Aa
A
A
Close
High progesterone levels - negative pg test
I recently had the progesterone test and the level was high - 84, but the pregnancy test was negative. Ovulation occured around day 18-20 and the test was taken on day 25. My Dr. is out sick, and the PA wanted to discuss with her before anything was said, so I have to wait the weekend to discuss this with her. Any knowledge or experience would be great.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
That is really high....I really have no idea.  Did you say they did a blood test?  I would get one done just in case...of course, by the time you get it back, you'd know what's up from your dr.  I wish I could help more...maybe try to google it?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Those results were from a blood test. I googled it, but get varying results. Thanks for responding though.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
93654 tn?1247502934
According to this site, there is no mid-luteal progesterone level that predicts pregnancy:

http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hormonelevels.html

Comment
Cancel
93654 tn?1247502934
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Pregnancy was also from a blood test.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I meant a pregnancy blood test..I figured the progesterone was blood cause I think that's the only way they can take it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your prog level is only saying your body is ready for pregnancy, not that fertilization actually occurred.   I had the same issue... problem... disappointment.   My prog level was 78, but nothing else.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources