Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
LH surge after miscarriage
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

LH surge after miscarriage

Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to build LH hormone, (OPK going from white to getting more pink each day), while you still have small amounts of HCG in your sysytem ( left over from miscarriage).??
Thanks,
Lisa
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233053_tn?1321647421
I know that you can ovulate as soon as the miscarriage is complete. Some people say HCG itself will make the OPK show positive, but I am not sure.I guess the way to know  is as you check OPK each day, if the color stays the same, it is probably the HCG that is causing the positive. But if the line gets darker everyday to apoint that it is darker than the reference line, it is probably ovulation.
Blank
299260_tn?1304219705
Hi.  I'm so sorry about your m/c ;(  I just went through one, as well... I tested with an opk a week ago Sunday & it was positive.  I had a blood test that day & my hcg was still 29.  I had another blood test scheduled for yesterday, so when I woke up I took another opk & it was negative.  My blood test yesterday showed my levels were back down to 0.  I didn't test between last Sunday and yesterday, so I can't tell you if I still had positives or not, but since my opk yesterday was negative, I'm guessing I'll now build up lh & get my true positive in about a week.  I hope this helps.  Again, I'm so sorry ;(  Take care & best wishes!!!
Blank
384150_tn?1399908416
Thank you Ladies.
I had my beta done last Monday and it was 900.  I started OPK that day also and it was dark pink, but not quite positive.  The OPK since then were stark white ( very negitive) until yesteday when I got a ghost line and today a little darker pink. I am hoping that means my body is starting to build LH so I will ovulate soon.  My only concern was that I still had a positive HPT 2 days ago.  I will take another one today.  I never thought I would say this, but I hope it's negative!
I want to get back to normal.
Lisa
Blank
869818_tn?1264719145
I used ovulation monitor after my m/c and it was negative till I ovulated on cd17 (usually cd13-14) so I would think the OPK should be pretty accurate too... Hey sorry about your m/c...I know how you feel!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...