Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Pregnant with NO SPERM???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnant with NO SPERM???

Hello everyone,
In Sept. I had a laparotomy done for stage 4 endo and cysts. After that my obgyn sent me to a fertility doc b/c she said the ends of my tubes looked "clubbed" (the finger-like things were shorter). So fertility doc said IVF would be my best option b/c I am high risk for ectopic pregnancy. Well, I went for workup blood and we found out I was pregnant. It was however an ectopic pregnancy. But here's where it gets strange, my husband went in for a semen anaylisis and it came back NO SPERM! Now he had smoked marijuana a week before this test, so the dr. scheduled another one for a month later, which was today, he has not smoked marijuana in about 2 months but his anaylisis came back no sperm again!!! How can he have no sperm and I got pregnant??? I am faithful to my husband, I have NEVER strayed. They told me that the marijuana could have been a cause and sometimes could take 3 months or so to leave system, however at the time I had gotten pregnant he was using marijuana almost everyother day. ( i have since fought with him to quit which he has) Andwhen I told the Dr. that she didnt really have an answer. Has anyone ever heard of a semen anaylisis comming back twice no sperm but the female had been pregnant a month before???