Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
First period after Depo, Am I ovulating finally?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I was on depo for 3 shots (9 months), went off for 6 months and then got 3 more shots. My last shot was January 17th, 2014. I was due for the next one on April 10th and didn't go. I just got my first period August 15th, 2014. 4 months later. Does this mean I'm finally ovulating and will be able to conceive? How long after your period came back after depo did you ladies conceive? If anybody can relate. Any advice or tips or stories welcome. Thank you!
Anybody?
Hello.  I have been on the depo as well.  I had 2 shots and been off since March of 2013. I have been having periods since June of 2013 and been trying to conceive ever since and no such luck. My periods are every month but it varies from month to month on when they come and how long they are. They say the shot can screw you up for over a year. Good luck!
Have you been checking to see if you were ovulating? I'm afraid that will be my same situation. Thank you for your response and time!
I'm having the same trouble. I was on the pill for two and a half years and now me and my husband have decided to try for a baby. Ever since I got of the pill I haven't had a period on my own since march and I'm working with my doctor to get myself back to normal which I was before I got on the pill. I wish I never got on it I swear.
I was on the depo shot for 18months after our son was born, I read It can take anywhere from 6-18 months to regulate periods again and be able to conceive. Making the calculations in my head I thought this would be the perfect time to get depo out of my system in hopes of having a second baby anywhere from 2.5 to 3 years apart. My period didn't appear until the 6 month mark and Our son is going to be 5 in less than a month and he still has no baby sibling. I am showing signs of endomytriosis.  I don't know if any of this is related but I too wish I never would have messed with my cycles so much.
There are just no positive stories out there...I feel so stressed. I hope you ladies get your bfp soon. You guys have been trying longer and it just seems so unfair for us to have such trouble with something that should be so natural and easy.
It could take up to a year for you to ovulate. I was on depo for 3 years took my last shot March of 2013 got my period December of 3013 they were irregular, i heard of fertility blend and tried it. My periods are now regular and am ovulating again. Good luck to you all!
Me and my fiance have been trying for 6 months and I've been off of the depo for over a year. It's so frustrating and upsetting. Good luck ladies. You'll need it.
I was on depo for 12 years. I came off it as I wanted to start a family. I had my last shot March 2011 my periods were still not back probably a year later. My doc put me on the pill for 3months to kick start my periods in sync & it worked. It still took me a while to conceive. But just wen I thought there was no hope afta tryin for so long I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. Now I'm 20 weeks & found out I'm havin a baby boy. So don't give up ladies keep tryin :) x
I took 3 shots of depo before i heard the horror stories... so i went off of it and decided kn an IUD. I had to have a leriod to get kne and after 3 months of not seeing one, i was induced for a period by prescription.  Got the Mirena put in and had it for 6 months until i was married. When it was removed, i was told i should be good to go after about a month. I started getting periods, but had a lot of symptoms and very irregular. After 4 months of irregularities,  i went to the GYN and they did an ultrasound of my ovaries to see if i was ovulating - i had cysts on both... i was not ovulating. I was put on 3 months of a light pill to "reset" my system. I didn't  ovula t e the first month afterwards, but my hormone levels were rising. Finally, I  began ovulating 2 months ago! It has been a hard journey with doubts and concerns, so now we're  crossing our fingers and pray I am able to conceive and carry. I'm  about to turn 30, so it concerns me a bit... good luck and baby dust to all!
Wow. Well that's very unfortunate to hear. I was hoping for better stories but im sure anybody with a positive story won't be trolling through a trying to get pregnant board so I guess all ill hear here is bad ones. I hope all you ladies get your bfp soon and things work out. That's all we can do is keep trying!