Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Egg-like discharge after conception

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Egg-like discharge after conception

can you still have that egg-like mucus discharge (like when you ovulate) right after conception? My husband and I had sex the day after my period ended which was 3 days ago, and today I see the egg-like mucus. Could I still be pregnant?  
If your period just ended a few days ago, and you now have eggwhite cervical mucus, you're probably about to ovulate! So, it's time to get busy! Good luck to you!
But if we had sex just this past sunday, (period ended saturday) but not since, is there a chance that I AM pregnant? I guess I should rephrase the question: can you still have the thin white mucus immediately AFTER you have conceived?
If you just had your period, chances are slim that you have already conceived. You can only conceive after ovulation, when the egg is released from the ovary, and that usually happens about 14 days after the first day of your last menstrual period. Hope that helps.
You could still GET pregnant, though, from having sex on Sunday, if the sperm lives long enough to wait for your egg to be released. They say sperm can live for up to five days inside of you.
Ok, thanks!!
one more thing, though. Since I saw the clear discharge, doesnt that rule out pregnancy though? I mean, if I were pregnant, wouldnt I not have that discharge?? I guess I am just impatient!! ;)
It means you're very fertile right now. Leading up to ovulation, your cervical mucus will get more and more stretchy and eggwhite-like. Then after ovulation, it will dissapear again. If you're trying to get pregnant, this is a great time to have intercourse...to add to the pool of little swimmers from Sunday :-) Hope that makes sense!
Thank you! Trying for #2!!