Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Implantation Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Implantation Bleeding

Can someone please help me. My last period was the 25th of april- 30th of april(my periods happen at the end of every month). Then I had sex on the 8th of may and I don't know if my fiance released it in me or not...there was still some on his thing. So I haven't had my period yet, but today i noticed, when I wiped myself, that there was some red/brownish discharge. What does that mean??? Am I pregnant??? And right now my stomach is like very sensitive if I lay on it.
i think those are sing of implantation , wait for few days and take HPT , best of luck to u
And what exactly does "implantation" and "HPT" mean?. Im sorry
Never I do know what "HPT" means, but I don't understand the implantation
implantation is when the fertilised egg that has grown into a blastocyst reaches the uterus and burrows into the lining .. this can sometimes dislodge a little of the uterus wall (approx 30% of women experience this) which would show as very light spotting either brown or pink not usually red.  It usually happens between 7-12 dpo (days past ovulation) but some women implant earlier .. it could be that you are one of those women

hpt (home pregnancy test) only give a reading when there is enough of the pregnancy hormone hcg in your urine.  This varies in all women .. some women don't get enough of the hormone in their urine to show on an hpt until after their period is due and some have enough up to 7 days before theirs is due, so don't get despondent if you test early and get a negative.
So does this lead to pregnancy then?...Wouldn't it be too early for me because I haven't had my period yet
it could if it was implantation .. the other more likely option is that you had a bit of ovulation bleeding .. and looking at your dates .. if you are now only 12 days into this cycle, it is much more likely that that was the case .. I didn't look properly at the dates before this.

ovulation bleeding happens sometimes and is due to the high surge of estrogen around ovulation .. it doesn't mean you are pregnant but it does mean that you are fertile and could get pregnant if you have unprotected intercourse at this time.

tones99 explain them really good. my period is 5 days late . i took HPT and so far its negative , i think  i should call my doctor,
Now I am experiencing some cramping/tightening though. So should I just wait until the week of my period to take a HPT or no?
they said the best way is wait 3 days and test it again , sending u baby dust ,
Any update?
I'm kinda going through the same thing.  I am due for my period on Thursday, but started a very very light bleed yesterday.  I assumed it was just early and used a tampon like every other month, but when I went to change it, there was barely anything on it.  I used a pantiliner, but it stopped bleeding yesterday. Started again today for a bit, but again, not enough for a regular pad or tampon.  And again, stopped...
I've been looking and looking to see anyone post their outcome with this subject, but haven't seen anything yet

Vicki
Oh,  and for me, i have no other symtoms (symptoms).  No cramping or anything, just the spotting off and on.  I usually feel "someting" the days leading up to my period, but none of that yet either..Except the pimple by my nose! :(

(I am not on the pill, have a boyfriend, been intimate lots in the last two months, but even not on the pill, been very careful.  It's not stress.  I'm happy. With everything in my life right now :-) )

So anyones feedback (preferable from personal expeience-no offence..) would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Vicki