Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI's back to back>
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IUI's back to back>

I have a question in regard to having IUI's done two days in a row?...I noticed a few women posted that they had IUI's done two days in a row does this better our chances of success...or is this just to make sure that the ovulation time is covered?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, when I had my IUI they always did 2 in a row, my Dr said it was for increasing the chances and also even if you ovulated it will last 24 hrs so if the 1st day nothing happened at least the egg stays 24hrs this is why they try also the 2nd day. But monitor your temp, I once checked it after the 2days in a row process and I still did not ovulate so I had 3 in a row. Anyways each body is different and Good Luck to you!
Blank
342693_tn?1405724715
Thanks for the reply I am just so nervous and anxious!!! According  to askdramy.com today is my date for implantation??? My RE said that I could test on 10.6 and AF is due on 10.8...This two wk thing is such a drag...as of today no signs or symptoms at all!! WHat treatments are you doing?
Blank
My case is different now than yours. In brief, I had my first son who is now 3 yrs old thru IUI (3rd time succeeded) with only treatment taken was chlomide. I've been trying for 2yrs for another baby thru IUI also but 7 IUI failed with stronger treatment gonal inj. Dr couldn't explain why, said I could keep trying but I refused cause I'm almost 41 yrs old and feel I needed a more agressive approach, so we opted for IVF. This month was my first IVF. So far pregnant but still in my early stages. Good luck to you and if you're not concerned about yr age keep trying with IUI. Are u on treatments?
Blank
342693_tn?1405724715
I wish we could afford the IVF I would jump right on that boat...congrats on the preg....We are using Gonal F Menopur and the Ovidril injection this IUI and I am on Metformin, prenatal Vitamins during the month I have PCOS. I am 9dpiui and no symptoms just have had lots of butterflies for the last few days??? According to the site askdramy.com this should be my implantation date but I dont feel anything????
Blank
342693_tn?1405724715
Ok tt RE today going in foor cycle day 3 monitoring to figure out how much Gonal F and Menopur mix we will start with this month...Also this will be the first time we are going to do IUI's back to back...wish us luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...