Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HCG trigger shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HCG trigger shot

I got the HCG trigger shot on May 26 and did and IUI on May 28. I took a hpt this morning (June 5) and it was positive. Is this still the HCG in my system or could it be a real positive??? I don't want to get my hopes up!
My doctor told me I had to wait 14 days until after the trigger shot or I could get a false positive. It sometimes leaves your system sooner so it is not definitely a false positive. The only way you will know is to test again in about 3 or 4 more days. Good luck. I hope you do get your positive this cycle. SSBD to you!!!
Just wanted to share my experience, I took the trigger on May 19 and on June 1st 13 days past trigger I took an HPT and it was negative so give it a few more days. since your 10days past trigger if you test in another 2/4 days im sure you will get accurate results.
Was this your first iui, if I can ask what was your experience like and how long did the procedure take, sorry if Im asking to many questions its just that I plan on doing iui next cycle if this cycle is a bust.....

GOOD LUCK
The actual IUI is really quick. The nurse or doctor just uses a syringe to insert the sperm into your cervix. It is painless and even quicker than getting a pap test done. I did have some cramping right after but the nurse said that could have been ovulation. Afterward they have you lay there for about 15 minutes before you get up and then it is on to the 2ww. Good luck. I saw on your status that you got a bfn on 15 dpo. I got a bfn on 14 dpo and thought I was definitely not pg but then retested on 17 dpo and got a bfp, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that you just got a false negative like I did. Good luck. SSBD to you.
Thank you so much! I spoke to my dr today and she says that she wouldn't think the shot would affect an hpt at this point, but can't say for sure. She drew some blood, so hopefully I'll know for sure in the next couple of days. I will definitely post back when I find out. Best wishes to you both!
I was told 12 days by my Dr. I tested 11 days after trigger and got a faint positive, like you I was a bit scared it was a false so I tested the next 3 days til my beta and it was a real true positive (currently 37 wks pregnant). Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Thank you do much!!!