Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF, How many times??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF, How many times??

Hello girls... I just wanted to hear about how many times people are doing IVF...This will be our third...What do you all think about this???  I am really positive about this working, this time... I am in a better state of mind...and ready to go!!!  The first one took, but it was ectopic....so we are back to square 1.....  I would love to hear some stories about IVF....
Jacquie
I go to a fertility clinic and have heard that it can take anywhere from 1-4 times to work with IVF.  Even though you had an ectopic it's still a good sign that you at least GOT pregnant.  My friend got pregnant with her first IVF..then miscarried..got pregnant with her second on IVF and it worked.  She previously had FIVE miscarriages before this.  Hang in there.  I would say if it's more than 4 tries at IVF that might be a lot...but if you are just at 3 your chances should be really good!  My doc said that taking 1 baby aspirin a day, especially for IVF patients, can have great benefits...and that you should start taking it day 1 of cycle.  Helps your ovaries produce more eggs.
Good luck.
This was my third and got a positive hpt at 10dpo! I sure hope it sticks now. my beta is tomorrow.

Good luck...there is something to that saying "Third time is the charm!"

Stacie
Hey girl, I just wanted to tell you I think you have a great chance. I read alot of infertility books and everyone of them says that if you get pregnant once through IVF you have a better chance at  success. I know this is your post and I am not trying to make this about me ,but I went through past posts today and found one that said your beta came back at 29 mine came back at 28 . I figure this might be a chemical pregnancy I will find out tomorrow.I hope I am not bringing up a sore subject with you. I just saw that and thought that is really close to the way your was.I was gonna let this go if my beta came up negative this 1rst try (especially since we haft to come up with another $12,000),but after reading the sucess rates if you got pregnant before, Me and my DH decided we will do this again soon. I think its great you are gonna do this again I think your chances are really good. I wish you and your DH a BFP soon. Kim
Well if you look at the statistics from the CDC with fresh cycle IVF, statistics say you should have a positive pregnancy after 3 tries, pregnany being defined as a positive ultrasound with heartbeat.  As far as live births, b/w 3-4 IVF attempts should result in a live birth (about 26%).  Statistics are one thing but for some it may happen after 1 try and some 8 tries....equaling 25%, so honestly, if you go by the numbers, odds are with you that you should have a live birth after 4 cycles.

Hope my gorilla math helps!
We have tried IVF 6 times and the 1st time gave us our daughter who is 4yrs in 10 days. Then nothing since 3weeks ago. Now I am 6 weeks along with our 6th and final try (just can't afford anymore trys). But just found out today I am miscarring. I have been crying pretty much all day. My daughter needs a sibling and she just keeps getting older lol. HCGs have been everywhere. 1st. 100.5, 2nd 265, and 3rd 1500 (and saw the sack on U/S), and 4th (today) was 640. *cry*. I have a last HCG test on saturday but This looks to be the end of the pregnancy. :(  I don't suppose annyone has heard of this happening and still having a baby? Anyway thanks, Tammy
Actually I really sympthy of you. I have learn that youre failed but never give up, we hope it will arise tomorrow and still having a baby.Dear, you're still very lucky when you have your first baby. Congratulations and will never give up. For me, it has been a very long time for me to have my own. I have tried ivf for three times but never success. The HCG every time tested just only 2. I pray for a good luck for the next attempt. I don't know what to do now. Could anybody have an idea?
I am going on my 3rd time for IVF.
We did both at a 5 day transfer.
The 1st time i got pregnant and at 6 weeks i miscarried. (only 1 embryo transfered) The 2nd time the embryo attached and a couple of days later the pregnancy test became negative. (one embry as well)
This is my last time trying.
I am hopeful that 3rd time's a charm!