Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How can you tell if you are fertile after the depo shot?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I received one depo shot in may. I did not go back in August. I have had my cycle somewhat regularly, and had my last cycle dec 21-25. How can I tell if I am ovulating & if I will be able to conceive?
Thanks :]
As far as ovulation you could start charting your fertility (many women use fertilityfriend online)  or you could buy an ovulation predictor kit and see if you get positives around the time you expect to ovulate.  As far as conceiving it depends. If you return to a healthy, ovulating, cycle then hopefully it would go easy for you.  It is something to monitor though as there are many women that do seem to have a very difficult time conceiving after getting even one depo shot.  I know some doctors are starting to tell their patients to not even get ONE shot if they want to conceive within the next 5 years.  I'm not trying to scare you it just seems like the return to fertility after depo can be hit and miss for some.  Hopefully all will go smoothly for you!  
If you are wanting to have a child get the info NOW!! Dont wait so many years like i did!! Its been 7yrs and im STILL struggling!!If you only received one shot thats pretty good my SIL got 3 and it took her 12 months to get PG! Like Finding..  was stating figure out if you are O'ing take you temps get the test at the store make sure to look for your EWCM thats very important and Depo takes it away!! If your AF is already bk thats awesome it took me 7 months just for that happen!! I would start by trying to temp and chart and see if its detected and if not and/or you dont see the EWCM i would try Fertil-Aid! I know you only got 1 shot but you might consider taking B/C pills for 3 months cus they have the hormones in them to regulate your body bk to normal! If you dont wanna i would go straight to Fertil-Aid! GL load of SSBD!!