Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is 11 dpo too early to test? ( Please read my details)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I'm did clomid this cycle, and ovulated on CD 11. I know that for a fact because when i went to my appointment on CD 12, the u/s showed 2 ruptured follies on my left side and my RE said I ovulated the night before. At 7 dpo, I started cramping, but I just ignored it. Then at 8 dpo, I started spotting light brown, and it continued until yesterday around 4 at 10 dpo. I called my RE at 9 dpo and told them what was going on, that I thought I had started my period because it did start to get somewhat heavier and dark brown, and they said to wait a couple days and to call back to and let them know if my spotting turned into a period. She said that's very common in early pregnancy, and it could possibly be implantation! Plus, I never start early. I always start 14 dpo. Pretty much immediately after I got off the phone with her, my spotting returned to light brown, and it continued until yesterday. My cramping only lasted until 9 dpo, and has yet to return. I tested this morning, and got a bfn. Do you think it's still early? Even given all the spotting and cramping that started a few days ago? Shouldn't it have shown up by now if it was implantation? And if it wasn't implantation, then what the heck was it? When I was pregnant with my daughter, I spotted just like that before I even found out, but I wasn't monitering my cycles at all then. So I have no idea if it was implantation, or if it was a false period. Any advice or past experiences like this would be much appreciated! Thanks!!!
Hi Luvkayln,

I think it's a good sign that you're getting the spotting since you say it happened before when you got your BFP.  It could depend on the sensitivity of the test you're using.  Maybe it's not as sensitive and actually some women may not get a BFP right away.  Women are known to get their first BFP's from at least 8DPO, 18DPO or all the way past when their AF was due.  Some women just never show positive on urine tests.  You can always ask for a blood test because that should be accurate either way by now.

I hope this is true for you and you get a BFP.

Good luck!!

Trish
So long as AF hasn't shown, I think & hope this is very positive for you! :)  I agree with Trish.  Maybe your doctor's office will suggest a blood test.  Oh, I really hope this is your BFP in the making!  Hang in there :)
I hope this is good for you -- it may have been too early if implantation just happen wait another day or so and test again.  Fingers crossed for you.
It could be that when you tested it had not had enough time to get a good supply of hcg in your system. I would call today, and see what they suggest, if the spotting had stopped i would definately think it was implantation....i would definately get in for a blood test, it should give a accurate result.  as trish said some women dont show positive on a hpt until after af is due.  and some dont ever test positive, but a blood test will tell you for sure.  Hope this is your BFP hun, keep us posted.
Thanks girls! You're giving me some hope! :) I'm calling in an hour or so. Still no spotting, so that's a good sign i hope! I'll tell you what they say.
yes please make sure you keep us posted.....we will go nutso if we dont know as soon as you know anything.....lmao.......luv ya girl.......good luck
So I hope this was the question you asked me to check out!!!

Well, sometimes, when you implant there can be blood that builds up underneath your uterus, that would have been meant for you period, and it is called break through bleeding!  That's the normal stuff that happens to some people, when they get pregnant!  For some people it is brown, since that's old blood!!

I'd go ahead and wait until 14dpo since that's when you normally start your af...And test then!  That way it gives it a few more days for your hcg to build up more!  Also, maybe ask for a blood test from your doctor!  RE's are more then happy to do that!  :-)  

Keep me posted!  You can message me when you find out incase I totally miss you commenting back on this!
bay dust for you..i hope this is the time..just keep on hoping..me too im on my 4DPOmy RE told me to have pregnancy tests on nov.20..keep on praying..pls update us on your condition ok..just relax and try not to be stressed always inform your doc for whatever you encountered..he/she would know whats best for you ..
Thanks you guys! I'm trying to stay so positive!!! I'm still not spotting today, af is due in 2 days, so we'll see...  Sean and I decided if af doesn't show on Monday, i'll take a test first thing tuesday morning with fmu! Hopefully it'll be what we're all hoping it'll be! I promise to keep you all posted. Thank you so much for the support! I love you all for it!! :)
Fingers are crossed for you -- I hope AF doesn't show and Tuesday morning you get your BFP.

As for me I am 15dpo.  I tested at 13 and got a BFN -- so far NOTHING!  I am not testing again until like Tuesday or Wednesday (IF AF STAYS AWAY THAT LONG)  Usually AF always comes exactly 14 dpo (except for last month she came 8DPO!!)
baby dust to all of us waiting..!
Kramik- I'm testing tomorrow too! I hope af stays away for us both! I'm due today, so hopefully it doesn't come! Good luck!
Good luck to you -- as for me I am out -- AF Came yesterday :(  So for now I throw in the towel -- I am giving up for a while anyway -- I am not temping anymore or am I gonna use the OPK's -- Hopefully we will just do it like every other person does and they get pregnant.  Everyone says when you are not trying it will happen -- so I am gonna try to relax with it for a little bit.
Kramik- I'm so sorry to hear af showed! :( I understand, I  think it gets harder and harder every month when we get that slight bit of hope, and it's crushed when af shows! We've been pregnant twice before, and each time we tried, nothing would happen. So eventually, we just gave up, and I swear within the next couple months we were pregnant! So yes, it's very true when you stop thinking about it and actually stop trying, you'll get pregnant! Good luck to you sweetie! Hopefully with your mind off ttc and on other things, you'll be pregnant in no time!
thanks.  I know -- we have been trying for 3 years and 2 miscarriages one in 7/05 and one 2/08 and since then nothing.  I know we can get pregnant as we been pregnant twice and we both have kids from a previous relationship.  It's just getting it to stick and getting it to stop taking so long.  We have had every test done under the sun and everything was fine -- Diagnosis Unexplained infertility.  The worst diagnosis EVER!  But thanks for your kind words.  Fingers crossed for you -- keep me posted -- I will pop in every now and then.  (Who am I kidding)  I will probably still be on here everyday! LOL
We had a m/c in Dec. '05 and then my daughter was still born on Dec. 17, 08 due to a knot in her cord and we've been trying ever since. Her birthday is coming up, almost 1 year old, and it would make it so much easier with the holiday's and her birthday if i could get my bfp by then! I'm so sorry for your m/c's, it's so hard when you don't have the answers! One day i'll be with my babies again, just like you will with yours. We'll be pregnant again, we have to have faith. I understand about it taking so long, that's how we feel too! It took us 11 months for the first one, and exactly 1 year for the 2nd. If i'm pregnant now, it only took us 7 cycles since delivering my daughter. I really, really hope i am. I'll be so upset if i'm not, but i'll keep trying! :) Yes, please continue to check in! Hopefully i'll know one way or the other by tomorrow!!
   Just wented to give you some more hope :) I tested at 11dpo it was BFN, I was convinced it just wasn't my month AGAIN after 5 yrs of ttc. Well 17 dpo guess what no AF, tested ....BFP! So 11 dpo can most definatly be too early. Good luck dear!
You brought tears to my eyes -- I am so sorry for all that you went through after reading that -- I would rather you get your BFP and not me -- Since I didn't already I hope you have yours -- Keep in touch.  Fingers are crossed for you.
all of you..thanks for sharing your stories it keeps me postive to wait for my day on nov 20 its my 17dpo..im hoping it will be positive!..pls continue pray for all of us!tnx