Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Late period, negative test, increased EWCM?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My boyfriend and I have been TTC for almost 8 months now, I have a 33 day cycle and my LMP was 9/10/2007. Which means I was due for my AF on the 13th of Oct. It is now the 17th and there is no sign that it's coming. I've been eating a bit of chocolate, and grumpy occasionally, but no real soreness anywhere. I have noticed quiet a bit of diarehha and EWCM .. could I be pregnant? Or am I just ovulating waaaaaay late?? I did take a test the other day, and it was negative. If I had to guess I'd say I Ovulated on the 28th/29th of Sept...could I be wrong?? Is it too soon to test? HELP!~!!
You might ovulate during the week of sept 27-30. I think it's might be early for HPT because if you are conceive, week  of oct 1-6 was your conception week and week of oct 7-13 is your implantation week. so, i think you might want do HPT end of this week and see.  if it's neg. then your period might come late.

wish you luck.  please do update.
I would definitely test.  If you LMP was 9/10 and you have a normal 33 day cycle, it's possible you O'd on day 17 or so as the poster above said.  But, that would be plenty of time to take a test right now because MOST tests can pick up the pregnancy hormone 14 days past ovulation and you're way past 14 days. If it's negative and you still don't get your period, call your doctor for a blood pregnancy test and go from there.

Good luck!
I hope you have found out what is going on; I've gone through that a lot and I know I've been told by many doctors that u should at least be 3 weeks pregnant before you will test positive and thats a blood test!! It also depends on hemoglobin levels and what not. A late period could also be caused by stress and a "mind" pregnancy-where you want it so bad your body thinks you are but really your not. If your cycle is right on time each time give it another week because you never know when you will conceive, or you could wait until your next period is due and if you're late for that one definately see a doctor..

Good luck
I'm getting excited/ anxious... but I was REALLY stressed last week. So I'm thinking maybe that's why it's late and now just knowing it's late is making it later. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up. I dont feel pms-y or sick. I havent been very hungry lately- food just doesnt sound good enough to eat. Or my food will taste funny enough to the point where the thought of eating it, versus the taste- I just choose not to eat. But like I said, last week was really stressful.

I dont have any signs of anything going on really. No signs of pregnancy or PMS. I was emotional as all get out Sunday, I bawled when my boyfriend left for work, and I've been testier on and off- but nothing major. Or nothing consistent anyhow. The only thing that I HAVE noticed really, is that at night I get really hot. Like, last night I was wearing tiny shorts and a tank top had a fan blowing right on me, with a very light blanket and I was burning up. I felt like I had a temp or that the heat was on or something! I mean, even my legs were hot! Even though the heater was off, and it was like... 35 degrees outside! It's been ready to snow here! So why am I so hot? And I've been having like a dull ache and pinching in my ovary areas. However, it's not a period like ache/cramp.  Is it possible that I did not ovulate when I thought I did, even though there was EWCM and ovulation pains a couple weeks ago? Or am I ovulating AGAIN? Yikes.. I'm so overwhelmed.
Okay, so... AF is still MIA..negative HPT on Sunday AM.

Still moody as heck, other than that- nothing. No cramps, no sore BBs- nada. Zip. Zilch. I have been tired a lot too. I actually took a nap today. And I zonked out- to a deep sleep! Woke up very tired and weak.

What are the chances I could be pregnant with all these negative tests? Am I just wishful thinking at this point even though I'm almost 10 days late??

HEEEEEEEELP
I am in a very similar situation!  I am about a week late now and I just went for a blood test two days ago that was BFN.  I still haven't had AF and I have a TON of pregnancy symptoms.  I have read that sometimes blood tests are incorrect if you just don't produce a large amount of HCG.  There are no signs of AF coming anytime soon.  I feel queasy in the mornings and tired and hungry.  My bbs are covered with veins but they're not tender yet.  My face is breaking out like crazy (not normal for me) and I have a constant feeling of movement/stretching in my lower abdomen.  I have increased ewcm like I've never had before (not even when ovulating).  I don't know what is up!  Let me know if you found out you are pregnant or if you're still waiting!  I'm interested to know.
Hello, i can proberley help you guys, on 7DPO i started to feel pulling type pains in my lower abdomen on either side (not AF cramps)very different and sometimes a little sharp, had spotting, light pink in colour for a day or so which was 4/5 days before AF was due. sore boobs, moods up and down constantly cried all day one day last week! extremely happy the next day, very clear skin, which is unusual for me before AF, was very hot most days too... well to cut a long story short, i found out on saturday 11/17, that i am pregnant, currently i am at 4 weeks 5 days, so keep ure hopes up guys, i hope this helped  and keep me posted x
hi my lpm was 13th of march  i started noticing ewcm on fourth through eight of april  did not know the actual day that i ovulated but my menses was due on 14th of april and did not come after 3 days of pms then on 17th i started noticing very dark brown ewcm for four days only when i wipe today is 21  yet af have not show noticed clear ewcm this morning i dont know what is happening any one in same boat with me?