Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
High progesterone levels - negative pg test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High progesterone levels - negative pg test

I recently had the progesterone test and the level was high - 84, but the pregnancy test was negative. Ovulation occured around day 18-20 and the test was taken on day 25. My Dr. is out sick, and the PA wanted to discuss with her before anything was said, so I have to wait the weekend to discuss this with her. Any knowledge or experience would be great.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That is really high....I really have no idea.  Did you say they did a blood test?  I would get one done just in case...of course, by the time you get it back, you'd know what's up from your dr.  I wish I could help more...maybe try to google it?
Blank
Those results were from a blood test. I googled it, but get varying results. Thanks for responding though.
Blank
Pregnancy was also from a blood test.
Blank
I meant a pregnancy blood test..I figured the progesterone was blood cause I think that's the only way they can take it.
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
According to this site, there is no mid-luteal progesterone level that predicts pregnancy:

http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hormonelevels.html

Blank
Your prog level is only saying your body is ready for pregnancy, not that fertilization actually occurred.   I had the same issue... problem... disappointment.   My prog level was 78, but nothing else.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...