Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ivf & got BFP with early test......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Ivf & got BFP with early test......

Hi ladies,

Have done my first IVF after 5 years ttc and one failed iui.

I had ET on sat 24th November.  I'm due to do a home preg test 16 days post ET on Monday 10th Decrmber.
Today is Wednesday 5th and I just had to test  and I got a BFP....we were stunned... I guess after 5 years of every month bring a big no, no , no I am stunned to see a positive result..it only the second test I've used ever as period always arrived on time. BUT, my question now is that is it possible to get a false positive...or is it more likely to get a false negative?  Your comments would be appreciated. I am taking progesterone cream, could that cause a false positive.

Thanks.
congratulations :) its more likely to get a false neg than a false positive, I'm assuming that  you tested out the hcg trigger shot if you had one, and if your blood test is on monday then I'm almost certain that this is it for you :)
The only way to get a false positive is if hCG is in your system from another source, as stacey10 mentioned for example, a trigger shot.