IUI with 50mg of Clomid
Hello Ladies,

I am getting ready to do my first round of IUI this coming week on either 3/7/12 or 3/8/12. It all depends on what my follies look like during my appointment on 3/6/12...

I was on Clomid for 3 months last year (March through May) and never conceived. I ended up having to have a endometrial polyp removed from my uterus cavity on 8/1/11. Not sure if it already existed or if the Clomid caused it.

This year we decided that if we were going to take Clomid then we are going straight for IUI. According to my doctor, I have ovulation problems because my cycles are too short. Other than that, there isn't anything else he can see that could be preventing me from becoming pregnant.

I am hoping that maybe another key factor has been my cervical mucus and maybe with doing IUI I can FINALLY get a BFP! Has anyone had a similar story? Has anyone conceived on their first IUI cycle?

I would love to hear some positive stories to help give me hope!!

Lovingly,
Jess
I have had multiple IUIs with clomid and always got BFN. We have since moved onto IVF with injectable meds. I have had five gyn surgeries to correct problems and polyps. My friend got a BFP doing her first IUI after fibroid surgery ( her daughter is 17 now). I know it works for many people and hopefully it will give you the BFP you are waiting for. Good luck!
I am so sorry to hear that about the failed IUI's. But I am praying that IVF works for you!! It does give me hope that it worked for your friend! Idk. With all of this infertility stuff, its just so overwhelming, sigh.

Thank you again for the good luck, I am sending good luck right back to you!!

SSBD!!
Hey chicky, just have faith it will work dear, cause it will even if goodness forbid it's not round 1..it will happen..believe it girl! I have heard of ladies getting a BFP on round 1 though so I hope I hope it makes you feel better, in fact I know a lady from another site that got pregnant 3 times on IUI number 1 and then on number 2..so relax, you will get your miracle! Take care
Thanks so much Jenn! Just reading that lil bit bout you hearing of it happening for someone else on the first tries gives me more hope!! I honestly just need this week to come n go. I have so much anxiety its retarded lol. ...

I shall try to relax as much as I can lol. And I will be sure to update you after my u/s appointment on Tuesday ;-)
Jess,

Things will work just fine for you.  I did not have IUI I gad a frozen egg transfer after having fibroid surgery and I got BFP and I am almost 12 weeks into my pregnancy, so I know it will work for you.  Have faith and stay positive.
Thank you so much girl! I need all the hope I can get right now! It truly means a lot to me to hear those inspiring words of encouragement =)!! I will have faith and try to remain as positive as possible!! I really need to practice what I preach lol.

Thanks again!!
beddajess-

When you wer on Clomid did you get a +OPK?  I just wondered b/c I took it for 5 cycles and got +OPK's but didn' get pregnant.  I'm really hoping to get a BFP my first round of IUI too.  With Femara for me though.  I'll be watching to see what happens and wishing you all the luck in the world!!!!!  XOXO
Hi, I am new to the forum. How did you first IUI go? My second will be coming in a couple of weeks and my goal, this time, is to keep my mind positive and busy on other things. That's what everyone told me to do during the last 2WW. I know it's hard, but try to relax and let your body do its thing. I just talked to a woman the other day who got pregnant with her first IUI, so it does happen. Take care and try to stay positive:)
Last year when I took Clomid n we were ttc, I did the opk's and they were always positive. I took 50 mg from March to May of 2011...

This cycle this year with the IUI I decided not to do any of my own testing as far as opk's or temping. I guess I just didn't want the stress behind it ya know?

Thank you so much for wishing me luck! It means so much and I hope to be a success story for conceiving on the first try with IUI!!

SSBD to you my dear!!
Hi There =)

My first IUI went pretty good. My boyfriends swimmers after being washed were at a 90% rate, which we were told was great! So I am hoping we made good timing! One thing that was so weird, is I had major tenderness from 3-8-12 (the day of IUI) all the way up until yesterday 3-13-12.

When will you be having your next IUI done?

Thank you so much, I believe that's a great goal to have and I "was" doing pretty good but now I am a mess lol Thank you for sharing that with me about the woman you talked to who got prego on her first IUI cycle, it gives me hope!! =)

Can't wait to hear how your next IUI cycle goes!! SSBD!!
I am finishing the 3 - 7 day clomid cycle tonight, so hopefully my IUI will scheduled at the end of next week. I have not, or will not, be doing the trigger shot. I am hoping it works this time because the doc wants to be more aggressive for the next round of IUI, my third and last chance - I am kinda freaked out by the idea of injectables.

How are you feeling? You are almost at the end of the 2WW! I wish you a BFP
Sounds like your IUI is right around the corner =D! YAY!!

My doctor also said he would only do 3 rounds of IUI and then we would have to discuss IVF (of which we cannot afford).

I wouldn't be too freaked out by the injectables. Do you have anyone who can help you with them just in case??

I am 9 dpo and I am feeling depressed to be honest with you. I really don't feel it worked but I know its soon. I really appreciate the wishes for a BFP. It means so much to me!

Please keep me posted on how your IUI cycle is going! I am praying for you!!
I had to do 4 IUI's before I got a BFP.  The last two were monitored by ultrasound to ensure the timing and I did use a trigger shot.  I unfortunately lost the pregnancy when it was discovered at 6 weeks to be ectopic, but when I'm cleared to try again we will be doing up to 3 more IUI's with ultrasound monitoring and a trigger.

After that if we don't have success, we will need to move on to IVF, but I'm choosing to do a mini-IVF, so there will not be any (or not many) injectable meds.  

I wish you and the others in this thread who are in process or a TWW the best of luck!
Thank you for sharing what you have been through. I really appreciate it. But I am so sorry to hear that about the ectopic pregnancy :( .... this cycle was monitored with trigger shot n IUI. I had 2 good eggs and my bf's swimmers were at a 90% rate after being washed. So we are super hopeful. And if I'm not mistaken, I had a tiny bit of blood drops on my undies earlier today..... Thank you for the prayers! I am thinking of you n I admire you for not giving up! It's women like you who inspire me! Take care n I will be sure to update as soon as I know anything Xoxo
I just wanted to let everyone know that my first IUI cycle was not successful :( ... So we will be trying for IUI #2 this new cycle.

I am sending truck loads of baby dust to all of you wonderful ladies in need!!

Lovingly,
Jess xoxo
Im sorry Jess. Big hugs!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! XOXO
Im so sorry to hear Jess..don't lose hope girl, youl get a BFP this cycle...just relax and dont stress out...things will work out just the way u want!!

Loads n loads of baby dust to u!!!
I am so sorry Jess.I know exactly waht you are going through and how you are feeling.Our first try with iui was also not successful.Got my AF on the 14dpiui....actually right on tiime.Very disappointed.I cried the whole past weekend.It is very hard.I hope you will feel better cos I am very disappointed and really thought I am preggies.Just gonna take a break now.Good luck.
Thank you so much girlie!! It means a lot but we actually couldn't go fwd with another round of IUI :( I had my AMH blood work done and it came back very low but I do not know exact numbers until my doc appt on April 6th...

We are super bummed.
BIG HUGS!!!

I am so sorry you got a BFN too =( I wish I could take the pain away girlie. All I can say is no matter what, we cannot give up!!

SSBD!! xoxo