Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnancy test after ivf transfer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Pregnancy test after ivf transfer

Today is 11 days after my frozen transfer and the HPT says negative. I will go in on day 13 for Blood test is there any chance I could be prego or is it correct since it's past 10 days. This is my 4th attempt at this but most my eggs have been low quality but we used donor egg and the quality was really Good. I did have postive results in Oct after last transfer and my HPT was positive by day 7 but started bleeding a few days later and lost. We have 5 embryos left but is it Ever going to work for us?? Just Sad and Confused!

So has anyone had Negative on HPT and then been positive with BloodWork? I do have pains in my side off and on during the days and nights.
  • 3 day transfer (10 replies):
    How soon can you test after a 3 day embryo transfer? My ...[more]
  • ivf (7 replies):
    its me lateace should i take another test and if so whe...[more]
  • HPT (2 replies):
    How long after embryo transfer can you take a HPT for ac...[more]
  • pregnancy test (3 replies):
    Is it possible to have a negative urine pregnancy test a...[more]
  • negative test (4 replies):
    Hi everyone! I just did what you are not supposed to do...[more]
Hello!!!!  I know you are probably stressing out but it's very very very important to take tests that pick up starting around 15 mIU HCG.  I found out on Thursday that I had a BFP from my BETA 8dp5dt but my HCG level was 11.  There is no test on the market that can pick that up.  I got a dollar store test which picks up at 25 miU on Saturday and got my first hpt BFP which would have been 10dp5dt.  It is definitely possible.  You could have a low HCG level and that could be why the HPT is not working.  Also if you had a 3 day transfer 11dp is still kinda early.  Check out this link.  It shows you tests that pick up early levels of hcg......

http://www.*************.org/faq/hpt.html
WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK LADY!!!!!!!  HANG IN THERE AND KNOW THAT IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!  ;)
Thank You I feel better and I'm still hopeful!
his info helped me a lot when I was waiting and wondering (and worrying!) after my FET:

What Happens After an Embryo Transfer?
Once you complete your embryo transfer, you will have approximately 1½ weeks to wait before a pregnancy can be detected. The following tables outline an approximate timeline for what happens during a successful pregnancy after a 3-day transfer (3dt) and a 5-day transfer (5dt).

3-Day Transfer

One
The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula

Two
The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst

Three
The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell

Four
The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus

Five
The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation

Six
Implantation continues

Seven
Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop

Eight
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream

Nine
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted

Ten

Eleven
Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

5-Day Transfer

One

Two

Three

Four
Implantation continues

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

I'm with growbaby, though.  If your hcg levels are on the lower side, the only thing that will pick them up is your blood test.  So it is still possible.  Don't lose hope and keep us posted!!
I just got a note about not posting links on here.  I didn't realize that the information had been starred out.  lol.  Nevertheless the info that worththewait78 posted should give you hope also.  I actually checked this one out when I was stressing out last week.  Just to let you know also....the dollar tree/dollar store test (new choice and baby test) both pick up at 20 IUI which actually trumps some of the more expensive tests.     Still wishing you the best!!!!
Thank you so much for posting the embryo by day! Very helpful.
Thanks for the info it was Very Helpful!
You are most welcome.