Pregnant with NO SPERM???
Hello everyone,
In Sept. I had a laparotomy done for stage 4 endo and cysts. After that my obgyn sent me to a fertility doc b/c she said the ends of my tubes looked "clubbed" (the finger-like things were shorter). So fertility doc said IVF would be my best option b/c I am high risk for ectopic pregnancy. Well, I went for workup blood and we found out I was pregnant. It was however an ectopic pregnancy. But here's where it gets strange, my husband went in for a semen anaylisis and it came back NO SPERM! Now he had smoked marijuana a week before this test, so the dr. scheduled another one for a month later, which was today, he has not smoked marijuana in about 2 months but his anaylisis came back no sperm again!!! How can he have no sperm and I got pregnant??? I am faithful to my husband, I have NEVER strayed. They told me that the marijuana could have been a cause and sometimes could take 3 months or so to leave system, however at the time I had gotten pregnant he was using marijuana almost everyother day. ( i have since fought with him to quit which he has) Andwhen I told the Dr. that she didnt really have an answer. Has anyone ever heard of a semen anaylisis comming back twice no sperm but the female had been pregnant a month before???
Well not with no sperm, you can have 0% motility which means they are not swimming, but unless he is completely strerile??? Which is unlikely, I hope this dosen't cause problems with the marriage! That would be awful. Good luck dear I hope you find some much needed answers!
The test came back semen volume normal, liqufication normal but no sperm present in the semen, is there a way that if he had a blockage that some got through the month i got pregnant, or that when he collected it was pre ejaculation? He said he really wasnt turned on during both collections, i dont knowif that makes a difference