Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Ovulation Montoring - twice daily

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Ovulation Montoring - twice daily

Ladies,

My fertility acupuncturist suggested I test twice daily.  Once late afternoon and again in the evening.  As it turns out, most women apparently ovulate mid-afternoon.  So...if you wait until morning to test, you may very well have ovulated the previous afternoon, giving you a slightly skewed picture of things.

Good luck
Laura
Tags: Ovulation
I found that if I only tested once a day in the am, I would've missed my window so the months I'm trying naturally, I test at least twice/day. I buy a month's worth of OPK at a time. And I get the digital happy face OPK b/c I hate trying to figure out if the line is "darker or as dark as" the control line.
Does acupuncture really help you concieve (conceive)?
There have been a few studies.  Some suggest that it does, either on its own, or as a helpful supplement to IVF.  Some REs recommend it, other, more traditional ones, think it is a waste of money.  In any event, I haven't seen anything to suggest that it hurts, including my own skeptical RE!

The premise is that acupuncture helps promote blood flow and circulation, thereby improving ovarian function and with staying pregnant.

Friends of mine who have used it with success swear by it.  Both natural conceptions and through IVF/IUI.

Good luck!