How soon can you get pregnant after removal of mirena coil?
Hi, I had my Mirena coil taken out on 30th sep, 12 days ago and i was wondering how long after would it be that i could possibly become pregnant?? My period was  ment to start on the 7th oct but it hasnt, is this due to the removel of the coil or is there a chance i could be pregnant??
Any more symptoms of pregnancy? I hope you get a positive this month, I really do. Ive had AF for 5 days now, normally only get for three so this unusual for me yet again. Wont be the first unusual thing since getting that coil out. I really blame that for everything. The length of time its taking to concieve and all that is all down to the coil.
Anyway, good luck and let me know as soon as bout your test. Baby dust, prayers and good luck to you. xxxx
Had my coil taken out on the 15 jan and still no period. Taken 4 tests all negative. Dont know what to do next
It can take a wee bit for your cycle to go back to normal. I had my first period after 2 weeks, but everyone is different. Give your body a chance to get rid of the hormone in your body. I hope everything goes back to normal soon, but it can take a while with some people. Dont panic just yet, if you can help it. Take care and good luck, keep us posted. You will find it is a very helpful and supportive forum of women apart from the odd couple!! xx
I thought my af would be here on Sat but it didn't show up. I ran out of test to take. I am confused now maybe I don't know what length my cycle is so I will have to wait till I get another cycle to determine that.
If your cycle hasnt shown up yet, maybe yo are pregnant. Hold off another few days to see. If you get AF dont give up. I never know if my cycle is going to be 27 or 31 days so we cover all the basis. Every ovulation date possible. This month though AF was very different. I finished just in time to cover a 27 day ovulation. Thats us back to trying again, so we shall cover the basis and test on 12th March if no AF.
I hope your not giving up hope. Im not going to. If you not got AF in a few days I would go buy another test in a few days. I read the $1.99 ones are best. Like the 99p ones are over here. They seem to detect better than clear blues.
Im still praying, hoping and sending baby dust to you and all the women ttc. xx
Hi i was wondering if anyone can give me some advise, Im having my coil removed on thursday as me and my partner want to start trying for a baby. I have a small patch of Endometriosis in the tissue that contracts when giving birth but my gyni assured me my fertility was fine. The reason i had my coil fitted was because of extreamly heavy and painful periods on the pill. When i had the coil fitted it was agony can anyone tell me if its as painful having it removed? and how long it has taken to fall pregant? thanks :-)
When I went to get my coil removed it was like a little nip inside, my nurse asked me to cough after 3 and pulled it at same time as I coughed so as to add pressure and make it less painful. So, it is a little painful, but for a matter of seconds. A bit of pressure after. You can bleed a little or a lot after removed.
You can try for a baby right away as according to my OB your fertility goes back to normal within a few days. I cannot on the other hand tell you how long it takes to get pregnant as I had my coil removed 3rd November and were still trying.

Baby dust to you and all ttc xx
I haven't gotten my AF yet so I went and got some dollar test and some first response. 31 days now 17dpo.
Let me know when you test then what it says. I got another reading tonight from a different person, been planned for a while and she asked me to if i were pregnant? I had that "AF" but it was all mad, remember I said I didnt know what was going on with it. Might check again in couple weeks cos was reading about early pregnancy bleeds and it could have been decidual bleeding or something. I'll need to just wat and see. She did say she definately sees a baby this year for us.
Let me know as soon as you test. Baby dust to you and all the ladies ttc xxx
I had my marena coil removed 3wks ago after 7yrs of having it..
Me and my partner are tryin for a baby..
I have not had a period for 7yrs and still not now,So im not sure about my cycle..
I done a pregnancy test today as i have had sore breast for 3days now and put it down to my period comin but still nothing,but my partner got a test but it came out negative........
Could someone help,how soon should i do test or how can i work out for nxt period? How long should i leave it to do a test?
Thanks alot....
I wouldnt bank on being pregnant already. It would show on a test if you were three weeks by now. If you dont have a period in next two weeks I would take the test again. If still negative you need to go see your doctor to see what you can do to get your cycle back. You cannot get pregnant if you dont ovulate. This could be a side effect from long tem use of the coil. I only had mine in 4 7months and Im still not pregnant after getting coil out 3rd Nov 2009. Im getting Vitex shipped ova from US as it is really supposed to help. We are hoping to get pregnant soon or we are giving up as I get to upset every month. I wish you all the luck in ttc but please do not pin all your hopes on it happening right away as it is not always the case. It can happen though.

Good luck and baby dust to you and the other ladies ttc xx
Thanks very much for your help & advice....
I find this all very confusing,as my 3 other children wasnt planned,and i fell pregnant at a very young age..So as im planning a baby its knowing all the answers...U have been a huge help,i appreciate it...I didnt relise i would feel this bad about having a baby,my partner is terrible,makin me do test every 3 days,very sad when its negative..
I have spoken to a friend who had the coil and she said it took her 6wks to get pregnant,as she was told to be patient whilst all her normal hormones get working and obviously her cycle to begin...It is a waiting game i must say...I have seen alot of this site with many trying for a long time,like yourself...Well i have said enough and thanks again :)
AF cramps so bad. Its only been 22 days since my last period and the cramps are here already. Feel like Im gonna start any day now. Its actually really uncomfortable, the worst since I got coil removed. I cannot be pregnant this month. These pains are to intense. Paracetamol not even touching the cramps.
It is official, we are no longer trying. I will keep in touch and hope to hear all your success stories.

Love, prayer and baby dust o all ttc xx
I'm new here. Sorry to hear some of you are struggling to fall pregnant. It's frustrating isn't it?
I had my mirena coil removed 3yrs ago this month and still no baby for us. I have a 10 and 8 yr old from my previous marriage but my husband doesn't have children. I fell really quickly before and my husband was checked and he's fine. A year after trying I found out I've got polycystic ovaries. My periods have been all over the shot since having that thing removed, sometimes last 2-3 weeks and then starting again a few days later.I was always 26 days exact before. It seems a strange coincidence seeing that I never had problems before the coil.
I've seen a consultant who hasn't been much help and told me the only thing I can do is going on the pill to regulate my periods or start having fertility treatment. I'm really not keen on that option.
It's really making me wonder what has happened to my body since having that coil.

Babydust to you all...lisa x  
AF camps calmed right down the next day, would say they were slight today. I have the most aching boobs and never get this before AF, but not to say I dont now as coil has changed many things about my cylcle. I had the mega pains on 2nd, nausea all night on 2nd, woke 2am on 3rd and thought I was going to throw up everywhere. 3rd, pains gone, but felt really sick in car, which never happens, had to come home. Nausea last night again, slight cramping today but Iprob wouldnt notice if I wasnt monitoring my cycle. Nausea again. Done a test this morning due to breast tenderness, but BFN!! Maybe still a bit early to test, only been 24 days since last AF, Ill test again on Sunday if AF a no show.

li_sa
Some of the ladies on the forum are suggestingtying VITEX as this is a herbal way of regulating your cycle. Not a contraception. Also someone else on the forum told me you cannot ovulate when on your AF so the months where your bleeding for 2-3 weeks then only having a couple of days in between, can you even be ovulating?? Maybe these are questions for you fertility dr. Or you could buy ovulation sticks to see.
I wish you all the luck in the world on ttc, let us know how you get on.
Love, prayer and baby dust to you and all the women ttc, xx

Sorry, what's AF?

I've used ovulation kits before, which is why I first went to the DR after a yr of trying as it looked like I was never ovulating.
It also goes against me that I only have 1 working ovary due to an ectopic, but have since fallen pregnant 3 times with only the one working ovary (2 miscarriages and my son) so I know that's not the main problem.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry you are feeling so yuk x
AF your period or time of the month.
I wish I could be more help to you. If you go onto my page I have a few friends but all are very helpful. mandyjune1987 and desiree8 are very helpful and you could ad them as friends and speak to them too. Its a very helpful forum.
I wish you luck and baby dust...... hope you manage to conceive soon xx
i had my iuc taken out 2 weeks ago i had it for almost 3 yrs and havent had a period in 2 1/2 years. could i get pregnant without startin my period first??
OMG, my breasts are so sore.......................... If this is AF after coil removal, I wish the doctor would have warned me. HATE that coil. Us women really do have it rough.

Baby dust, love, thoughts and prayers to all the women ttc xx
'baby2929' - when did you have your last period?
Sorry you are feel so sore.
Thanks for your advice yesterday.

I started again this morning : ( Only just over a week since the last one stopped.
I feel horrid. Men have it so much easier!!!!
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.