High progesterone levels - negative pg test
I recently had the progesterone test and the level was high - 84, but the pregnancy test was negative. Ovulation occured around day 18-20 and the test was taken on day 25. My Dr. is out sick, and the PA wanted to discuss with her before anything was said, so I have to wait the weekend to discuss this with her. Any knowledge or experience would be great.
That is really high....I really have no idea.  Did you say they did a blood test?  I would get one done just in case...of course, by the time you get it back, you'd know what's up from your dr.  I wish I could help more...maybe try to google it?
Those results were from a blood test. I googled it, but get varying results. Thanks for responding though.
According to this site, there is no mid-luteal progesterone level that predicts pregnancy:

http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hormonelevels.html

Pregnancy was also from a blood test.
I meant a pregnancy blood test..I figured the progesterone was blood cause I think that's the only way they can take it.
Your prog level is only saying your body is ready for pregnancy, not that fertilization actually occurred.   I had the same issue... problem... disappointment.   My prog level was 78, but nothing else.