Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Dull cramps during week 4 of pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Dull cramps during week 4 of pregnancy

I had a chemical pregnancies (early miscarriages) in July and August.  Both were on day 33.  Today is day 32 and I took a test because my period is late and the test is positive but I have had dull cramps for the last few days.  I really expected the text to be negative.  I have had headaches for days now which i didn't have in July and August but I had these cramps both times it didn't stick and i don't know if this means this one won't stick either or if there is anything I can do to prevent the miscarriage.  I am taking vitamins.  any help/ ideas are greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, if a miscarriage is going to occur, there isn't anything that can be done to prevent it from happening.

I've heard all kinds of stories about people having cramps and bleeding early on and the pregnancy did not result in miscarriage, so hopefully everything will turn out ok...hang in there!
I also have cramps...and tested positive... I asked the Dr. about this and I guess it can be normal too... I am on progesterone shots and I guess this can also be a side effect.....  Just think positive and have you had your progesteron tested lately??? Just wondering ////   sticky baby dust to  you!!!
best of luck and you are in my prayers. recurrent miscarriage is horrible. i just had my 4th one in  a year this morning. but like the other gals said cramping/spotting does not always lead to miscarriage. many women go on to have healthy babies.
I had the cramping weeks four through five also. I am currently in the middle of week six and only have nausea (the cramping went away). My dr says that the cramping is completely normal and to not stress out about it. I wish you the best. Sticky baby dust!!!!
I have had 4 full term pregnancies and with each of them I had AF type cramps in the early weeks. They then changed to more stitch like stretching pains and I had those all the way through till the end.

Ruth xx
I had a lot of twinges around week four.  They were not identical to menstruation cramps.  And I'm not sure what you are experiencing.  Sensations in the uterus, whether cramps or twinges, are not necessarily always bad.  Sometimes the uterus is just starting to expand.
Just got back from having my progesterone and hcg tested and am waiting for the results.  Thank you all for your comments.  I really appreciate them and I wish you all the best of luck as well.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers