Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Newbie

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Newbie

Hi all

I'm new here.....I have just completed my first IVF cycle. Had retrieval done on 12/11; ET on 15/11 - transferred 3 six celled and 1 three celled embryos. Will be doing blood tests on 26/11 - and needless to say the waiting is just unberable! I did an hpt on 17/11 - I know it was too early :) - am thinking of doing one tonight - do you think it might pick up a pos?
Oooooof.... Tell me about the tww!  I had NO idea it could be so torturous!  In fact, the fact of it never crossed my mind... I never wondered if it would be difficult or anything.  But I am SHOCKED at how hard it is.  And now I'm down to the last TWO HOURS!  Waiting for my blood test results!!!
I swear they should develop something safe to knock us out for the two weeks.  So much for the humane-ness of this whole thing!
However, the negative result on the 17th is perfectly normal I would think because that's just not enough time at all for your body to have produced enough hcg to register a positive result and testing again today is probably still way too early.
Also, have you done an hcg shot?  That can mess things up and give a false positive.  Although since you've already had a negative, I would assume you've either not done it or it's already out of your system.
In the end, I guess there's no reason not to keep doing the hpts so long as you understand that it IS early so if they keep showing up negative it might not mean anything.
I did one yesterday thinking I'd waited long enough what with the blood test scheduled for today but that negative result knocked me so off kilter it's just not funny.
Welcome and best wishes for your test on Monday!!!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers