Aa
A
A
Close
Ovulation Montoring - twice daily
Ladies,

My fertility acupuncturist suggested I test twice daily.  Once late afternoon and again in the evening.  As it turns out, most women apparently ovulate mid-afternoon.  So...if you wait until morning to test, you may very well have ovulated the previous afternoon, giving you a slightly skewed picture of things.

Good luck
Laura
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I found that if I only tested once a day in the am, I would've missed my window so the months I'm trying naturally, I test at least twice/day. I buy a month's worth of OPK at a time. And I get the digital happy face OPK b/c I hate trying to figure out if the line is "darker or as dark as" the control line.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1424965 tn?1289338671
Does acupuncture really help you concieve?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
There have been a few studies.  Some suggest that it does, either on its own, or as a helpful supplement to IVF.  Some REs recommend it, other, more traditional ones, think it is a waste of money.  In any event, I haven't seen anything to suggest that it hurts, including my own skeptical RE!

The premise is that acupuncture helps promote blood flow and circulation, thereby improving ovarian function and with staying pregnant.

Friends of mine who have used it with success swear by it.  Both natural conceptions and through IVF/IUI.

Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
Top Trying to Conceive Answerers
5875562 tn?1410902486
Blank