Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI 1st Try Lex Babyblu Helen72

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI 1st Try Lex Babyblu Helen72

I am a first-try IUIer this month also. AF came Saturday, so I started 100mg Clomid today on cd3 (last month was 50mg) and will have an ultrasound Wednesday 12/5 to see if my follicles are maturing. Last month they did not mature until cd16 and I had an HCG shot. Maybe more Clomid will help (?????)

Anyway, since we are all doing this for the first time, I would be happy if we shared info and kept up with each other.
I had IUI for the first time on Thanksgiving.  I did Clomid for four months and then moved on to injectables this month with an IUI.  My RE will do injectables and IUI three times so I really hope it works this month and I won't have to worry!!!!
Good luck to both of you.  This cycle is my first try IUI as well. After taking clomid 100mg and estradiol, i will OPK on CD10 and if it's pos, i will coming in for sonogram to check follicles and if everything going fine and follicles mature enough, then dr. will schedule me for IUI.  I hope it's work.  

Take care.
sometimes clomid will make you ovulate later its ok i ovulated last month on injectables on cd15 i got my ovedril injection and than i went in on cd16 for the IUI...i did use clomid before too for like 4 months...the first month it worked on 50mg but i dint get preg. and i dint do IUI the other months increasing each month nothing was happening other than my lining getting thinner so i stopped and moved into injections i hope your IUI works! good luck.
Hi HeatherJo I'm on CD5 today and still doing the injections. I'm going for check up on Thursday to see how my follicles are maturing.  Based on previous experience I will probably do a triggers hot on CD 11 and will have to go for IUI on CD13 which will probably happen next wednesday.  With injections I ovulate very early, but with Clomid I used to ovulate on CD16.

My AF is about to start.  I keep spotting but no bleeding yet.  I hope AF does not show till tomorrow since that would put my IUI on Sunday.  I am not doing clomid or injectables, just IUI so I will not be monitored.  If this round is a failure, I'll move on to some help.
Lets stay in touch this cycle!  Good luck to all,  Helen
Hey 1st Try IUI Gang!

Thanks for all ya'll's responses :-) It really helped knowing that ovulating later was not so uncommon. BTW, what injectables are you guys talking about? I believe I will just be getting an HCG shot, but I am not sure.

Hope we ALL get our BFPs soon, and thanks again to all of you for posting.--Heather
Helen - I know what you mean, it's a pain going in for procedure or just monitoring on the weekend.  My AF showed up on Friday so I had to go in for Day 2 b/w on Sat.  I have to go back on Thursday and then it's every other day until IUI, which means that on Sat I'll have to go back there for more monitoring.

HeatherJo - I used HCG shot in combination with Clomid to trigger ovulation.  Now I use Ovidrell, it's the same idea, don't even know what the difference is.
Why do you need trigger with clomid?  What does it do?
It makes sure that follicles release.  But I think that if you're getting a definite positive on OPK then you're probably are ok.

This might sound stupid, but I'm not sure how this works: what happens if you have mature follicles, but don't ovulate on your own.  Do they just disintegrate at a certain point if they are not released?
I think that naturally your body would only release one egg even if a few are mature.  Thus, multiples are very uncommon in nature.  Perhaps the trigger ensures that all mature eggs are released?  This is just a guess...
Good Morning Ladies,
This is CD7 for me and today I had my u/s and b/w done.  Looks like on the right side I don't have any significant follicles at this time, only 1 thats 7mm, and others were too small to measure.  On the left side, I have 3 that are 14mm.  It's pretty early in the game, so I'm confident that they will continue to grow.  RE said that they grow 2mm per day.  I'm going back on Sat.