Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUD- Mirena discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-210 comments:
Yes I have had mine for a year and 3 months and i am tired of the leaking I have ruined so many good panties from this, when i work out i feel like i am peeing on myself. I have sometimes the smelly discharge and its all clear. I have to take like 4 showers a day cause i constantly feel dirty down there.
My sex drive is gone and its hard to explain to my boyfriend that it not him his this udi. I am really thinking about taking it out but don't have insurance so that causes a problem for me right now
I am on Mirena and I have all those problems! I had my Mirena in since May of 2010. Before I had my son, I had tremendously horrible periods! It was to the point to where I could not even get out of bed, walk, eat or just even uncurl out of the little position I was in. After I had my son I decided to get Mirena, and it took those kinds of periods away from me and I was so blessed! So although we are all gettting those sucky problems, I am still going to stay on Mirena. I am young and I do not want anymore children probably until my 5 years of being on Mirena is up!
Hi.. Well i am having all of d above jaja... But what other method can i use that will be as safe?, i havee 3 kids 5yr old 3yr old and a 1yr old and i am not lokking to have more at least for now!?
Hello ladies,

I had the Mirena IUD inserted about a week ago. I chose Mirena because I have been having excruciating periods with lots of heavy clots and lower back pain. I am looking for some relief with my period and hope to get some, but my problem so far is...ever since I got Mirena put in I have been leaking smelly  light red or light brownish liquid. I feel dirty, smell fishy, and having to constantly wear a liner, wipe up, bathe and change panties several times a day. This has cause a slight halt in my sex life because I don't ever feel clean enough, nor think that I smell fresh enough to have sex with my husband like normal. I have a Dr appointment Nov. 23, 2011 - I hope that he can explain and this smelly discomfort will stop soon.
Omg!!  I am practically crying my *** off also!  
I have had mirena for a about two years now, I originally got on it because I pretty much had a menstrual cycle for an entire year straight every single day, and Mirena stopped me periods almost completely.  But at the same time I have had extreme hair loss, and now using Rogain, disgusting discharge ALL the time which makes me not even want to have sex! My face has been so broke out (the dermatologist can't seem to solve it) that I am too depressed to even go outside without loading up on the makeup which makes me face even worse!  I had no idea that Mirena was causing all of this because my doctor never told me, even after I explained what was happening to me...
Omg i'm so upset that I didn't look into this sooner.  It's so great knowing that there is a cause rather than it being just me.
Thank you ladies so much!!
I’ve had the same problem with odor and finally solved it, and it was so easy!!  I feel so much better and so much more comfortable now that it’s resolved.  I wanted to post something about this because I noticed on a lot of comments when I was searching for answers that people are going on antibiotics and that may not be necessary.

I got a Mirena IUD about 2 months ago and I’ve had some form of spotting/bleeding/discharge most days since I got it.  My doctor told me that should clear up after about 3 months.  I ended up noticing that my vaginal odor was getting worse and worse no matter how much I washed and I was feeling really embarrassed about it.  My doctor told me that because of constantly having blood in my vagina (even a small amount) I ended up with bacterial vaginosis (he tested me for it).  Thank goodness the solution was simple.  He told me to douche twice a day (I’ve only done it once a day) with a vinegar douche.  He specifically said not to use anything except vinegar and water.  I went to a drugstore to buy a douching product just to get the applicator (I bought summer’s eve douche – which should probably not be used because it has fragrance in it and it could make things worse).  I got a 1 liter screw-cap wine bottle, washed it out and rinsed it well and mixed 2 TBS of apple cider vinegar (you can also use plain white vinegar) and filled the rest with water.  I dumped out the Summer's Eve douche and refill the applicator and use it in the shower, making sure to wash it between uses.  The reason this works is because the vinegar makes your vaginal PH more acidic (the way it’s supposed to be) so that the bad bacteria die out.  It made a huge difference after just one use and that was about a week ago.  I can’t believe how much better I feel now.  If you want to get something that’s a little longer lasting than douching, I also bought a product called Rephresh which is great too.  Just google it to get more info.  Good luck girls!  Don’t worry – there’s a simple solution that you can do today for virtually no cost.    
I have minera place 1 year 4 months ago and today just came out what can I do
same happend to me for 3 months, it stoped. but i got bleeding ovarian cysts alot the whole time i bleed. painfull. they stoped. but sence i started having sex i cant go deep without having pain. no smelly discharge though. i i like that my period is not so horrible like it use to be so it was all worth it to me. im too busy to remember to take a pill. havent got fat and i have always had acne. and totally horny. i have always had anger issues too. just give it time
I've experienced the same thing, only now my discharge has changed to the yellowish/green gunky, snot looking disgusting fishy smelling discharge! I hate it, BUT my friend has the 10yr IUD and she has very heavy bleeding all month long and bad cramps. I'm not sure if that's what I would do. But that's what I know so far. Good luck with your decision.
so glad i found this site iv got the non hormonal copper iud and at first (3-4 weeks) it was ok but then i started getting awfull pains like my insides were coming and then the foul discharge started its terrible especially after sex even if i wash straight away and that lasts at least 2 days. on a general day to day basis im smelling kinda bad and i NEVER had this problem before. my hairs falling out and im now in variying levels of pain every day i look a few months pregnant and have pain like hes going to  deep every time we have sex. I want this thing out but ......................... my docs dont do it and waiting for an appointment or even trying to get one is taking too long. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone and i think having it put in was possibly the worst mistake iv ever made
I have the same problem..tissue like stuff with my watery discharge.  I hate it I constantly feel as if I am prego and my water is breaking all the time...I just leak with this watery discharge all the time.  Have had mine about 4 months..still getting periods but not heavy just last longer.  I am 32 and have always suffered with acne but for some reason as of late it has gotten really bad I am wondering from reading these other posts if the iud could be doing this..I am so glad am not alone..just had checkup week ago even with that nasty tissue like discharge, my doc said everything looked good, idk.
Bad odor just started about 2 1/2 months ago... I ONLY want to have sex the day before and day that I would normally start my periods that I no longer have. On those 2 days a month I have crazy sex drive. But if I miss that window... it is gone for another 27 or so days! ***** for hubby. I have had my IUD for about 2 yrs now. I noticed that the first month I had no period was when the odor symptoms  and watery discharge began. I treated a couple of times for yeast infections even though it was a 'different' smell. That didn't work. I hate going to the ob/gyn. And I really don't wanna remove my iud because I suffer from horrible painful, long, and heavy periods. Thanks for all your comments it is nice to know I am not alone!
Hi, I see that there are a lot of us experiencing the same problems. I've had my Mirena for about 6mths now after the birth of my third child. Ever since I had the Mirena inserted I have had constant watery discharge and I have to wear a liner everyday. It is causing problems between my husband and I during sex due to the increased lubrication. I have read that one of the ways the Mirena works is by increasing the mucus at the entrance of the uterus to help prevent the sperm entering the uterus. My question is... is there a solution??? Can this be fixed or should I just get it removed and get my husband to have a vasectomy? Has anyone experiencing these problems had their Mirena replaced and had the problems go away? I love not having my period and am having no problems with my sex drive (which is an issue I have when I'm on the pill). Can anyone please help???
Oh my gosh I thought I was alone!!  I have mine about a year and have discharge all the time! Like its so bad I have to change my underwear if I forget the liner that day! What should I do!?!
Maybe I'm the lucky one of all of us. I had the most horrible cramps during my period, I couldn't stay awake for a week before I started because I was so exhausted, and sometimes I felt like I was literally losing my mind because of the mood swings. Since I had my Mirena put in, yes, I've had some discharge, and it's kinda a pain, but this is far better than being hijacked by own body for two weeks a month. No matter what I tried, those two weeks were miserable for everyone, but it was destrying my life, and Mirena gave my life back to me. At 45, I guess the discharge is one of those things that I can openly discuss with my partner so I don't have to feel embarrassed about it. It's not optimal to have to use a liner now and then, since I've always used tampons, but it's not everday, so I don't mind. I hopee the things that have happened to everyone else here doesn't happen to me, but at least I know what to watch for. Believe me, I won't have ANY problem talking to my doctor about my concerns, maybe because I'm just too old to care what they think. They're supposed to be there for us, taking care of us, and if they don't, bye bye. Good luck, ladies
Well, i see im not the only one with all of these problems. So heres my story. I've had the mirena in for 3 years now, 3 months after my son was born. i couldnt wait because i thought this was the best BC ever! I didnt have to worry about taking a pill everyday and bleeding/spotting constantly like i did on BC pills. the first year i had it, it was great, no periods, no pain, didnt even know it was there. i recommended it to everybody and then after that first year/year and a half, all of the symptoms came on more and more, one after the other. First, the fatigue!!!! omg, i cant even take how tired i am! im a single mother, go to school and work, i do not have time to be this tired. i could sleep 12 hours a night with my son and still need 2 naps during the day, i just coudlnt get enough. Second, the acne is horrific! i have always had beautiful clear skin, always got compliments because when i say i never broke out, no joke, i didnt. (one pimple here and there). i drink tons of water all day, not a caffeine junkie because i have a very sensitive stomach so i know its not that and the acne i started getting is all over my chin and forehead and they're cystic pimples. they're enormous and come 2/4 at a time, ugliest things ive ever seen and so embarrassing!  Third thing, the discharge. i cannot stand with my whole heart to wear pads. i feel like im wearing a diaper and they're gross. since having this thing in me, i have to wear one everyday or i feel like i wet myself and not in a good way. its like a gush of water and i know its not std or anything else because i have not had sex in 2 years(no joke).and i've made them test me, even though i didnt have sex. i had/have no sex drive, no desire, no time...im far too busy to even want it, and i could care less about it. which leads me to the next problem. i had a very high sex drive, loved it. i could go months without even getting a single sensation of intimacy running through my body. im about to be 27, thats horrific to think i've lost my sex drive already but i know its gotta be because of this thing. I've also gotten increased lower back pain, it seems like it gets worse and worse the longer i have it in, and i never got cramps when i got my period before and now that i dont get my period with this in, i get them times 10! so sharp that i have to put so much pressure on my ovaries to alleviate the pain. the weight gain is clearly a symptom for us all. i also get dizzy spells like crazy and im also very edgy and have really high anxiety. and lastly, the headaches. the most annoying kind of headache imagineable, the one thats very faint but lingers no matter what. i have two friends who had the mirena and both got theirs taken out in the same amount of time, its like a 3 year thing. the first year is great and then every year after that, the symptoms get worse. today is thursday and im getting mine out on tuesday and i've never been more excited about something in my life, (except my sons arrival, of course). if any of you are experiencing problems, get it out! save yourself the torture.  
since having it out, did you get your sex drive back?
I had my IUD inserted as an emergency due to contraception failure, but i was also considering it anyway as it would be more convenient. Since having it inserted I've had a really unpleasant consistency clear discharge - apologies - but it is comparable to the consistency of the stuff that comes out of your nose when you're ill. is this normal?! i am getting quite fed up and worried - a few things come to mind and i panic that the IUD may not have done its job in the first place...
Ditto on finding this sight.... i have been researching yellow vaginal dishcharge and have worked my nerves thinking some kind of cancer.  i have to wear a panty liner everyday.  i am so wet down there that the fat rolls between my vaginal become raw.  lol.  i guess that is because of the weight i have put on since having it it.  i too am gonna have it removed.  my husband and i are in our late 30's and i have two children and he has three.  i sure dont want the Brady Bunch but i cant take this anymore

I had mine inserted Dec 14. It was painful but nothing too bad. After insertion I had some pretty intense cramping and spotting for the next few days. Then when it came time for my period I had the most insane cramps I'd ever had. I had really short periods before getting the Merena but this period lasted for 10 days. My second period wasn't as bad but I had random spotting for about 2 weeks afterwards. I just got married and I used to have a pretty amazing sex drive and it was never an issue climaxing now however my sex drive has lowered and I have had a hard time reaching orgasm. Its pretty embarrassing cause it never use to be an issue. My husband has been super patient with me and because of this having an orgasm is becoming a lot easier again. I have also noticed a pretty foul odor... I'm super self conscious about it and am worried my husband can smell it. I'm also freaking out a bit after reading all of these posts that I might have bacterial vaginosis or PID. I have also noticed that my breasts and nipples are super tender. Has anyone experienced that? I think I'm going to give this thing a few more months and see what happens before I decide to take it out. I love not having to worry about getting pregnant though.
i have had my IUD for 2 yrs!!! at first i had a lot of pain i went to my OBG and he said ever thing is fine don't worry (yea you say that because its not happening to you). after that i started to noetics a smelly discharge and had to start wearing pantiliners everyday!! and when i was having sex i had a lot of discharge its so embarrassing and smelly. my sex drive went down the drain then i stared to noticing a big weight gain. then i stared having acne problems something i didn't have problems as a teen!! now i'm having a brownish discharge and spotting all the time. this is not what i was expecting i am very disappointed. and cant wait to get it out! 2 yrs is a long time i just wish i would have got it out way sooner then this!!!
I had the Mirena put in 5 months after i had my son and I gained so much weight its been a year and 2 months since I've had it and i have horrible discharge and it smells really bad!!! i thought i had caught something too but I've talked to some people and they said Mirena does that too you im thinking about taking it out like i feel horrible all the time and im very very moody  WHAT SHOULD I DO ???
Mirena IUD have several issues.  Me my friends and cousin all have the same side effects. When you go to the doctor they tells you everything is perfect fine and it not the mirena, but I know better because why we all have the same issues.  The issues includes fishy discharge, spotting off and on, cramps in the leg and stomach when it usually be that time of the  month.  I will not be suprise if in the next couple year we will see a commerical showing we can sue for the mirena.  But it is a plastic device sure it has a lot baterial caught up there.  You must be really clean and have sex one person.  Take Pro biotic and drink plenty of water and get check often.   Good luck to all....
Omg i just cant believe how many people are having the same problem as i am. I thought the mirena would be soo worth it and it has been I barely get a period, if at all. But what kills me is this discharge! I've had the mirena for about 1 1/2 yr. I bled for 6 mons straight then it stop which i did my research and everyone seem to go through the same thing but I would say about 8 to 9mon i started getting very thick discharge! it didnt bother me too much till i was diagnosed with chlym which i got treated and got tested again after treatment and came out negative, but ever since then my discharge has gotten worse alot more thicker and more frequent. Now my discharge has this strong smell, not in a disgusting way but its jus alot more stronger than before and I'm sick of it! i feel nasty! im gonna get my self check again but idk if i want to continue with this anymore but i want to make sure i get another birth control anybody know of another iud thats good??
seriosly after all these post ive been reading its the same thing i never had green nipple discharge but i lactated for a long time not alot but during sex it was weird i never breast fed. I think i came up with a solution that this mirena has caused all these side effects! im just soo scared that this is not leading to PID or anything that can cause infertilty, im a young mother of my 1 yr old i want more children but just when I'm financly ready and mirena has been good to not get me preggo again but i want to mke sure it aint tkin away my abilty to have more children either...:(
Im having the same problem and am so happy to find out it is the Mirena and not me....was wondering if you had it removed and if yes, how long before things went back to normal

Thanks You!!!
I have had the mirena for almost 4 years now.  I immediately noticed side effects.  I had so much cramping and lower back pain.  I went to the doctor a few months after having it inserted, and I was told everything was fine.  So I tried to ignore my problems.  After a year, I went for my pap, and the strings couldn't be seen.  The NP had to get a special device and finally spotted them.  But I was assured everything was fine, and the IUD was not the cause of my incessant cramping.  A year later, I was fed up and determined to get it out.  Again, the mirena couldn't be located, and I had to have an ultrasound.  The strings had curled up inside my uterus, but the dr insisted placement was perfect, and perhaps my systems were gastrointestinal. (and if I wanted it removed, he would have to use a uterine clamp...ouch!!!!)  I've taken I don't know how many home pregnancy tests, b/c the symptoms mimic early pregnancy.  Now for a couple weeks, my cramps are daily...and nearly all day....my back hurts, I get sharp, shooting pains in lower abdomen...I haven't had my period for 3 months.....and having thick, yellowish mucous-like discharge in large amounts.  Another strange symptom is the sensation of something moving inside my uterus....like the fluttering or kicking of a fetus....just all of a sudden.  And when I climax, I sometimes feel it move with a birthing-like contraction.  And no, not pregnant....had this feeling since I've had mirena.  I'm going to make an appointment to see how to get it removed....not looking forward to the bill, though!  
I hate this iud with the passion.. i don't even want to wear dresses. I constantly have liquids gushing out. It smells horrible down there. even after a shower it will smell within minutes.. i constantly change underwear... i never had back pain this bad in my life.. acne is disgusting.. i always had clear skin all my life then i put this thing in me and i have ingrown pimples that leave marks for weeks. my anxiety has gotten worst and i stress way more easily on life. im constantly tired and 8 hours of sleep isnt enough which before i placed the iud 6 hours i could function all day.. i only had this thing since feb.. i had tried the implanon (the one placed inside your arm) for a whole year it gave me the same exact symptoms as this stupid thing and so does the depo provera (i tried that one for 6 months) since they all use the same hormones.. it seriously makes me not want to have sex at all.. thats how this thing works cause the smell is so foul no one will want to do you. Its just an odd smell.. not like period or anything. its weird and very gross.. i do not feel like a woman. im fed up, even my gyno was like omg thats an awful smell but she still insisted to keep it in cause it cost a lot of money. its extremely embarrassing. i never known my vajay could smell so horrible and im gonna get it removed on the 21st of this month and i will never in my life get it again.
Im only 18 so im new to all of this i got the 5 year Mirena a month after I had my daughter in September. I never had really bad cramping with my period before but now i dont have a period but my cramping feels like im in labor again its so bad..  Ive gained so much weight since ive been on it but i eat right and exercise everyday. im like most of you im always having to change underwear i take multiple showers a day because my discharge has a smell ive tried everything i can think of to get things back to normal but im out of ideas. i dont want to have the Mirena removed because its is the best birth control ive tried. I cant do the dippo shot because it made me sick. and i cant take the pills because im always on the run and forgetful and theyve also made me sick.. anybody have ideas?
Im so glad I found this site I have had the mirena for 3yrs now I liked having it at first then i kept having a discharge. I went to the doctor and found out i had a bacterial infection. Ok i took the meds and every thing but it kept coming back.  My main concern was recently I had a period on 6-28 and now its back but it has a foul smell that you would not believe. I was in shock like What is that smell? Does anybody know what causes this and how can i fix it? I knw i dnt have a Std because I've had the same partner for 5yrs and we get check ups together.. Im thinking about getting my mirena removed cant take the smell. open to suggestions
I was always having a musty smell before the Mirena, and it is still the same, even the discharge. I am not sure as to whatis causing it, but will be going to the doc in 2 weeks to find out what could be the problem. I have not had so much of a problem with the Mirena at all, but I only had it for going on 7 months on the 2nd of August. I will do an update after the exam.
I have had my mirena since Feb and also have been having a large increase in brownish, mostly clear liquid discharge. I am REQUIRED to wear panty liners because most times it just comes out of nowhere and surprises me! For the past three days, I woke up with my vaginal tunnel (lol) full of liquid, and had to run to the toilet to let it drain. One day it felt like pee! I quickly realized it wasn't though. It doesn't smell like anything but by the way it sounds from posts I've read, I'm worried it might start to smell. I'm waiting it out to see if it stops or gets worse and stops smelling to determine whether I want this thing out!
One good side note: My daily cramps finally stopped during the 4th month after IUD placement.
I had mine inserted on August of 2011. I had several issues. I get cysts in my ovaries that come and go. I experience the pain in either one of my ovaries. Sometimes I get a discharge that looks like a orange clump and its hard (like, hard fat?) I have not gain any weight, contrary, I am a runner, so I am active. I lost 40 pounds since I got it in. The watery discharge occurs when I am ovulating and it does not happen often. My sex drive goes up and down depending on our work schedules but my husband and I have intercourse around 9 to 12 times per month (more than before I had the mirena, less than before I had kids).The one thing is that we can only have intercourse on one position because my husband can feel the strings which were cut again because of the same problem (too long the fist time, they used to hand outside, then now shorter strings but they poke my husband). Beside that, I don't mind it. I have no acne problems but I do have back pains from previous injuries. So far, working out is wonderful, sex is great, sex drive is great, activity levels are great. Spotting occurs a few times every other month. I get my period every other month.
When a doctor removes the iud they tell you to cough and just pull it out it is uncomfortable but not painful i have one now and have had it once before
Hay. I am having the same thing.  I.had my 5 year iud since July.after my 6 weeks of having my daughter. First week I was on for about 2 months den I.believe I skip a month n. That following I.was on for 5 days but spotting in between. For two days the next I had a period for two days im waiting on my next but when im off I.have a lot of discharge like u.will have while.pregnant pain on my low stomach kinda by my the.  Flopian tube n my sex drive is crazy. I get horny all the time. But I keep getting uti's my breast a lil sore I eat up everything.  I thought I was pregnant but I took a test im not the doctor said it's just the hormones going to your body and workn. U dnt c hair loss yet or anything that make me wonder its just the bacteria infections and my partner wondering why u keep taking pills and going to the doctor what u hiding shaking my head but atleast um not pregnant lol n STD free
I am a RN and have had the Mirena for 4.5 years. Remember, everyone is diffrent. Some have no periods, some have heavy periods. The bottom line is if it it painful, or misserable to have the IUD, talk to your doctor and take it out! Don't try to tough it out. Most likely these symptoms will continue to be there. There are risks, and your doctor can help you figure out if the side effects are worth it, or indicitive of a problem. I still have heavy periods, i have the weird wattery discharge, but I just deal with it. Its okay if you aren't  willing to do so. If its making you misserable, get rid of it! Don't be ashamed, this isnt right for everyone. It is important to find what is right for you :)
This is the same issue I have.  I had my first son in 2008 and before he was one, gave birth to a set of twins.  I knew I had to have some sort of contraception in place after that.  But every since I've had the Mirena, I have had nothing but problems.  Yeast infections, infections the doctors can't explain.  I was tested for STD's for about 9 months straight trying to find out what was going on with me.  That was very embarassing because I am faithful to my husband and it's just a bad look.  I don't know what directed me to this page, but after seeing all of this, I am getting mine taken out ASAP.  I thought I was alone and that my body was so out of line.  I hate that you all are experiencing this, but it puts my mind at ease knowing that I'm not alone.
did you ever get your mirena removed or what did the doctor say ?
Thanks, I'll try that!
Thanks, I'll try that!
I've had my second Mirena for 2 years now. My first was completely uneventful, but this second one...man, is it a pain with the repeated infections and discharge. Glad I read most of these comments. I have the same discharge; frequent, odorous...and many MANY UTIs as well as bacterial infections to the point where my urine contains white blood cells. They are about to send me to a renal specialist, but now I'm having it removed this month to see if things improve. We all know our bodies. My daughter has Mirena too and just came from the OBGYN with a suspected bad yeast infection, which prompted this search today. Nothing is worth this IUD. They must've changed it through the years. I'm 47 and my husband will gladly get a vasectomy; however for you younger ladies, please remove it and choose a safer method. Good luck to all.
I've had my Mirena in for 2 1/2 years. I've also been experiencing the excessive discharge. I feel gross all the time and I agree it's embarrasing. Also, i've felt fluttering in my abdomen and have taken a few pregnancy tests which obviously came back negative. It feels like a baby moving, it's weird. Almost 1 year ago i was having extreme pain in my tailbone. I had all kinds of tests done but nothing out of the ordinary came back. I asked my OBGYN if my tailbone pain could be associated to my IUD. She said no. I know everyone who has commented has experienced all of the above symtoms (symptoms) but has anyone had the tailbone pain?? It has since subsided and I do still have the mirena in place but now I have constant discharge and it's really annoying. I've seriously considered getting it taken out. The only thing that's kept me from doing it is knowing that it's doing what I had it put in for. To all the women who've had the mirena taken out, have all your similar symtoms (symptoms) subsided after getting it taken out?
Unfortunately, no, I still haven't taken mine out yet.  But I am.  I never remember taking pills as scheduled and that's why the Mirena is best for me, but just last week, my tailbone pain started.  I said since I haven't had a cycle in 3 years, the pain was due to it being "that" time.  But didn't even consider it being associated with the Mirena.  And yes, I have been feeling the fluttering for years.  And it's funny because I thought the home pregnancy test was inaccurate.  I told my doctor, "I know when I feel a baby moving."  But again, I didn't associate it with the Mirena.  I hope my symptoms disappear when it is removed because I can't take the disgusting feeling anymore.  
I had the Mirena, It was fine for about 6 months then I kept feeling like I was getting pregnant. At first I had no periods, then light ones, then finally a Lima bean came out ... You could see it, I was very much pregnant but of course the doctors wouldn't say it was true due to rules of treatment and they didn't want a lawsuit to deal with. I kept bacterial infections if not yeast infections and a sore spot inside where it was. I only have one child and I do want more. I'm not sure that I can have them - I haven't tried, but my periods are completely irregular . It makes me very nervous. I do not have health care anymore so it makes it difficult to check things out but hopefully I will soon .
I would never recommend mirena.
On another note my close friend has it and has had no problems.
Is my girlfriend cheating on me? A few months back, before intercourse, I noticed that she had a foul smelling odor coming from her vagina. Really repugnant (it didn't say that, I just said that I felt the smell of semen. Didn't say it came from her)

There was also a sperm-like discharge around the opening of cervix and in my hand it certainly looked like old semen! Perhaps more "sticky". On that day, we hadn't had sex for roughly 48 hours.

She has a Mirena IUD. From what I can tell of the commentators above, you are more likely to have a odorless discharge and if it is smelly, it is probably an infection - she doesn't have one.
Supplemental: this is the first time ever since she got her Mirena IUD (a year ago) that I have noticed anything like that. Since then there has been such mucus present, but not at all smelly. So my suspicion arouse simply because this doesn't happen more often (from what I know)
Hello I've had the Mirena for two weeks now . I'm now producing a little watery brown discharge , does that mean the spotting is subsiding. I have been bleeding every since I got it put in ! Very frustrating :(
I too am experiencing the same symptoms.  I can not stand constantly having to wear panty liners.  I feel as if I am constantly urinating on myself.  Is anyone else experiencing the same yellow watery discharge.  I am glad I am not the only one experiencing this.  I have tried researching online but haven't had much success.  Is anyone else having the same problem and if so have you found any relief or was told what is causing the watery yellow discharge.
I have a mirena as well. I have not only gained weight but the smelly underwear is horrible. It's so unsexy. When I laugh hard or sneeze I pee myself.
Hi girls ....I am 20 years old I ha  the mirena in for about 2 years...I hat  having sex because I don't like th  smell I give off because of the mirena..I keep getting UTIs or bv. It's because of the blood that is left over but now I am having discomfort in my abdominal and now I have this thick brown blood...I thought it was my period my when I where a pad nothing comes out...when input on a tampon it's on the tampon...I l we there's no blood....I wipe no blood I really don't know what to do and what's wrong please can someone share some light
Viewing 201-210 comments: