Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
My story... one blocked tube...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

My story... one blocked tube...

Ok girls, here's my story... I've never posted on this site, but have been stalking it for quite sometime.  I'm VERY sad and just wanted to share.  None of my close friends seem to understand, because they've all conceived successfully within a few months.  I feel I have NO ONE to talk to about this, besides my husband. --- I'm 31 and my husband (who's 33) and I have been TTC for going on 15 months.  After a year of continual disappointment, I finally had an HSG done on the 10th of January, only to be even more disappointed.  I have a blocked fallopian tube (left side).  My OBGYN suggests that we just keep trying for at least another 6-8 months.  He says my chances of conceiving with only one tube within 2 years is 90%.  Has anyone else ever been told this?  He did suggest we get a second opinion and I do have an appt with a specialist next Wednesday.  My husband only wants to wait about 3 more months (b/c of the increased fertility after HSG) and if it hasn't happened by then, he wants to go the IUI route.  I don't know much about the IUI's, but what I do know, is that my insurance doesn't cover infertility!  We're already out $1700 for the HSG!  I've been very depressed and need someone to give me a little ray of hope/advice.  Currently on CD 8.  I ovulate fine.  Progesterone is fine.  Husband's little guys are fine.  Only problem that I know of - my one tube.  This sux.  You guys seem to do a pretty good job of keeping each other sane.  It's been great reading everyone's stories, so I just wanted to share.  
I know for a fact I've read SEVERAL posts on here of women who only have one tube and have gone on to have multiple pregnancies.  There's no harm in getting that second opinion, but you're definitely still more than capable of conceiving.  Try not to get too down, the greatest things come from the most difficult obstacles.
Yeah, I think you have a good chance to conceive since the ovaries seem to alternate when they release eggs even though there's no set pattern.  I've read that even if you ovulate from the opposite ovary, the other side could still suck in the egg to go through that tube.  It's amazing and I don't know how but I do remember reading it.  I just read where a woman had 8 kids and only had one tube.  I think that was on twoweekwait.com.

Good luck!!  
I only have one ovary and one tube that worth anything.  I was told on an HSG that the good one (one near the ovary) was blocked (proximally - that is nearest to the opening at the uterus).  Anyway I got pregnant after that diagnosis two months later (unfortunately miscarriage).  

Prior to that pregnancy again with just ONE ovary.  I got pregnant in 1989 and 1995.  

Therefore, you should be okay.   I think, however, you alternate ovulation from ovaries.  One time it will be on the side with the good tube and the other side will be on the side w/the blocked tube.  So maybe your chances are 50% of "normal."  therefore, in your case, the 2 years would be equal to one year (which is normal for infertility possibility).

Did a specialist tell you to wait two years???

Thx guys... I know it is possible, I guess I'm just venting more than anything.  I'm praying that after having the HSG done and with the increased fertility they say you have afterwards, maybe it'll work out for us soon.

YvetteY - a specialist hasn't told me anything yet.  I don't go to him until next Wednesday.  I'm going to have a ton of questions for him though!  My OBGYN told me to give it 2 years.  

The hardest part is that me and several of my friends all started TTC around the same time, and they have all already had their babies!  :o(    
I would go to the specialist and see what they can do for you!!  Good luck!  
Hey there i have only one tube and ovary left Mine is actually gone though due to Eptopic and i am now pregnant again waiting to find out if this one is ok so i know that it is possible and it will happen when it is suposed to good luck and sticky baby dust
Just the other day I went to the fertility doctor who performed a vaginal ultrasound on me. I was told that I have some scarred tissue I am to go back on Friday to have another test performed to see if there is a tubal blockage. I am a little scared of the outcome a part of me just knows he will say I have a blocked tube and this is why I haven't gotten pregnant. But he also told me that it can be fixed if that is the case and he says my insurance covers. I have read that even with a block tube you can still become pregnant but to have it unblocked increases your chances. Have you asked about unblocking it to increase your chances quicker?
My gyno mentioned that they could go in and "cut a hole" in the blockage, but he didn't recommend having it done right now.  He wants to stay clear of that, I guess there's a slight chance they could damage the tube even worse?????  We may end up having to go that route.  I guess we'll see what the specialist suggests.

Keep me posted on what you find out, ok?  
I had a tubal reversal in 1991.  After 6 months with no luck they did the HSG.  My left tube was blocked.  We waited 6 more months then began IVF.  During the next 10 years we went through 5 IVF cycles and spent over $60,000.   We still had not conceived.  I was diagnosed with Endometriosis.  When I went in for surgery they had to remove my left tube and ovary.  I figured my chances of getting pregnant were over.  Three months after surgery I was pregnant.  My fertility doctor said that by removing the left ovary and the blocked tube it increased my chances of conceiving.  Because before the surgery I was only ovulating on the good side every other month.  Once the left ovary was removed I ovulated on the good side every month.  I had a beautiful baby boy and with no effort at all 3 years later we had a beautiful baby girl.  So don't give up because I'm sure you will be blessed with some little angels to.
hi there. my mums GP had five failed pregnanacies and managed to go on and have 5 healthy children on one tube. SO things can happen. Stay positive. And lots and lots of baby dust your way.
I am 37yrs old today (yahooooo). I recently had an etopic pregnancy and I had adhesions due to my C-section 5 years ago with my son.  My doctor removed my left tube to the damage.  It has been 4-weeks since my surgery and my husband and I want to try again for another one. What are my chances.
Hello every one!

i am sorry for everyones story!
i feel really depressed right now!!!

after 4 yrs we finally conceived our daughter (2nd girl in 7 generations-even longer story behind her)

well after her we were told to count our blessings that she would be our only, so we never took precaution to keep from getting pregnant in hopes to get pregnant.

i found out i was prego in November to be told i miscarried to be told no i am prego another long story -lol

long story short i just got outta the hospital from having an emergency surgery because i had a tubal!!!

talked to my doc Monday and he said my left tube has been taken over by endometriosis and my right tube where i had the tubal was also caused by the endometriosis.... he tried to save it by just taking out the embryo and letting it heal on it's own. says he can't garentee anything but he tried, that next time i conceive will possibly be by invitro....

MY QUESTION HERE IS:

since my left tube is toast and my right tube just had a tubal does anyone think i will be able to conceive again without using invetro??

and how much does each session of invetro typically cost??

Brandy

My heart goes out to you all!!!!! this is sooooo heartbreaking!

I also have a blocked tube (my right one)  my dh and i have been ttc for 2 yrs w/ no luck.  we started w/ a fertility specialist about 4 months ago.  I've been on clomid for 5 months and attempted 2 IUI's both of which I was producing the bigger follicles on the side I have blocked =(  We only actually went thru w/ 1 of them because of this (we didn't even want to do the one) It looks like my dominant ovary is on the side that is blocked... it looks like ivf might be our only hope =(  
i wish you the best of luck!

i guess i am a lil lucky, because my dominate ovary is on my right side but now having had that tubal, i am unsure if that makes any difference.....

just know you aren't the only one out there that has to walk this path to conceive a child!
yeah, i am one to give up lifting advice -lol- when i am sitting here soooo depressed right now, wish i could listen to my positive side.

Brandy
Ya that positive sure is hard to listen too lol... i have a hard time listening to it too!  I have been pretty sad the last few days and I don't want this to consume me but it's hard not to!!!
I hope your able to conceive still w/o ivf!  I actually think that might be our route soon because I'm so impatient and I've been pretty depressed lately!  I just want a baby so badly!  IVF is pretty expensive too and our insurance doesn't cover anything so knows when we'll get to actually do it! Do you know if your tube was blocked when you had you daughter?
I have a blocked tube and my dominant side is the open side and we tried IUI 6 times with no success (I have poor egg quality) but all of the eggs did come from the dominant side. We just did IVF and the other side produced 5 of the 7 eggs so it can switch.  My news isn't so good cause we just miscarried but the less domiant side can produce lead eggs.
I am trying to get back up from this blow, but it is very hard.....i know there was nothing i could do but DAMN! i was this close to being done with having babies!

as for the pregnancy game,,,,been there done that!

took us 4 yrs to conceive our daughter we used clomid with no succes, the only thing good that came from that they had to do a laprascopty and found i had endometriosis badly so they removed it....4 months later no fertility drugs we conceived!!! she is my blessing from God for sure!!

the roller coaster of every month waiting to find out if that test is positive and getting knocked back to the ground when it says negative is truley just cruel!!!

Very much an emotional roller coaster.....i have to thank my lucky stars i at least had my one! just can't help to feel soooo upset and sad about losing this baby that woulda been perfectly healthy to this damn endometriosis!!

i guess we all mourn no matter what......

I wish you ladies the best of luck that you at least have one as i did!!!!

when i finally got pregnant with my lil girl we had given up hope completely!!!

said if we weren't prego in 3 yrs we would adopt and boom 3 months later i was prego!!

i know it is the hardest thing to do when you want something so badly but i truly believe i gotten prego by just letting it go!

my advice to you woman, is to relax (easier said than done, i know) but try to!

also a coinki dink i don't know but i would like to share it with you!!

Geritol (the old people vitamin)

some friend said that is how she conceived that a friend told her so i tried it and 3 months after taking it i was prego with my lil girl!!!!

this pregnancy i started taking it again and 2 months later i was prego!!!!

my doctor says it is just a vitamin but i am not sure, you tell me what you think.

best wishes to you alll!!

Brandy
oh and yes my left tube was actually crushed when i conceived my daughter!

but she came from my right as this baby tried =(

thank god she made it!

i sure hope i can have my one more but i said i was done after my lil girl...at the time i was thankful to have had one, now after that "tease" i want it so much more!
DOES ANY ONE KNOW A GOOD WEB SITE FOR TUBAL STATISTICS?

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCES OF CONCEIVING  WITH THE ONE TUBE I HAVE LEFT, THAT JUST SUFFERED THE TUBAL THAT THE DOC SAVED?

ANYONE IN OR EVER BEEN IN THE SAME BOAT????

UUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I WAS SOOOOOOO CLOSE! =(

ANYONE??
Ok Ladies,
I'm new to the site, I had a daughter in 2003 with repronex and iui.  Perfect !!  In 2005  I had a eptopic and R tube was taken out leaving both ovaries and L tube.  Now I am trying again with IUI and Repronex.  I have had the test with the dye to make sure everything is good,  I got everything except the R tube that is good.  So I have had 2 months of Repronex and ultrasounds and I have only ended up with good follicles on my R side, with no tube so I have had to cancell 2 times.  I thought that the ovaries rotated monthly?  I'm ready to give up.
Last summer, I was told that my left tube was blocked.  A month or so later, I had surgery, and my infertility doctor opened the left blocked tube, and widened the right tube.  I went in for my 6 month appt., and was told, that based on the HSG, my left tube was actually open and right tube had closed, due to scar tissue.  I was so upset, as I laid on the table, that I could have jumped up and slapped my doctor.  I felt like, if he would've left the good tube (right tube) alone, in the first place, both tubes would be open right now.  I had a serious break-down...

Anyway, my husband and I got a 2nd opinion, and were convinced that having the bad tube (right tube) removed, was the best option, and would increase our chances for pregnancy.  A month later, I had my right tube removed, and to this day, still nothing.  I try not to let this get to me, but everytime that "Time of the month" rolls around, I feel really low in spirit.  My doctor said that both ovaries are healthy, but the ovulation switches sides each month.  I never thought it would be this hard, and emotionally draining.  

I'm 32 years old, and if I can have at least 1 baby, I'm good.  Everyone around me are having babies without any problems, and most of them have SEVERAL already - nonstop!  To maintain my sanity and keep from having a melt-down, I do not attend baby showers, nor do I hold babies, or stick around when women talk about their babies/children ALL THE TIME...  I'm happy for them, but I have to look after my own peace of mind, by avoiding it all together...

I'm glad that everyone can come on this web-site and share!  I know how a lot of you feel...  
i kow how you feel.  my good friend just tols me she's pregnat after only 3 months of trying.  i've been trying for 4 years.  i can't even talk to her.

i had an ectopic pregnancy last summer.  my doctor had to remove the tube where the embryo was.  after, we tried 2 ivf's, both failed.  now i'm debating whether to do another ivf or move on to donor egg or adoption.  
real fun decesion making.

once the doctor removed the tube, he suggested ivf, since i only had the one tube remaining.  i had already tried many iui's.  you're situation may be different.  have you tried an iui?  hopefully you could get lucky with that.  good luck.  and know you're not alone.
I also can relate to how you feel.  Been trying for 2 years now and am on the 3rd pg woman in the office.  Then a few months ago I found out my sister n law is pregnant.  For some reason hers affects me so much more then the girl in office, just down the hall.  Hubbys parents have been all about grandkids (already have 2 by his sister) since we got married and his sister got remarried.  She is close to 40 and from what I hear (she didn't talk about it) she had fertility issues, but I have no idea what treatments she went through.  Last night we had a family dinner and I had to leave right afterwards before I started to cry.  DH rushed home after me to give me a hug.  I have no idea how I will handle this for the next 5 months.  I can't cry everytime I see her, it's just not fair to her.  I also can't call in sick the day after I see her because I'm too much of an emotional wreck to go to work.
man this stuff is depressing its only half heartening to know your not the only one right?  I also have a blocked tube and am tired of hearing about other people getting pregnant.  I even hate hearing about the jolie-pitt clan and i hate being that way but it's so unfair.  If i can't be a doctor, a laywer, singer, or President i'm still supposed to be a woman RIGHT? That's the really messed up part.  Bearing children is what makes us women and I can't even get that right.  I hope i'm not makin anyone more down than they already are - but i'm right there with you wishing and praying.  My boyfriends sister has had 2 kids in the past 3 years - I've been with him for 7 and nothing - AND she is 3 months along now -SUX BIG ONES!!  He already has 5, its so unfair.  I try to show him I love his kids like they are my own but its not the same and it make me jealous more than anything; but depressing can hurt my chances so what do I do... take my eyes and ears out so i can't hear or see any kids???? sometimes i wish i could.
Im also in that boat. But not only do I have one tube due to an ectopic but I also have polycystic ovarian Syndrone meaning I dont always ovulate because I have whole but of little cyst on my ovaries dat keep me from ovulating like any other regular woman. I suffered from three miscarriages. After my last miscarriage ,which was the ectopic, or shall I say a year and a half later, I got on birth-control to slow the effects of the p.o.s down until I am ready to see the specialist and try again to have a baby. That whole year and half I never took precauctions the whole time but also never became pregnant. Im not as depressed as I was after the ectopic but I still want so badly to become pregnant and carry trough with a full-term baby. I am 32 years old and everyone that as kids always tell me that I lucky not have any and that I have so much freedom but they just dont the feeling that we have of not having being able to bring one into this world without and option. Give me just one and Im so satisfied and complete.
As sorry as I am for all of you I feel better to know that I am not alone in this awful time. I can relate to all of you,it is so sad. I have beng TTC for 4 years or so...I had an etopic pregnancy 2 1/2 years ago. I thought I was lucky because they didn't have to remove the tube, they gave me methotrexate(spelling not sure) since than we have been trying for what seems like forever. I had my dye test done last month and they told me I have a blocked tube, I am still waiting for the follow up appointment. Although Canada is great with free health care the waits are longer to see the specialists, therefore it may be a few months until I know what my options are. I am so tired of hearing everyone else getting pregnant, all my friends have children to be honest since trying to concieve (conceive) I feel like the world has been taken over by pregnant people. I do not undersatnd why I am not as deserving to have a child as they are. I understand that they say you can concieve (conceive) with only one healthy tube but how do you know if you are ovulating on the proper side?? Does everyone switch back and forth form side to side every month, or is there a possibility that I could be the reject that only ovualtes from the wrong side? Does the blocked tube give me more of a chance for another tubal? What are my actual chances for getting pregnant? Thanks for listening if anyone know could you fill me in. Thankx
Thank to hear from you all, the only thing i want to hear is that ''you can concieve (conceive) with one tube'' because this is what have just been told that one tube is blocked at the end and the other one can be unblocked.
I also have one blocked tube and am waiting for a re-canalisation which hopefully will push away the blockage (although maybe not) I have had one miscarriage so I know it is possible to fall pregnant with one tube and indeed my doctor is convinced it isn't a problem. I guess the main issue is that you don't ovulate with the same tube every month. I have one sone who is 7 and have been trying for another for 2 years. My Doctor said my tube was probably blocked when I had my son anyway! I'm not convinced but hey, what do I know!
Hello Everyone,

I am 32 and very scared!!! My husband and I have been TTC for about a year now; and nothing has happened. My doctor ordered a vaginal ultrasound 2 weeks ago and the result was "Polysystic Ovaries" and a block tube. I have an appt. this afternoon for a consultation with my doctor to advise me of my options. My husband has 2 kids from previous relationships; but, we want to have a child together. That would make our family complete!! I love kids and wanted to wait for the right time to have them and now that my biological clock is ticking; I'm wondering will I ever have a child of my own. I'm tired of spoiling everyone else's children. It's time to spoil and raise my own. I read alot of the comments and I'm feeling a little better to find that some of you have experienced the same situatuations as I have; and have had kids. I'm praying that my consultation goes well today.
I must admit for a while I thought I was all alone......I thought I was the only one crying behind close doors and getting jealous when a friend tells me that she just found out shes pregnant.  I miscarried when I was 17 ( yea young I know huh). Ever since I miscarried I have been wanting a baby so badly.  I eat, sleep, and work thinking about me having a baby. I went to the DR april 2007 to find out why I havent been able to have babies, to find out that both of my tubes were blocked (with the dye test) and that there was never going to be a chance for me to concieve (conceive) naturally only with IVF. (omg I cried and cried and felt like I was being punished.........how was this happening to me.....all I ever wanted as a child was to be a mommy). I did not want to stop there so I went to another DR which was a fertility specialist and she told me that one main reason I was not getting pregnant easily was because of the fibroids in my uterine wall and also my Rtube was filled with fluid. So she told me to schedule a surgery to remove the Rtube and the fibroid and repair if need be the Ltube....Well the surgery was suppose to be for Aug 2007 well my insurance stopped right before, lost my job and my ex-boyfriend..... So a year later (seemed like a few months..2007 went by so fast) I met my fiancee'  (may 08) and rescheduled my surgery for Aug but due to the 2hurricanes in my area I had to push it back for Sept 19th 2008.  I had a myomectomy and D & C.  The DR removed my Rtube and opened my Ltube and removed a fibroid the size of an orange. Everything looks good and I have the green light to go ahead and try (wish me luck)...... So Ladies I know how it feels to be on a roller coaster with ups and downs.  I know how it feels to think or feel pregnant to find that your AF is around the corner.  I have beat myself up left and right from DR to God from God to DR.  Right before my surgery I decided to let go and give it to God because he knows best and I know that when you want something so badly and when he promises things to you then you will recieve them just on his terms and when it is right for you. I pray that every woman that is praying for babies have them and soon....Every woman in this community will be blessed because not every DR knows everything.......... (good things happen to those who wait...I know yall heard all of this over and over...but to those who know God....HAVE FAITH)!!!!!!!!
I started the fertily road this January after 12months of contiously trying and 4 years of no contraception.I got married in Oct just gone and now we are concentrating on the family.
I have got polysistic ovaries already and went for my HSG 4 days ago....
Yesterday i got my results and my right tube is completely blocked.
I dont know wether my bad ovaries on my good side or bad...
I guess i will get to find that out soon.Ive have no clue whats next so any help would be grateful but my Gyny Doctor is on holiday for a month so im sitting here waiting for my fate while hes sunnying himself.
I can totally appreciate your comments on other woman and there pregnancies.I have about 4 i work with 3 close friends and even my twin sister has recently announced her pregnany for the 2nd baby!!! I think thats the biggest kick in the stomach of them all. I feel numb today and have no clue what to think,but all i can say on the positive side is we all have answers....and they can only help with them answers.My friend after 3 ivfs is now expecting twins a boy and a girl and they are perfect!!!
There is hope...keep going.......
But the up and down days im sure will come.
I can say that im sure many of us on here have wonderful husbands or partners to support us and thats a blessing itself.
Stay strong and and advice on what could happen next would be grateful

Lizzie
HELLO ! My left tube is blocked due to an ectopic a few years back.

A specialist told me that my chances were thin because of my ag (37) and my blocked tube. I took Clomid for 5 months, got pregnant and miscarried at 6 weeks. So, I did IVF, thinking that was my only chance. IT DIDN'T WORK.

I went back home and called it quits. I had enough of the tests, the shots, the exams, the BFN, sick of it all.

I got pregnant naturally the next month, after years of trying. I'm 6 months pregnant with a baby boy.

Don't despair!
Thats wonderful news.im really happy for you.
They do say that the more you try the harder it is.
Ive had enough of it all already and weve only been trying 12months.
Im now waiting for the next step on the fertility ladder for me....
But really hoping i dont have to be poked and prodded anymore and i catch after having my HSG in the next 3 months.
Theres still hope i guess.
x
Well ladies I'm here to tell the same story that I've been trying for a while to get pregnant and it hasn't happened yet. Well I just had a HSG done about an hour ago, just to be told that I have one blocked tube. Not sure why or how it got blocked but its blocked. My OBGYN suggeset that I see a specialist. She said that if i try to conceive with the one tube I might have an eptopic pregnancy. As my fianace' and i left the hospital I could do nothing but think and cry. I have a soon to be nine year old son who I had no trouble getting pregnant with. I am an only child and use to say I'm not having anymore, but I was much younger and unstable then. now my fianace' and I are trying and hoping together to get me pregnant and its just not happening. I often wonder if GOD is making me eat my own words. Or if I'm being punished for having an abortion. To all the ladies I know its very hard but try to keep the faith. I try saying what GOD has for me, it is for me and nobody can stop that.
God is not punishing you. Don't feel that way. some times God answer our prayers but just in his time. You're not alone. I got my tubes reversed like 5.5 years ago. ME and DH tried and tried for 3 years with not success. We tried naturally, charting, did 2 or three IUI's -- NO SUCESS. Did IVF TWO times. No success. After 3 years I finally gave up. It was so hearbreaking. Took everything out of me emotionally. I wanted off the TTC ride. Later I found out DH was having an affair. We divorced 2 years ago. Since then I"ve been dating this wonderful guy who's airforce and is being deployed in April. He's in NJ now at Ft. Dix training before he goes. We got together the day of my ovulation on March 1st. I never thought anything about it because like I said for 3 years me and my DH never conceived and every method of fertility tried was a failure so I just didn't think aobut it. BEsides me and my new guy  have been having unprotected sex for a year now so I figured it just wasn't in the cards for me. Here I am 10dpo and my boobs are giving me a fit. They are tingling and i have this burning sensation running thru them. I have heart burn and can't stop burping. I had PMS cramps on 7DPO and 8DPO but they're now completely gone and just the boobs are acting really wierd. I had to seek support as I await my AF because although I didn't plan to be preganant I began to wonder. WOW, Sometimes God answer our prayers but in his own time. I prayed and prayed for a baby but God knew what was down the road ( cheating husband) so it never happened. Now here I am years later and I feel so optimistic about these symptoms I've had over the past few days so I joined this group in search of support. I'll keep you all posted. Oh by the way I ONLY HAVE ONE TUBE too darlilng so don't worry about that blocked one. ONe of mine is blocked as well and I've heard of many successful stories with one tube.

Tia
Hi Ladies,
It is depressing!! I am 34yrs old and have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 4yrs. My 1st RE discovered my tubes were blocked. Had lap surgery and he was only able to unblock one tube..Told me my best chances were IVF..And according to my FSH levels I had good ovarian reserve..Well I didnt respond well the the meds and after 1 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF he told me that I shouldnt use my own eggs and to look into donor eggs and that it would be a miracle if I got preggers with my own..I have never cried so much in my life!! I cried for months..Then I made an apointment with another RE, and I am so glad I did, I have only seen this RE 4 times and I just had another lap done last week and he was able to unblock my blocked tube so now both my tubes are open and all my hormone tests are normal..He says no reason now why I cant get preggers..So I say to all of you get a second opinion and do your research when choosing a Doc..I think every doc has different capabilities and opinions..I am recovery from my surgery still and will start to try again next month..but my hope is restored and I have faith that god will bless me..Please dont give up and have faith..
SSBD,
Lily
Wow, That is such an AWESOME Story. I am so happy for you. Gosh, that's wonderful news. I am praying for you. I have one blocked tube as well. The one that is opened is short. Almost 8 years ago I had my tubes reversed and one tube was so obstructed that it was blocked. BUt they said all I needed was one for a pregnancy. Well after a year of TTC we did 3 IUI's and 2 IVF's -- ALL FAILED. We finally threw in the towel after about 3.5 years of TTC. A couple of years later, learned DH was having an affair. We're divorced now. I think God is answering my prayer for a pregnancy but in his own time. I'm now with a wonderful guy who's airforce. Just got orders to go to Afghanistan. Doing his last round of training in NJ at Ft. Dix this month. We had goodbye sex on February 28th -- the day I ovulated. Today I'm like 14DPO, or is it 13DPO - One of them and no AF. My AF is due Sunday, the 15th. I have very crazy stuff going on with my breast. tingling and burning senstation. I feel twinges and pokes. I have an increased appetite. I have headaches, I have gas, heartburn and BURPING galore. All of which I thought was wiered but after reading a lot of things, I leanred that the levels of increasing HCG in your body has these affects on some women. Still I have not taken the pregnancy test. Too afraid. But I am praying that I am. Almost 8 years later, one tube and I think this may be it. I am looking forward to a BFP when I test on Sunday.
Your story is awesome! My DH & I have been TTC for 4 1/2 years. I was told in 2004 that I had PCOS & that my left tube was blocked... Now in 2009 after taking pills for 4 1/2 years, my PCOS is gone... I still have a bad tube... My doctor just put me on 100mg Clomid, so we will see if that works out... I have had 2 misscarriages in 2004 & 2008... My doctor has said stuff about removing my bad tube... Im just wondering was is Lap surgery? And was does unblocking them consist of? Can having a bad blocked tube do any harm to you? Or make the chances slimmer to concieve (conceive) than if it was out? Any answers would be helpful!
Thanks,
Amy
hello I had an HSG done in Sept of last year. Found out I had one blocked tube as well my right one. I also started acupuncture after that and i fell pregnant 7 weeks later. So it is possible to get pregnant. But I miscarried in DEC.I was 7.5 weeks. It's been three months since and I havent fell prego yet. I had iui with gonal-f and hcg shot last month that too failed. I asked him about a tubal recantilization he said go straight to IVF you are a good candidate you responded well to the meds. . I asked about a lap he said no. So I feel im gonna get a second opinion. These DRs out here feel that everyone has 10.000 laying around . So im not sure what I'll do. But don't give up.
Hello my name is Amy Huntington. Im 28 years old & my DH is 26. My DH & I have been TTC for 4 1/2 years. I was told in 2004 that I had PCOS & that my left tube was blocked... Now in 2009 after taking Metaformin & PreNatals for 4 1/2 years, my PCOS is gone... I still have a bad tube... My doctor put me on 100mg Clomid in March, so we will see if that works out... I had my CD 3 & CD 10 bloodwork done, and it came back normal. Today 4/6/09 I went to the Dr to get my progesterone levels checked. My husband has had two semen analyst done. The first one came back normal. He recentley had another that had some LOW problems. He is going to get another one done this week. I have had 2 misscarriages in 2004 & 2008...  I'm looking for support from women who are dealing or who have dealt with the same stuff Im dealing with.
Thanks,
Amy
He's crazy to tell you to wait that long.  If you could get pregnant with that blocked tube, you would be pregnant by now.  The problem is the blocked tube often traps fluid that leaks into the uterus and is poisonous to the egg and the egg can't implant.  I realize this message is old but I am posting this for people who are googling this stuff.  Go to a fertility specialist who will probably recommend a laprascopy and salpingectomy (tube removal).  I had that done because one of my tubes was blocked due to endometriosis and I got pregnant weeks afterwards.  

After the fertility struggles I have gone through I think it's crazy that doctors tell people to wait a year.  In my opinion, if you are not pregnant after three or four months of trying, you should seek fertility help.  If there is not a problem, most couples will conceive after just a few months.  I am sorry that I waited over a year to seek help.
I can totally empathize with you gals.  I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2005.  They didn't remove the tube at the time because they gave me methotrexate.  It turns out, though, that the tube is blocked anyway.  I had an HSG and it showed my right tube is completely blocked.  In addition, I have PCOS and rarely (if ever) ovulate.  I know how it feels to watch everybody around you get pregnant every time their husbands hang their jeans on the bedpost.  My co-worker had a baby last year and listening to her endless symptoms and baby planning almost got the best of me.  I  just want to scream.  It's not FAIR!!!!  I try not to give up hope, but after 4 years it's fading fast.  I've always wanted to be a mom, I just never thought I'd have this much trouble.  May God bless us all with a miracle.
This is my first time on here and I would appreciate any one who can offer me some advice.
I'm 29 with two children, 4 years and 22 months.
12 weeks ago I had my left tube removed due to ruptured ecptopic and
I was told that my right tube has a small blockage.
My doctor says I need to try naturally concieving for 12 months before I will be reffered to a specialist for ivf
I am currantly trying with my partner for another child but wanted to hear from anybody else in similar situation as I want to know is it possible to get pregnant with only one tube remaining that has small hydrosalphinx
my thoughts are with everyone else on here who are going through fertility problems.
Many thanks for reading xxxxxx
hi....everyone.
iam 25 years old...me and my partner have been tryin for a baby for about 3 years... had a HSG a few weeks ago and been told that both my tubes are blocked...my RT is blocked at the utrus and the LT at the end. i have an appt with my Gynaecologist next month...is there any hope when both fallopian tubes are blocked or will it just be IVF.
thanks and good luck to you all x
Sorry your tubes are blocked but I think given your age you can possibly do a laproscopy.  You can google it to get more info. Best wishes
i have a blocked tube and im 23 oh 25 hes fine been tryin nearly 2 yr just want some advice please
Firstly i am so pleased that i have found this site, i have been struggling myself with my emotions the last 6 months, and have found it comfort to read through these forums.

I am 24 had an eptopic pregancy 7 months ago and had a very rough time with it, with complications after my laprascope, they saved my tube, but have recently found out after having tiny sensations in my abdomin (abdomen) that my tube has expanded to 10cm and engulfed my ovary, my operation to remove my tube and most probably my ovary next month, my dr was not very hopeful for my fertility.  So i have done a lot of research. so i hope i can answer some questions.

1.  You can definately get pregnant with one tube

2.   it is possible to get pregnant with no tubes, or with a tube and an ovary on the opposite side (obviously tjis doesnt mean it will def happen if this is your circumstance but it has been known)

3. if you have a blocked tube google FELOPIO www.felopio.com i havent used it but i have been told that it can unblock fallopian tubes.

4.  I know that here in the UK you are entitled to atleast one round depending on your NHS trust of IVF, so if you are in the UK and you didnt know get yourself on the list. The waiting lists are arranged by yoyur eligibilty, eg smoking, age, wieght (your BMI needs to be below 30) etc.

5. To the lady with the hydrasphlinx, ii had this, and i was offered another laprascope to "flush it out", so it might be worth asking your dr.

Everyone who has had an ectopic probably know that the chances of having another one is increased. After i had my op i was still "pregnant", some of the embryo wa left inside, they gave me methotrexate, i was against this because, your arent allowed to ttc again for sometime after. if i could go back i would have had methotraxte over the op because then atleast i might still have two tubes, and wouldnt be preparing for another op. So f you have the choice if it ever happens to you again, I would take the methetraxate and use the tiem after to relax before trying again

It is difficult to know exact stats, because everyone is different.

Personally i cant imagine my future without children in it, i wanted 5 kids, but now i feel it wll be a miracle if i get 1. to read your success stories really fills me with hope and to those wh have had less success pleasse dont give up, as soon as i have the go ahead after me op i will be try try trying.   Good luck xxxxx

PS sorry for the long rambling message!!
Hi I ve never posted on here either but just wanted to say you should get your ovarian reserve tests done. I have one blocked tube too the right side and was told pretty much the same as you and although everyone is different and you will probably have fab ovaries , i have slightly demiiished capacity which basicly means that i have fewer eggs left of mixed quality so that coupled with a blocked tube makes it harder still, I would get  this hormone test done fsh levels and ovarian reserve not sure what hormone tesat that one is just to make sure, if its just the blocked tube i think you can get pregnant naturally I had to go the ivf way and wasted a year and a half trying naturally because they didn´t do my hormone tests.
best of luck to you lotsof baby dust xx
Hey all.. I'm reading these post And realizing that sharing my story is a therapeutic gesture. So here it goes.. After I got married in 07, I became pregnant 4 months later... Found out it was ectopic and opted to take methothrexate b/c I was not sold on removing my tube at 27... So the next year I found out I was pregnant again maybe a month to date of my last preg and had a miscarriage after 5 weeks... The following year 2009, I found out that I was preg again about 10 days apart from d first time and this time in the
same tube and the tube (rt tube)exploded.. Had c section surgery to remove tube and was seriously devasted... I went through a phase of hating the whole idea of having children And wondering y God was punishing me.. It's coming around that time again and I'm a little nervous... I'm now wondering will I get pregnant again... I realized I will but I have to get me right mentally and physically... I am pretty opposed to IVF, sarrogate and all of that b/c if I can't have it naturally i'll do without... I haven't went to get a HSG as yet bcz I'm not mentally ready... I'll try accupuncture etc and let it all b a natural hollistic experience... I have one tube married and hopeful... God blesses us when we are ready to receive our blessing... If u are spiritually guided be reminded of d story of Hannah in d book
of 1Samuel... God closed her womb and allowed Pinninah, Samuels other wife to conceive as she may... Hannah was deeply grieved and begged and prayed for a son... According to d teaching God was trying to create a desire for
more than just a child but for a blessing; a king; a prodigy of sorts.... I believe we will be the mothers of children like Samuel if we trust God and dedicate our lives and children to his teachings.... Wow this was heavy for me
bcuz I have never as much as tried to
post anything on any blog EVER... God bless
and I can't wait to read ur success story....
                Truly Blessed..

Correction- Elkanah was Hannah and Pinninah's husband.... Samuel was Hannah's son...
That was beautiful!!!! I liked that and I believe as well God has closed my womb as well :(
my belovd sistas,u ar a childrn of GOD nd wit GOD al things ar posible.dere s notin GOD can nt do:u jus need to tel our father in heaven nd wil wil open ur womb bk 4 u.i had d dye test don on 20th april dis yr nd i refus to tak wht d doc told me dat my right tube is block,sinc den til nw i kepin prayin to GOD nd i hd faith dat it wil be open bk so i decide 2 hv d test bk which i did yestady bein 12th of oct;sistas low n behold d doc said my tubes ar fine and doin great.is GOD nt 1dafu,pry n believ GOD he wil see you tru.

Good luck
Well last year I had my tubes UN block n it wuz both of them block Aug will make a year and I haven't go pregnant yet n I'm PRaying one day it happen wit tha help of God...if there any one that been threw it n gotta pregnant can u please let me kno thanks
hello !! first time here on the site. but just may 24 found out good news ,turn into bad news really fast at 6 weeks found out i made a baby soo soo happy but being that i had a tubal reversal 2 mo ago. loving the fact that a baby will be coming 9 mo happy so happy found out ectopic in right tube going to doc every other day blood , shots, ultersound and cleaning of wounds never have i ever been so sad and upset . no right tube now thay remove it only have left tube now pray long on what to do next scared to start again was think about 6 mo asking will this keep happen to us are will i be hurt ever time because i would love a new little joy in the family. i dont no what to do are which way to go listen to you and everyone is great give me hope and make me somewhat ok because i have someone like me what the same things going on .i will try to keep my head up .  
I'm a 29 year old woman from South Africa who recently got married a month ago, on monday 19 March 2012 I was very sick n my husband tuck me to c a doctor who told me my tubes are block and he gave me medication to help them open up. Since that day I'm not a peace, my husband who's very supportive doesn't like me taking that medication he kept on saying I should trust Jesus and everyone else says the same thng thy said God closed thm for a reason whn the it my time to hv babies then he will open my tubes. So to everyone let's Trust to the lord who's our creator he created the doctors too! He's the biggest doctor he will make a way fo all of us let's continue to pray fo each other and remember ladys what's impossible to man is possible to God I love you all may God answers your prayers
I know this is a very old post...  But I'm needing some help also... I have a blocked left tube myself... I've been trying to conceive since 2008-2009... An I've had no success at all... I had  a small procedure done an not only they saw a blocked tube... But also a pool of blood sitting off somewhere an a hole an none got closed sewed ect... But last year I also had a cyst on my left ovary it busted... I need help I've tried to get my cycle back regular but even being off BC for a week it's no telling when the next time I'll see out again... I don't ovulate and it's making me so depressed... Plz help me someone...
You should go visit your Dr, they can prescribe you a drug called clomid that will help regulate your cycle and ovulate. They can do more test to see if all your hormone levels are where they should be. Look into polycystic ovarian syndrome, that's a condition where you rarely ovulate if not at all. Have you tried taking your basal body temperature? Then you can check to see if your temp rises which indicates ovulation. Good luck, I hope all is well!
Your story is almost identical to mine and if nothing else know that there is someone out there going through the same exact thing and feeling depressed and hopeless at times.  My two best friends are pregnant and we all started trying at the same time and now I find it hard to be in a room with both of them at the same time.  My insurance doesn't cover anything either...no fertility benefits.  My right tube is blocked.  And we are looking to start iui in August.  My doctor also was not to anxious to try to undo the blockage but he said  he would if I really wanted to but iui when I'm ovulating for the correct side seemed to be the better option.  Hang in there...everyone has a story....and most of them have happy endings.
Hello, read your story. I also had a blocked tube. My dr. At the time said to keep trying , it just will take longer. I was also on clomid. I was in alot of pain. Tried two years to get pregnant. Got very frustrated. Took results of hsg test to a fertility specialist. Within ten minutes of seeing results, I was told my blocked tube was the reason for my infertility.  It was causing a chemical reaction that made it impossible for a egg to attach in my uterus. I had the block tube removed and three weeks after my surgery I became pregnant. I was on clomid also. I hope this helps.
try something called felopio it helps to unblock tubes. google it. i hope it works for you.......and CONGRATS IN ADVANCE.