Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Retroverted Uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Retroverted Uterus

Is there any one with a retroverted uterus and got pregnant right away ? I had my HSG last month ...
All my tests are normal  .. only prob i heard from the doc is that i have a retroverted uterus...
If you HSG and other tests show promise, a retroverted uterus is a benign condition when it comes to fertility/chances. I have a tilted uterus, endometriosis/adhesions, clear tubes, and an unknown reason why I couldn't get pregnant naturally. The tilted uterus was the least of my concerns. I got pregnant with Clomid + IUI + trigger + Monitored cycles.

Honestly, I think the trigger is what worked for me. First time was no monitoring and no trigger and the clomid + IUI didnt' work. I think I needed that little "oomph" of the shot to get things going. And they also said my cervix has a hook to it so I think IUI too was the key.

Congrats on the clear/normal tests. That is a great first step!

Good luck
I have a tilted uterus, and got pregnant after around 8 months of not trying/not preventing. It's really common in women to have this condition, and shouldn't cause any problems actually getting pregnant, but some doctors might say it is if there is no other explanation of infertility. How long have you been trying for?

Thank you so much for answering ....
I have been trying since my marriage two years ago ( today being my second anniversary )..
consulted a doc from June 2010 to Jan 2011 .. In that i did lot of tests ... hormones tests etc .. all postive results... did 3 IUI .. took clomid .. nothing worked out ..
So went to another Doc .. who told me about this retroverted ueterus , but told me that it wont affect conceiving ...and that it probably would get rectified after first delivery  ...
I took an HSG to see if my tubes were blocked .. but there was lot of spills which indicated that it is in normal condition ... This months I am on letrozole and would be taking an HCg injection to confirm that I ovulate ... All my tests said my conditions are good  soo  i ve no diea whats went wrong where .. :(
Hope this would be my  month ..
Has your husband been tested as well to make sure he doesn't have any problems?
Yup.. his test results are good ...  :)

Good luck
I have a tilted uterus and been trying for 3 years.Finally got pregnant, and I did what I read in some book... used "pre-seed" which is a pH balanced lubricant and is sperm friendly. It also helps sperm to move quicker through its path. Also, after BD, I layed on my stomach and had a pillow  under my somach pushing the buttocks up.

I heard from many women about putting your legs up, after BD, to help sperm move towards the tubes via gravity; however, that is for women with normal shaped uterus. For those of us with tilted uterus, we have to do the opposit of that advise.
Thats gives a Loooootttttt of hope to me ....
As i now had my hsg , and know that tubes are clear , I ve started thge second month after HSG with letrozole ( alternative to clomid) .. and planning to take an HCG injection ( Is that what u call a trigger ?I am not used to the terms ..) .. though I have 3 failed IUI s( b4 HSG ) and I am against IUI , I am gonna request my doc to do it for me this time ... I want to try all the methods coz , for coming two months I would be on a business assignment and be away from my hubby ... :( : ( ....

Even I ahve small  endometriosis and adhesions .. doc said my right ovary is sticking to somewhere .. :) /... dint understand what she meant ... :) ....

@praying2bamommy : Whats the lubricant that u used , ? I had a PCT test last year which came back negative . ( Testing presence of good sperms in a sample from cervix , hours afetr sex.. No sperms were present ) .. so i doubt I have antibodies ... so this things would also support me ....

Thanks everyone for the support ...

Hope things go postive this month ...
medhelp is the first time I am using the forums for this purpose , and feels like lot of family members talking to me ... thank you  all .. love u all for the support ... a big mmmmuuuuaaahhh from a sis....
CJ--Today is my Day 8 and went for a scan-have many follicles on both ovaries, 3 dominant and sizes are 14mm x 15mm--15mm x 14mm and 18mm x 13mm.  When do I trigger? on monday? that gives them time to get bigger??  Please can someone help me on when to trigger as I am doing this part by myself-no fertility treatment in Zambia as yet.
CJ--I also have a inverted uterus and hope this doesn't affect anything during self iui