How soon after ovulation does the follicle disappear from ultrasound
I have attempted 2 natural cycle IUIs and both times the follicle was present the day before the insemmination but gone by the time they insemminated me the next day. Does the follicle disappear from the ultra sound immediately after ovulation or is there a delay in hours or days? I am just concerned that they are waiting too long to insemminate me. If the egg only lives 24 hours and the follicle is gone when I am being insemminated does this mean that it's too late? I'm very concernved.
I would say YES they are waiting too long!  The egg DOES live fro 12-24 hours after it is released, but it's much better if they can do the IUI just before O takes place, cuz sperm can live for up to 5-7 days!!!
Some RE's do 2 IUI's one just before, then a 2nd 24 hours after, & thats OK I guess, but I think I would rather save my $ & BD the day after.
Did you guys BD a few days before you O'd?
good luck!
I don't know what the abbreviation BD stands for but if it has to do with having normal conventional intercourse the answer is yes, we did it both before and after. I don't think it worked as I'm starting to feel premenstrual now but have decided to switch to a new doctor starting next month. This RE was not very friendly and insistent that I should do an IVF even though I made it very clear that I do not want to go that route. Hopefully the new doctor will work out better. Thanks for your feedback.