Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Hearing Vs Seeing babies heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hearing Vs Seeing babies heartbeat

My last 2 appt's Ive been told that it is now against policy to hear babies heartbeat at u/s. It was beautiful to see my babies heartbeat ticking away but wouldve been great to also hear it. Does anyone know why this is now policy. My u/s were at 6w4d and 13w5d
ta xx
Hmmm! I'm not sure why they would change that... I think they still use the doppler here in the U.S.  

:-)
It is very interesting. I had appointment around 14 weeks and Doctor did U/S and then I asked him about heartbeat and he used doppler to hear it. I also bought doppler myself soI can listen everyday.
maybe its only in australia. i was considering hiring a doppler do you know if they are safe?