Need advice after getting off birth control still on metformin with PCOS
Please don't judge. I was diagnosed with PCOS after I had my second baby and my doctor put me on metformin and birth control in hopes of conceiving after treatment. He had me stop the birth control and continue taking the metformin, told me to have sex from day 10-20 and hopefully we'll get pregnant. Well, I just started my period! A full week earlier than it's supposed to. I don't know what it means? Before even being diagnosed with PCOS, I was diagnosed with endometriosis at 17 years old with the doctor calling for me to have a total hysterectomy but I refused because I knew I was called to be a Momma. God has worked 2 miracles of being into my life, and I'm praying and believing for 2 little girls someday. I'm regards to this period, it feels like a full fledged really painful cramping period like what I experienced during the endometriosis. Is it normal to have your period a full week earlier than it's supposed to after getting off birth control? I didn't put in a call to my doctor's office. I guess I just wanted to put it out there in cyberspace for advice.
Sweetie, why would someone judge you?  You are treating a disorder, PCOS.  That's what you do when you are taking care of yourself.  Now, going off of birth control often results in irregular periods.  So, unless you get a positive pregnancy test, I wouldn't assume pregnancy.  I'd say you are just having a regular but heavy period post birth control.  Hopefully your period will get normal so that you can begin trying to conceive for those daughters in earnest.  good luck hon
Thank you very much! I guess my body was just getting used to being off birth control. Still trying to figure this app out with all the settings and stuff. Thank you!