezing.  HELP!!!
Hi, I took 25mg DHEA for two days earlier this week but stopped because I felt really "off". I was a little dizzy and tired also worried it would affect my Testosterone. I pulled my old blood work results from last year and my T was at 76. Is that considered too high to start taking DHEA? I also take vitex before bed. but a very low dose. is that safe to take with DHEA?
I am not sure what to do? I hope someone is still reading this thread and can give a little advice. thanks!

Desiree
Hi everyone!
Hope you´re all doing weel!

Me and my wife are having a very hard time at the moment. We don´t know where to go.... Please if you have a minute over be so kind and help us out someway

Thank you so much in advance

Little background history
Me and my wife live in Sweden

Wife Age:30, Children:0, Treatment:IVF: 5, Response:Partial,
Issue:We have made 5 IVF treatments (ICSI).

The problem is that none of the egg gets fertilized.Only on one occasion there has been a fertilization and that was on the the second day. One embryo with qualitypoints 2.9 out of 10 was returned. But there was no
pregnancy.The treatment has been like this
this the latest time:Menopur 450IE/day
and with antagonist (Orgalutran 0.25) from the fifth day.
The last time we was att the clinic they took blodsample to see results from the thyroid gland. the test showed a high value on 6.5. After medication with levaxin it looks good. But still there is no fertilization.
The Doctors belive there is something wrong with the eggs because the sperms looks good and everything else looks good as well. Eggfactor!
None of us has got any diseases of any kind
Specific Question:

We have heard DHEA being a good alternative for infertility. Is there any negative/positive aspects? This is very hard for me and my wife. Please help us somehow! Read about the CHR clinic in NY http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com, anyone having experience from this clinic?

* Is there possible to order it on the Internet (prescription)?
* How should one take the pills and for how long?
* Is it necassarry to take bloodsamples tests every week, is there any specific values onoe should measure with the DR?
* Do you take DHEA the hole month or should one stop when menustrating?
* How much (dose)?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks in advance and have a good day!

Regards
Elias
Yes. Women have gotten pregnant naturally on DHEA but I don't know them personally. This is published in the studies of CHR.

If you have elevated anticardiolipin please send your bloodwork to Dr. Coulim - you can find her on the net - an expert in autoantibodies. You need special attention to avoid a) failed implantation b) early miscarriage AND c) heart defects to the fetus. At your age I would not do another cycle without including this treatment to ensure you waste no time to have the full chance of success.

I don't come back here too often, sorry, but I do wish you all the very best.
Anitasto
It's so great to see this thread is still helping so many. I think of you all so often and have made it a mission to publish my story because of all your support.

I am writing my book! I completed the draft last year and am now workshopping the chapters at thenextbigwriter.com titled
Infertility: My Dreams of Family Undaunted. My pen name is Anna Bells.
Just wanted you all to know I'm still here and you have all spurred me on to share my story and do more for the cause of fertility.

I notice that some posts are addressed to me, so while I'm here I want to reinforce:  Doctors need to fully test patients' endocrine system and autoimmune levels BEFORE doing IVF. First round IVF success rates are under 10% for the population who recieve IVF, in part because their condition is not fully diagnosed. Such testing, along with thorough anatomical tests, is the only way to ensure your condition is clear and you get appropriate treatment the first time. Without this testing, you stand a very good chance of losing your greatest asset: TIME.

You can go back through this blog to find the list of tests for endocrine function and autoimmunity. MANY of your concerns I believe can be identified by these tests, and such testing is where I would always recommend you start.

Stay strong, be assertive with your doctor, and build support. Your family is counting on you! ;)

Yours Truly,
Anitasto

I have taken D.H.E.A  for 4 days  now  I jumped into it before haveing blood tests done .
my question is if i stop  the dhea today and have a blood test tommorow will it show high levels dhea for this small amount of time or should i wait a week or so to have my blood work done.
I  self prescibed but will be seeing a doctor to  get a prescription because the one i took wasnt micronized not sure if it maters.

I would appreciate any advice from you ladies that are taking this supplement for fertility and aged 40 +

I should also add the four days I was taking DHEA  was 3X25mg  Daily.
I hope i get some advice as i want to do blood work on my DHEA
If you are supposed to be on DHEA for 4 months before and IVF, but you are actively trying, should you go off the DHEA for the 2 week wait?  I'm 40 and don't feel like I have 4 months to lose by not trying and taking DHEA...
I had failed IVF cycle and I was so dispointed that I started searching on net for any treatments, and came across that DHEA is good and it does not have any side effects... whoever is using it best of luck to you guys!!

I had blood work done and my doctor does not want to prescribe DHEA  because of my
my Free Androgen index  is High and my Sex Hormone Binding Globulin is Low. but if you look at my Testosterone level its in the normal range????

RESULTS BELOW
My Testosterone   2.1   nmoL/L  Reference ranges  (< 2.6)
My Sex Hormone Binding Globulin  SHBG  18   nmoL/L  Reference ranges (20 -118)
My Free Androgen Index 12   Reference ranges (<7.2)
DHEAS    9.8    umoL/L       reference ranges ( 0.9-9-12)

The reason i want to take Dhea is because  I have 3 ICSI  IVF Failures & 1 IUI  failure my age is not on my side being 46 this year...
If I do IVF again for the last time or lucky to conceive naturaly i want to give myself better chance / odds.
I had no problem with my eggs although only a few eggs  5, 4. 2  at  three Egg retrieval  they did fertilze my embryos were good so i was told all divided into 8 cells etc  my problem I think was implantation  issues ouchy
Im not  from The US OR Canada  the  only  way you can get DHEA is on prescription  in my country not over the counter like you ladies from America. or Canada.
I came to this site because alot of you ladies have taken DHEA and have  vast more knowledge then some Medical Doctors that do not know  this  DHEA Supplement what it can do to  help with Quality and Quantity of Eggs.

Anyways I  Hope someone can help me out what do you think of my blood work and my doctors decision not to prescribe it for me.
Thanks in Advance
Has someone got a positive hpt before the first blood test? I am going crazy on this. Thanks!
I have been taking DHEA 75 mg for several months. I was able to concieve (conceive) naturally, but I had a miscarry. Can you be on DHEA for long periods? Does it still help egg quality,etc? I am 41. Thanks/.
Dear Anitasto,

I have not checkef/posted here for long time. But wanted to update you and the others.
From Jan- April 2009 i was with CHR and gone through lot of tests before IUI. i also was taking DHEA. i got pregnant, but ended up with miscarriage at 6 weeks. I continued with DHEA but decided to move on. We were looking at surrogacy in india and completed our adoption paperwork by september 2009. We were preparing to visit india to explore surrogacy. I was also seeing Dr Abbasi to get various tests done for surrogacy.

During these tests we found out i wad pregnant. I haf given up on HPTs by then so i didn't do one before.

Fast forward to June 2010 when i delivered my son via c-sec. He is now healthy happy soon to be 6 month old boy!

I still have difficulty somethime believing when he is on my arms smiling.

So there. Was it DHEA? Perhaps it was or perhaps it was my time. But i would like to believe.

I am going back to DHEA soon as i stop breastfeeding!

I saw your book info. Congrats!!

HQ
To reply to Cherylzz, yes DHEA is still known to help egg quality. There is a lot of great research going on about DHEA the results are really promising. The most recent literature is showing that DHEA improves egg quality, quantity as well as reduces miscarriages.

However, my biggest advice would be to be under the care of a infertility physician who is experienced with DHEA treatment. If it is given inappropriately it can cause you to have too high of levels of testosterone and halt your ovulation completely. The only facility that I know of that has protocols for DHEA treatment programs is the Center for Human Reproduction in New York. Here is their link: http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/

.
I would like to know where can i get this supplement DHEA TABS in South Africa Durban. Will i need to have a doctors prescrition or not.

Lungi
I've had a traumatic nine years at this. I was married late in life at 33 then became pregnant at 34. Rough pregnancy and delivery but I had a son. Three years later started trying for #2 child found out I had blocked fallopian tubes, they did three HSG and three tubal cannulations. I was 43 after six years of trying we were just going to do a ED with IVF and they wanted me to do a clomid challenge test. I was pregnant went 7 and a half months I had severe morning sickness and a pain under my left rib. Started having contractions went to my hospital an hour from Vancouver, BC the Dr. phoned two different hospitals in Vancouver, they said I was having preeclampsia and a possible placental abruption and advised to do an immediate C-section the Dr. didn't feel like doing it inconvenienced his day her heartbeat became erratic after two hours of severe contractions and after four hours they finally did a c-section she has pulled away and suffocated. I had an autopsy and it showed she was perfectly normal. I can't even sue the Dr. as there are no wrongful death laws in Canada.
So I like the unsinkable Molly Brown tried again and did injectables with an IUI at 45 got pregnant again. They did not check for an UTI and it was quite severe so I had a miscarriage at almost 7 weeks. Did more clomid and IUI's and injectables and IUI and became pregnant at 46 for only 4 weeks this time. At my RE clinic they won't treat me anymore say that I am too old. Although, every time I get a few nice follicles and alway ovulated on CD11 or 12 and period on CD 27 or 28. My period is a bit scant though which could account for implantation issues. So like a stubborn Taurus I plod on I read all kinds of info on DHEA finding no one to interpret them here in Canada.
First reading of DHEA before taking it was 8.8 I told them to take testosterone as well but they forgot. Second reading after taking 25mg for two weeks (DHEA obtained in WA at a healthfood store) DHEA went to 12 on CD 2 also did a testosterone test 2.2 Free testosterone 6.1 this worries me since the levels I found on a chart on the internet normal levels are supposed to be .7-3.6 FSH is 14.9 estrodial 115 I also have read that cortisol levels are important and is the test called androstenedione? If not please tell me and at what levels should cortisol be at. Most likely after all I have been through my adrenal glands would be a bit shot. Please mention any other tests I should ask my family Dr. to give me? He is a different one than I had with my daughter and his wife is going through many years of fertility issues. My grandmother had a baby at 43 during WW11 lack of food etc. husband MIA and she had a healthy baby girl mind you I almost did too at 43 but was horribly treated by an inept Dr. I also found out I have Factor V leiden heterozygous low levels which I was told to take one baby aspirin for but stopped because I had read it affects the developing follicles. I will disregard and start taking two baby aspirin.
Also upon hearing my DHEA seemed low I started taking it two times a day once in AM than PM upon reading here I will do 50mg in the morning. Do you think I should increase my dose or is the free testosterone too high? I also have low levels of antibodies because of the blood transfusions they gave me I had technically died they had to resussitate sp? me with paddles they also said I had either HELLPS at the time too.  Sorry to be so long winded but a lot has happened. I really appreciate your time and consideration. It is uplifted to read success stories after failing so many times. My daughters name was Esperanza this means hope in spanish as she was my hope for so long. I am still trying to hold on to some kind of hope if not then we will try ED and maybe a surrogate too if it is my uterus.
Thanks again...Gypsy Rose my middle name is Anita...
I forgot to ask I have called the CHR they are a long way from me as I am close to WA state plus big cities like NY scare me more than all of this stuff...Ha Can you suggest a clinic that is receptive and experienced about DHEA on the west coast of the US or mid? Or is this not to be posted? Thanks again.
One more thing, if you are still out there somewhere. I read that Cordyceps (a type of mushroom) and Quercetin helps lower testosterone levels. This is what a naturopathic Dr. recommends when taking DHEA's. Have you heard anything about this? Also Red Ginseng to help with the adrenal glands which helps fertility too.
I have been on DHEA for almost 4 months now, (acne has been awful), and I was supposed to go back to my RE to get my labs done, but my husband and I just got new insurance, so we would need to see the infertility doctor that accepts our insurance, (which is basically like starting all over).  I can't get an appointment with the new doctor until 3 months from now!  Is it okay to keep taking the DHEA, (it will be 7 months total), without getting any of the tests done to see if my levels are okay?
Hello!- I am so happy to find a DHEA forum!

I am currently on day 31 of DHEA, my Naturopathic Dr said the research shows 40 days is ideal.

I am on a lower dose of 50 mg as my RE felt it would thin the uterine lining. Last week I went in for the day 3 U/S and had a big cyst in one ovary and no follies in the other. The clinic said I had to wait out this cycle (no femara/follistim etc) and call when my next cycle starts.

My question is, should I stop the DHEA too?

Thanks!
The BIG question and no one seems to know. Where do we order from and what kind ?

There is the time release capsule at Vitacost, there is the DHEA at Kal and the micronized at Vitanetonline...

Anybody would know ???
I'm either ordering from here for a 3 month time at 3 times a day:
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-DHEA-Time-Released-25-mg-300-Capsules

or here but the price is high and only covers 20 days.
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/1/1/31453-kal-dhea-25-mg-60-tablets.html

I haven't figured out if micronized is the same as time release.

I'll probably go with the first link.

cheers everyone,
I'm sorry to hear what you've been through, Gypsy Rose.
I just wanted to add my own experience here.  I'm about mid-way through IVF cycle #2.  I have a very low AMH level (less than .01) and stage 4 endo. (I'm 38, been trying for 7 years)  I've been taking DHEA 50 mg (25 mg 2x a day) from www.dhea.com (ultra micronized) and it seems to be good quality. I'm in the US, don't know about ordering it elsewhere.
Cycle #1 we got 3 follicles after 8 days of stimms, but my LH rose too early before they caught it (on Antagon protocol) so it was cancelled.  I had been on DHEA about 6 weeks then.  This cycle, after over 4 months on DHEA, my E2 levels are great, and so far 5 follicles!  I almost didn't believe my ears when I got the results.  This is way early, but I just wanted to say this cycle is looking much better than last time.  I don't know if it's the DHEA, but I'm glad I'm taking it.  I also just increased my synthroid before starting this cycle (I have hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's) and probably my thyroid was a little low (TSH a little high) last time.  
Wishing everyone success!
IT makes me so sad to read all the pain the everyone has gone through here....I've read this discussion for a while.  I'm also over 40 and have been trying to get pregnant for a long time.  In addition to taking DHEA, vit. D supplements and using progesterone cream, I am  trying a gluten free diet to see if this makes any difference.  I've been off of gluten for about a month now and I do feel a lot better, with my elbow and knee pains gone. Maybe this would help others?  There is a very strong link between gluten intolerance/celiac disease and infertility.  I'll leave these links here for review, you can also use google to find out more:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1507.asp

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/dont-touch-that-bagel.html

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028210027755
Hi Everyone
I am very happy to read all your stories and experiences on DHEA.  I started using this about 6 weeks ago and also wanted to know how long is too long? Unlike a lot of you I am v. old (will be 43 next b/day) and am not very hopeful.  My AMH was 4.6....can anyone tell me whether that's good/bad? I've only had 2 cycles of IVF and am now on a down regulation cycle.  Does anyone have any opinions about this? Any thoughts/comments would help. Thank you all.
To All

I've not used this site before but, having had a look, wanted to post something positive relating to DHEA.  I am currently 38 years old and I gave birth to our precious, longed-for little boy in September 2009.  Although I cannot say whether it was DHEA that helped us realise our dream of becoming parents, in my mind I do believe that it was a major factor.

My DH and I had been TTC for nearly 5 years and had been through 3 lots of IUI (the final one was cancelled because of poor response) when we found out that have a very low AMH of 1.6.   We were told by the specialist that our only real hope of having a baby was either down the donor egg route or adoption.  My whole world fell apart as this information was just too much to take in.  

We live in Scotland and in total have had 4 lots of IVF (2 cancelled because of poor response).  After finding out about my low AMH, I was desperately low and found it difficult to not cry myself to sleep.  I refused to admit defeat however and scoured the internet for anything that would help and I came across DHEA.    At the time, there wasn't a huge amount of info or randomised research on DHEA and so my specialist, although not totally against it, was sceptical.  Out of the four IVF treatments, I was on DHEA for the last 3.

The current thinking is that you need to use 75mg of micronised DHEA for at least three months for there to be any benefit.  Whilst it doesn't increase the number of eggs retrieved, it does help with quality as well as reduce the likelihood of miscarriage.  Now that there is more evidence supporting its use, my specialist is recommending I do exactly the same again when we try for a little brother or sister in our next round of IVF treatment that we plan to have in September 2011 (ie I'll have been taking DHEA for 3 months by that time).

I realise that for anyone reading this, you may well be in the same position that I was in two years ago.  Please take some solace though that there IS hope.  I am proof of that.  There is obviously a lot more information that I could give, but I don't want to overload or 'hog' the forum and so if you have any questions then please do get in touch.  The email address you can reach me on is ***@****  I will try to check it most nights.

Meanwhile, all the best to those of you reading this.  I know the IVF journey is an emotional rollercoaster but I wish you all the luck in the world.

S
xxxx

Would just like  to comment that I have been trying for another baby since 2006 without any success. I have had three miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy. I have one child born in 2003 without any complications. I tried one cycle of IVF in January 2011 and had a negative result. I took DHEA for a few weeks and felt amazing like I did in my twenties full of energy and really healthy. I cant prove whether the DHEA was what worked for me or whether the IVF boosted my fertility but i produced 14 eggs for IVF which were all poor quality. Im assuming that the IVF boosted my fertility and the DHEA must have improved the egg quality. Im sharing this information as im now 5 months pregnant and had a downs syndrome test which indicated a 1 in 5000 chance of a child with downs. To me this means the DHEA produced a good quality embryo. When I was going through my fertility problems and miscarriages I found there was hardly any help or support out there. I became flustrated as im sure if this problem happened to men there would be a lot more research and support into fertility problems.  I took 50mg of DHEA a day for about 6 weeks befor getting pregnant. Research has shown that DHEA has most effect a few weeks before conception. I just hope my story helps others going through the long and flustrating process of fertility problems. Good luck to you all.
Hi there, thanks for all the info!!

I'm 41, TTC for 4 years, low AMH 2.74pol, FSH normal just starting on the road to IVF/ICSI...

Is there a difference between the DHEA supplements that seem geared towards beauty and micro-ionized DHEA? I'm in the UK and looking for a good DHEA brand - hopefully to help my egg quality.... fingers and toes crossed x Thanks to all you great women... :-)
Hi Momo604 - my previous post is meeko2468 - two above your post.

I'm in the UK too - I use Trimedica from the U.S. company iherb *******.  Get the micronised DHEA - it absorbs better into the body and is purer.  I've checked this out with my doctor.  

If you use the code GUD528 at checkout, then it gives you a $5 discount on your total.  I usually buy 1 box of 50mg (product code TRI-00122) and 1 box of the 25mg (product code TRI-00107).  I take one of each, each night before bed.  I've not had any side effects at all - apart from much more energy!

It's better to just buy one of each as this keeps the cost below the taxable amount when it enters the UK.

Hope this helps, if not, send me a message.

Best of luck hun in your IVF/ICSI - don't give up - my AMH is much lower - only 1.6!

lots of luv

S
x

Hey Meeko and ladies,

I am badly looking for data for DHEA. I got my levels checked and it came out to be 0.95. I know its too low. :( My AMH is 0.46. thats low too. I am 34, first IVF cancelled due to poor response, second ended as a chemical pregnancy. Using DHEA now. yet to buy micronized, using the regular one since a month, and it didnt seem to be of much use, as 0.95 is after using for a month. i am planning to go for another IVF in december, what are your thoughts here. will i ever have success with such low numbers.

please advice.
Dear Babyhope

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancelled IVF and chemical pregnancy, it's so hard building up all your hopes for them to either be cancelled or for a negative outcome.  I know exactly how hard it will have been.   I wish you all the luck in the world with your IVF in December xx

I'm not an expert Babyhope - I'm just similar to yourself with a low AMH.  I have however researched DHEA hugely before deciding on taking it.  I have also discussed it in detail with the specialist I've seen who emailed me the most recent clinical research available at the time.  

The recommendations are that:

a) you really want to be taking it for a minimum of 3 months for best results;

b) it won't increase egg number, but the quality of the eggs are better (the poor egg number, like myself, is as a result of the AMH)

c) it needs to be the micronised version; other types available are used for other purposes, e.g. 7-Keto is used by body-builders or those wishing to add weight/muscle.  The codes I've given in my above post will show you the ones I ordered through iherb dottcomm and a discount code also.

d) you need to take 75mg each day.

As you'll see from my original post, after cancelled cycles due to poor response, we were blessed with a positive pregnancy, which resulted in the birth of our son in September last year.  Hopefully, Babyhope, that will give you some strength in the knowledge that it can and does work.  Additionally, when my cycle was cancelled, I did the same as you're doing now - going back for another shot as soon as possible.  Who knows what works - I wonder whether the little time in between cancelled and the successful treatment helped!

I never ever had my DHEA levels checked afterwards......to be honest, I didn't feel that it would matter and my question would be - 'so what', in other words, what does the level actually mean?  We all have different levels of DHEA in our bodies anyway - what's important is whether it helps in IVF or not.  Just my opinion - my doc didn't feel checking it was necessary anyway.

Incidentally, our treatment that I mention above (we ended up having in September 2011) was cancelled, like yourself, as a result of a poor response.  We are going back again in the middle of next month.  Fingers crossed this time!!!!

With my successful pregnancy, I used Menopur 375iu, then Cetrotide (to suppress ovulation).......then after ET I used Cyclogest pessaries.  I also used Clexane injections which seemingly reduce the likelihood of the embryo not implanting.

I hope that I haven't given you too much information.   Don't give up hope though hun - wishing you all the best

S
xxx
Hi Babyhope

I just wanted to add a comment to the note I left above at b)

Because of my AMH, I was never, ever going to get record numbers of eggs retrieved.  With the successful outcome, I ended up with only 2 eggs retrieved.  I remember being distraught at the fact that I only had two and that was before fertilisation.........BOTH ended up 10/10 grade however, and again, although I'll never be able to say either way, I wonder if the DHEA helped in increasing the quality.

xx  
Meeko, That was really nice of you to detail out about DHEA and your experience. this is what exactly i have been looking for. some soothing words and wisdom of help. I will order micronized version tonight. hope any brand does not matter. I have been taking the regular stuff since a month. :(. and my chemical pregnancy cycle, i made only 3 eggs, 2 fertilized with ICSI. we have sperm issues too. and my accupunturist said it is enough if i go to him only during stims, is that correct? i have been reading like people go there for months.

and my meds are completely different from yours, my last cycle was ganirelix protocol with BCP, gonal-F and low dose HCG shots everyday. so i dont know the meds you mentioned.

well! thats about it for now. hope my eggs get better by december and give me a BFP. Come on DHEA!!!!! You can do ittttttttttt!!!!!!!!! LOL

Wish you good luck for your next cycle. and by the way, your fist kiddo, boy or girl?
LOve
Babyhope.
I see that its a son for you sorry my bad :) my anxiety :) wish you a girl this time.
Hi Babyhope

I only went to the acupuncturist within 24 hours of Embryo Transplant.  In the previous, unsuccessful cycles I had visited the acupuncturist regularly, and also taken chinese medicine.

The research I read suggested that you should only need to have acupuncture within 24 hours of ET and this increases the chances of implantation, hence only going after my ET.

Ask your RE about Clexane though (I took it for 20 WEEKS!!  past ET)  It's not that expensive at all and has been shown to be beneficial.

Our wee one is nearly 14 months old now - a little boy, Lewis.  

Do let me know how you get on - I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the both of us!

xx
Hello!  

I am starting ivf to freeze my eggs, I am 44 now :-(  People suggested I freeze my eggs when I was in my 30s but all the Dr.s told me the technology was not available.  I have not been able to have a partner in 14 years due to abuse and trauma so I want to preserve my eggs for maybe I can have a chance for a child one day (soon?).  So I found a clinic to freeze my eggs and just did the first mini-ivf cycle, finished a week ago.  I can only afford three cycles.  I was on clomid then synarel nasal spray, there was only one big follicle to collect and three smaller follicles.  The egg they collected was poor quality.  They kept me on clomid to do a second retrieval, 2 eggs disappeared and the last one ovulated early so they could not collect it.  They prescribe ibuprofen to prevent premature ovulation but I cannot take it due to digestive issues.  So, to try to have some better quality eggs for next time I started DHEA (25mg 3x/day), maca, and royal jelly.  I got bad acne and read that 75mg/day may be too much so just switched to 25mg/day.  I do not know a lot about all these things, my hormones are all normal, I am fertile as far as I know.  My insurance doesn't pay for any of this so I cannot really see Dr.s to test my hormones further.  Just very confused and looking for any advice to bank as many great eggs as possible.  Is there any reason I would not want to take the DHEA?  Should I take it through the medicated part of the cycle too?  Thank you for any help!  Jules
Hi Jules

I stopped using DHEA just before ET if that helps xx  Best of luck hun xx
Thanks.  My naturopath just tested my dhea, dhea-s and testosterone levels so I will get those results soon.  Right now I am on clomid for an egg retrieval next week and still taking dhea alternating 75mg/100mg.  I feel like I don'ty understand enough about this process but I don't have the time to learn everything.  Why would people be monitored between ovulation and the next period?  What could they see?  I just get monitored on day 3 and day 8 to retrieval.  I am not doing any suppression, what is suppression?  Jules
has anyone got pregnant while taking the DHEA treatment? is it safe to continue taking DHEA while pregnant/
I did toha, see my posts above.  I stopped taking DHEA after embryo transfer.  Do get in touch if you have any questions you want to ask me and best of luck for your future xxx
1 MEDiUM ONION YELLOW ONION, 1 AND HALF WATER GLASS OF SPRiNG WATER; BOIL WATER,WAHS ONiON,CUT iN 6 SLICES,PUT THEM iN BOiLiNG WATER,BOiL FOR 5 MINTS ONLY,LET iT COOL LITLE,SAPARATE FROM THE ONiON AND DRiNK EMTY  TUMMY 10 MINTS BEFORE MEAL..REPPET 2 TIMES A DAY FOR AT LEAST 15 DAYS...  DO THIS 15 DAYS BEFORE YOUR PERIOD AND YOU CAN DO A NOTHER COURS AFTER PERIOD ANDS..VERY HARMLESS,BUT POSIBLE NATURELLY CONCIVE..TRY  THIS HARMLESS REMMIDI..
I started taking DHEA on march 17th of this year after My lab results were so low they were not even on the range of low. My Dehydroepiandrosterone, S came back at 2.3 ng/ml.. Which if I am figuring this correctly that converts to .023ug/dl. I also tested testosterone,Total and it was 15ng/dl.
Can anyone tell me if these numbers are low? If any of you ladies can help me figure out how low my levels are that would be fantastic! I am 43 and have been ttc since I was 37 with 4 m/c.

My email is ***@****
hi meeko2468

i live in scotland and been trying for years to get pregnant. i am 43 and had 2 iui attempts that ended in miscarriage. i don't qualify for nhs treatment now as i am over 40. i have started taking fertilaid and fertilcm and wondered if anyone else has tried them. i wondered what low Amh meant. and i have now ordered the trimedica that you suggested. do you have to take it while on ivf or any other fertility treatment for it to work, or does it just work on its own? any help on this matter would be very grateful.
Nice Posting!! Keep it up!!Main problem faced by women trying to conceive. It is necessary to know the RIGHT Day, RIGHT Time and RIGHT Way for conception…Now you can plan your pregnancy and you can choose your date and time of pregnancy as you like with Ovulation Kit.
Hi All,

As you might remember from the posts to this forum back in 2008, I became pregant through IVF after three months of DHEA.  My sweet baby girl was born in April 2009.

I am back on DHEA again, albeit for different reasons, to alleviate perimenopause symptoms.  As I am not taking any birth control I will let you know if this 46-year-old body gets a surprise, LOL.

Otherwise, I wanted to say, I do think the DHEA was responsible for increasing my antral follicle count.

Regards,
AngelaSK07
hello,

not sure if your questions are recent or not but thought I would respond anyway.

Just wanted to make you aware of a website I found when looking at DHEA. There is an article on here about how you can naturally boost your own DHEA without taking pills. This site is worth a look-
http://www.circlebloomcd.com/

I took 25 mg of micronized DHEA for 3 months before my IVF cycle. I stopped taking it as soon as I started egg stims. I'm not sure if it helped or not we did have a positive pregnancy test. Sadly the pregnancy ended at week 8.

I am now looking into more natural routes of producing DHEA as apart from potential negative impact DHEA can have if you are taking the wrong levels for your own body, it is not possible to buy this in micronized form in the UK.

Not sure if this will have helped, I just know that I did not have this information when I started to take DHEA. I understand slightly more about it now.

Viewing 601-644 comments:
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers