Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Low Estrogen & Progesterone Levels- fertility

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I have very low Estrogen & Progesterone levels.  I was told 28 is the high end of levels and i am a 4.  
Is this an easy fix for fertility purposes or is my new DR making light of the situation?  I feel like i have no idea about this sort of stuff and have never had any issues in that area before.  I have regular cycles, etc.  I have been off pill for almost 3 years and we weren't trying to get pregnant but not not trying either.  I am 32 and he is 34, neither of us have children.
So is 4 your estrogen or progesterone level? And when in your cycle was it measured (with day 1 being the first day of your period)?
it was day 22, per my Dr instructions.  and yes it was progesterone that was a 4.  she didn't say a number for my estrogen but she said it was very low and when i wanted to start, she would give me clomid for cycle days 3-7 and then something for the progesterone to take when i start ovulating.  and if i conceive then continue taking it for first 12 weeks of pregnancy to keep the progesterone levels up.  
OK, I see... so your progesterone is low. Basically, what they look for at that stage in your cycle is a level of 10 or more. I believe a 4 still indicates ovulation, just not a very strong one, and the level is also too low to sustain a pregnancy.

Clomid will help boost your ovulation by creating stronger egg(s) and therefore also increasing your progesterone levels...so you might not actually need an additional progesterone supplement after ovulation...but at the same time, it wouldn't hurt to take it, so I'm sure your doctor is prescribing it just in case.

As for estrogen, that is the dominant hormone in the fist part of your cycle (before ovulation), so I'm not sure why you had that blood test done on day 22 (estrogen is usually tested on day 3 of your cycle).