Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI

I just had my 2nd iui on 2/10 & 2/11.  On the 4th day I went back for my blood test to check my progesterone level, and was told it was at level 9, and did not need to take another shot of Ovidrel, however the dr put me on Estradial for 15 days.  2mg two tablets twice a day.  On the 5th day after my iui I started experiencing extremely soar breasts, to this day are still extremely soar.  Much worse then pms.  Could this be a side effect of the estradiol, or could it be pregnancy effects.  I go for a pregnancy test on 2/25.  When I called and asked my dr. about these side effects I was told it is just a reaction to all the hormones inside my body, and that my progesterone level was excellent# to hold a pregnancy.  Was told to take tylenol, but it does nothing.  Has anyone else taken estradiol after in iui and experiences these reactions?  Has anyone experiences pregnancy effects this early after and iui?  

Any feedback is greatly appreciated,
DP
Tags: estradiol
I always experienced very sore breasts when I was on hormones, specifically estradiol and clomid. After ovulation/IUI was always the worst for me, I used to walk around holding my breasts up for a long time after taking off my bra just to avoid the pain. On the other hand those could be pregnancy symptoms, lets hope that is it!!
I never took estradiol after my IUI. I always took it from Day8-12 of my cycle. I never experience sore breasts or anything from it so maybe it's a good sign. However if you get sore breasts before your period this could also be the case. Hang in there!
Yes, I had sore breasts when I took hormones after IUI.  Who knows--maybe your symptoms are the  real deal!!!  Fingers crossed!!!!
I too have been experiencing tender breasts and abdominal cramps and back aches since IUI on 2/6.  I have not seen AF and today is cd30. I'll be going in for pregnancy test on 2/26.  Will say a prayer for you while I am praying for our gift of love!

latingemini
Did you end up getting your bfp?
Hi ladies,
I am one of you here and really want to share my symptoms since iui was performed.

1dpo-- cramps and vivid dreams , very uncomfotable.
2 dpo- to 6 dpo slight stomach cramping, twinges now n then a bit sleepy. clear CM . A bit thirsty.
7dpo-- slight cramping , slight sensation in the nipples only , a bit of swollen down there (tmi) always have a runny nose specially at meal times. tired.went to the loo three to four times for the 2nd (tmi) could feel areolas even with the thick bra on.lightheaded. very thirsty.
8dpo- fuller breasts, sensitive nipples, clear cm, slightly swollen down there.went to the loo three to four times for the 2nd (tmi).felt a bit different and very thirsty.
9dpo-- very slight cramping and felt nipples a bit bigger than normal and errect in shower. slight nausea at night.
10dpo--- no more symptoms like they all vanished completely.
11-dpo-- no symptoms :'(
12 dpo--- sore tummy a couple of pimples like i get right before AF
13 dpo-- sore tummy  and few cramps like i get right before AF :( bad craving for crisps.
14dpo--- very sore tummy , cramps in the morning like AF arrives, a bit sore boobs just like before AF arrives. tummy sticking out a bit swollen as well like i get before the ugly AF :( cravings for crisps.

scared.....