Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI and Cramping for 6 Days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI and Cramping for 6 Days

I am really worried, I had an IUI on Feb 11 and I have been having cramping every day since. I had 12 Folicles and I am worried that there is something wrong. This morning my Chest was larger than normal and my stomach had some bloated. We test on the 25 to see if it worked. Has this happened to anyone else and had a positive result??
I've had 4 IUI's and always get cramping afterwards.  I think it is really normal.  Having 12 follies though is terrific!!  Also your breasts seeming fuller is also a good sign, though it is very early for that.  I hope this works for you.

I got a BFP after doing IUI and had period type cramping until I tested 11DPO.  I also had sore boobs. I sware I was getting my AF but instead got a BFP so don't give up hope. I pray that you also get your BFP. Hang in there.
I was cramping for 5 days after my last IUI, then was ok for about 4 days and after that cramping resumed that felt very much like AF.  I got my BFP tonight, it hasn't been confirmed yet by a blood test, but a line is a line.
So what you're feeling is normal, and hope you get your BFP soon.
Hello!

Don't worry.. I was scared too when I had that many follies and then did IUI.  I bloated up so badly, and it was really uncomfortable.  I also cramped really badly for a week and a half.  It's totally normal.  My bloating/cramping stopped at about 10 dpIUI, and I think I'm BFP too!  Maybe it's a good sign!

Sheri
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! You have made me feel so much better!!!! God Bless you all for your comforting words.
I am on day 8 past IUI and I have cramping too, long with breast tenderness, fatigue and nausea. I am so hoping it is not AF......
Had some cramping right after IUI, but now it is worse.
how many IUI's have you had before it worked? I'm working on my 6th one.
I was just asked what the results were of my Test and I totally forgot to write and tell everyone that I AM PREGNANT!!! I will be due at the end of October early November. I go on Good Friday to see the baby and Hear the Heartbeat.

Thank you all so much for your support. It meant alot to me
CONGRATS!!!! Anne!!! That is sooo great! I am 4dpIUI, so we are still in the 2ww. I was lead to this post because I just starting feeling very bloated also, and have been experienceing mentrual like cramps since the IUI. Some weird crampy, type funny feelings more so on the right. Don't want to get my hopes up for anything, so....trying not to think about it really but....of course you can't help but thinking about it. Don't know how many follies, or sizes or anything, but, I do know we had 84 million swimmers for the IUI, so that's good at least=)

Good luck, and Baby dust to everyone else!!!=)

JLO
I had my first IUI on Monday the 17, but I had 7 follies 13.4-17.8 mm 36 hours before the HCG injection, so at least 4 should have plumped up to the right size, but only 1.2 million sperm post wash; the last analysis had 8 million, and I doubt our doc will attempt IUI again since it dropped so much. We have a 2 year old, and my hubby has kidney disease which is the cause of our fertility issues. We really didn't tell anyone about the procedure because we don't want a bunch of questions, or for anybody to be disappointed if it doesn't work. I got to this thread b/c I'm having weird cramping and my stomache has been pretty upset since the IUI. I don't want to be hopeful, but can you really help it? My son is awesome, he's one of the reasons we're trying everything. I'm just writing to say CONGRATULATIONS to all that this worked for and thank you for sharing! It helps knowing how many people go through similar things.