Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Does anyone have experience w/spotting during pregnancy? 20 dpo spotti...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Does anyone have experience w/spotting during pregnancy? 20 dpo spotting - am I pregnant or not!

If you haven't read any of my posts recently, I am at day 20 of high temps, and I have a beautifully triphasic chart.  You can view it at:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/18fe41

I was told that the clomid didn't work this month (but think they screwed up bloodwork) and so I took provera for 5 days.  Based on other times I took it, I should've gotten af at least 4 days ago.  I was also told that provera can raise your temps artificially and lengthen your luteal phase, so I'm not confident about my temps.  Got a blood test at 17 dpo and it was BFN.  Taking strip hpt's everyday and still BFN's.  Now I've got cramps but had (sorry if TMI) one wipe of the toilet paper with slight pink tint, and about an hour later, another wipe and it was already a brown tint - nothing that's actually come out in my underwear.  This is unusual for me, even on provera my periods are VERY bad and came like a rush all at once.  Does anyone have any experience with spotting during pregnancy?  I think I'm just reaching here and need to accept it's over - but I wish things would just happen normally and I'd get af like usual so I'd know for sure.  
I had spotting about 14 dpo, only a few spots.  I just figured af would soon be visiting.  About 23 dpo I still had not gotten af and decided to take a pregnancy test.  It was positive, but two other tests taken prior had been negative.  About 7 days later the same thing you experienced happened: I went to the bathroom, wiped and there was a pinkish discharge on the tissue.  I was devastated, because I knew that wasn't typical.  I know there can be implantation bleeding and it's typical that some women spot during early pregnancy but I just had a bad feeling.  I went to the doctor and he didn't see anything in my uterus, drew blood and my levels were really low for how far along I should be.  Went back two days later and the levels dropped even more.  A week later (just this past Wednesday) I passed the placental lining/tissue.  So...I did have spotting that wasn't normal but some women do have spotting and go on to have a healthy pregnancy.  I would say if your cycles or pretty consistent, and your bloodwork came back negative, you aren't pregnant.  But, if you are like me with wacky cycels, you may not have had enough hormones to show positive.  Take another test in a few days to be sure.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes.
im also very confuse, im on cd 23, but dont know exactly when i ovulated.. im on clomid and using the clearblue monitor which really dont work on clomid. anyways i have been spotting really dark brown blood. but next day nothing. i test but i know is really early and the test was bfn, i supposed to test on cd 27 and 28. i really want the days to go by to see what happened but when i see dark spotting i get scare and think that is af. dont try to rush just wait and see what happened maybe you were pregnant and because the provera, make you bleed. also hcg are really tricky. good look.