Help? Day 11 ultrasound and I have 3 size 13 follicles?
I went for an ultrasound today, day 11,  and I have 3 follies on one side that are 13. The ones on the other side were pretty small. Last month, my first IUI, I had one that was 17 at this point in my cycle. I am a little worried that they aren't bigger than 13 today. They said my hormones were fine and my LH was not quite there yet..not close to ovulation time. I was encouraged by that since my follies are still too little. They told me to come in on day 16 if my opk doesn't show a surge before then and they will do another scan to look see how they have grown. If that looks ok then they will give my the hcg shot like they did last time and then do the IUI the next day. I am just worried about the follicle size? What happens if they don't grow big enough? Any experiences where this happened and you got pregnant on a month like this? Like everyone in this position, we just want a baby and have so many questions. I bombard the doctor every visit and always have more questions after we leave. Any response is greatly appreciated.
No need to worry...CD 11 is still early, and 13 mm is a good size at this point, especially since you have three of them. I assume you're on clomid or some other fertility med, since you have multiple follicles? Anyway, just wanted to add that personally, I ovulated a couple of days later than normal when on clomid or femara; and it seems like others on here have had the same experience. Best of luck this month!
Thanks! Yes I took Femara CD 3-7. I feel much better now! Thanks so much for your response.
Yesterday I had my day 11 ultrasound and I have three follicles of 17, 15 and 18mm and dr gave me hcg injection last nite as well now I will go for iui on Tuesday morning inshallah hoping n praying for the best.